Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 1.21.09

  • Terrye Kinch, Kaye Wood, Inc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2009

      January 21, 2009

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone I'm not sure if you know, but our own Kaye Wood is out west taking in the sun and warmth of Arizona. But don't think she's just lounging around, no sir! Kaye has TWO fun seminars planned that you won't want to miss. El Mirage is on February 2nd with the Mesa seminar following on February 4th. Click the link below for which seminar you'd like to get additional information for or to just sign up.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Kaye_Wood_s_El_Mirage_Arizona_Seminar/563

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Kaye_Wood_s_Mesa_Arizona_Seminar/563

      Check This Out!

      Brand new from our friend Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs we have the Mini Miranda Bag!

      The Mini Miranda is a purse-sized version of the popular, larger Miranda Day Bag pattern. Six inside pockets offer a place for all your essentials with room to spare. Mini Miranda measures 10-1/2" x 9-1/2" x 4" and is the perfect size purse for you and any of the young girls in your life! Choose different fabrics to match your mood or event! Also available is the Bag-E-Bottom sized just right for the Mini Miranda. Bag-E-Bottoms are 1/8" thick of clear acrylic with rounded corners that tuck in easily at the bottom of your bag, to give it a nice sturdy base. Interchangeable, it may fit other bags you have too.

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      New Sale!

      Buy Twisted Sister and get 99 cent s/h to any order shipped in the US/$1.99 for international orders. Plus, you can view this show for FREE on KayeWoodTV.com right now!

      All shipping charges will be changed at the time of processing.

      If you're looking for a quilt that's fun but unique, this is the pattern for you! Twisted Sisters might look complicated, but goes together quickly and easily. With complete step-by-step instructions, a rotary template for precision cutting and piecing (included), and 8 different variations, your success is guaranteed! Use fat quarters, scraps or yard lengths, the choice is yours, but the hardest part will be stopping with just one. So break out of the norm and get a little twisted!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Time is running out on this great sale!

      Buy the DVD of either Springtime Hearts or Hearts In Bloom and get the pattern FREE!

      That's right, for each DVD you order you save $8 by getting the pattern for FREE! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, now is the perfect time to be thinking hearts! Read on for more info about these two awesome patterns!

      Springtime is here all year round with this wonderful pattern, so put those florals to good use! Fussy cut your floral hearts and then frame them with the larger, solid colored hearts. Applique the hearts to a background block and there you have it! Pattern comes with full instructions that include two different tips for applique and complete binding directions for mitered corners. Uses Kaye's View & Do™ Heart Shape (sold separately).

      Sizes: Wallhanging, Twin, Double, King

      With this fun and easy pattern, you make four heart sizes which are layered and appliqued to a background square. The flowers bloom when the heart blocks are sewn together. Uses Kaye's View & Do™ Heart Shape and EZ Under (sold separately).

      Sizes: Wallhanging, Twin, Double, King

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Check out our new player on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Now it's even easier to view your favorite quilting show on our new player! Also, don't forget to view our great feature called Kaye Wood Quick Tips! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her "tricks of the trade" online right now for FREE!

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      We now have 63 clips/programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! Projects are available for quilters and sewers of all skill levels, so make sure you don't miss out, jump online and check out all of our shows!

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      Kaye's Quilting Friends can be seen on select Ohio stations!

      That's right, every Tuesday @ 2:00 pm you can enjoy a different segment of Kaye's 2200 series! Don't miss out on all of the fun and useful information, tune in on Tuesdays!

      WGCT TV 8***WXCB TV 42/Time Warner Ch. 3***WOCB-LP TV 48***WOCB TV 39/Time Warner Ch. 20

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) When applying FrayChek or other fray stopping solutions in a small space, put a few drops on a disposable surface such as foil, and use a toothpick to place the solution exactly where you want it. This avoids globs and excessive solution where you don't want it. Joanne K.

      2) I may have sent this in before. To "unsew" a seam, clip the top (needle) thread every 4 or 5 stitches. Then the bobbin thread will come out very easily and much more quickly. You do not risk cutting the fabric as you do with a seam ripper. Joanne K.

      3) I use a hanging cosmetic bag with all the plastic, zippered pockets to carry my sewing "necessities" to classes and sew days. My scissors, rotary cutter, threads, needles, etc. lay right in the pockets. In the matching "purse size" bag, I place my small scissors, hem clamps, smallest rotary cutter and various tiny items. I then place it in the largest compartment, then roll it all up and tie it. When I get to where I am going I unroll it, hang it on a chair and take out the small pouch to be placed next to my sewing machine. It works great for me and everything has a place when I'm ready to come back home, so I don't forget anything. Jennie

      The LoveQuilt™ Connection is coming to Puyallup, WA!

      When you come to enjoy the Sewing and Stitchery Expo, don't forget to pencil in some time for the LoveQuilt™!

      All quilts are to be donated to the Crystal Judson Family Justice Center in Tacoma, WA.

      The LoveQuilt™ Connection is an event taken to National Quilt and Sewing events, to promote community charity work through quilting. At this event YLI, Igolochkoy, Mt. Mist, P & B Textiles, Clover and Janome have donated supplies to make the 6 Hour Quilts. Our goal is to make 45-60 quilts to be donated to the Crystal Judson Family Justice Center in Tacoma, WA. A tiny bit of your donated time to stitch on a quilt, can be so beneficial to someone who needs a little love, so please try to join us.

      Event-LoveQuilt™ Connection

      Where-Centennial Tent of the Sewing and Stitchery Expo

      When-February 26-28, 2009

      Time-9:00 am-5:00 pm

      Kaye is coming to Arizona, have you reserved your spot yet?

      Two separate locations, two times the fun with Kaye and her Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show!

       El Mirage, AZ

      Monday, February 2, 2009

      Pueblo El Mirage RV and Golf Resort

      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293 or click the provided link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Kaye_Wood_s_El_Mirage_Arizona_Seminar/563

      Mesa, AZ

      Wednesday, February 4, 2009

      Windemere Hotel and Conference Center

      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293 or click the provided link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Kaye_Wood_s_Mesa_Arizona_Seminar/563

      Are you interested in becoming a "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Teacher?

      Our next "Quilting The Kaye Wood Way" Teacher Certification class will be held in Cincinnati, Ohio.

      When-Saturday, April 18, 2009

      Where-Cincinnati Mills Mall

      Kaye would love to include you in this group of elite teachers, so together you can share her original techniques to make quilting easier and more enjoyable. To sign up or for additional information please call Kathleen at (989)345-3028 or e-mail her at the following address.

      mailto:kathleen@...?subject=teachercertification

      Update on Quilts of Valor

      Since their inception, the Quilts of Valor organization have made it their goal to present wartime quilts, to service personnel that have been wounded while defending our country. Thus far 18,908 quilts have been distributed around the US to military men and women, as more branches of this organization have developed. If you'd like to find out more about this organization, please click the following link.

      http://www.qovf-um.org/

      Show & Tell

       Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This is a bright quilt made from the Laurel Burch collection. The quilter did a fabulous job. Kathleen

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Take a look at Quilt Qua a brand new quilt directory!

      What does "Qua" mean, you may ask? According to the dictionary it means, "in the character of or capacity of". What it means to me, Connie Colten creator of Quilt Qua is an all encompassing information center for quilters and quilt business owners. Check the directory which offers complimentary listings for businesses online and physical shops, patterns, teachers, machines, quilting services, retreats, supplies, frames, quilts for sale and wholesale fabric lines. It also offers listings for quilt museums, guilds across the country, blogs and quilt shows. There is an extensive listing of articles about quilting, a show and tell feature, and links for other information. Businesses have the opportunity to expand their listings to include additional info. If there is a business that wants to be listed, just send an e-mail and it will be added. The same goes for blogs, shows and anything else that would be of interest to quilters.

      I'm asking people to help out by adding info, sharing pics of their beautiful quilts, sending me articles or links to their blogs, and checking, adding and deleting guild info, so that it will be up to date and accurate. In the "capacity of" Quilt Qua is there to help you expand your creative expression. Please visit soon! Connie

      http://www.quiltqua.com/

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night. http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml