Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter 12.31.08

  • Terrye Kinch, Kaye Wood, Inc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008

      December 31, 2008

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! Well, the New Year is upon us whether we want it to be or not. Personally, I kind of like celebrating the New Year. Being with my family, good food, watching the ball drop, staying up late, it's all good. The only thing you won't find me doing is making resolutions! Why? Because I just can't stick to them, so instead of disappointing myself, I avoid the whole thing. Some people might consider this an easy way out and they are probably right. But I try to be a little optimistic during the New Year and I don't need more self-imposed stress in my life. To me the day to day stuff is plenty to focus on and worry about, without another whole list of things to change. So with that being said, here are some wonderful words of advice that I can personally live with! Happy New Year!

      RESOLUTIONS FOR AVOIDING MISERY

      Choose to love, rather than hate. ~ Choose to smile, rather than frown. ~ Choose to build, rather than destroy. ~ Choose to persevere, rather than quit. ~ Choose to praise, rather than gossip. ~ Choose to heal, rather than wound. ~ Choose to give, rather than take. ~ Choose to act, rather than delay. ~ Choose to forgive, rather than curse. ~ Choose to pray, rather than despair. Anonymous

      To all of our readers and viewers, may your life as you head into the New Year and 2009, be filled with joy, blessed with great health and overflowing with love! To you and all of yours, have a wonderful, safe, healthy and blessed New Year!

      From your friends at Kaye's Quilting Friends.

      Check This Out!

      Just click the link for all the new and exciting items we have on KayeWood.com! Check us later when we will feature more exciting products here in our newsletter!

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      What's on sale?

      A lot of "lasts" happening, be sure to check them all out!

      Last week to get any View & Do Shape for $12 plus s/h!

      You like them, you love them, you can't get enough of them! That would be the View & Do Shapes by Kaye Wood! Now is a great time to pick up the shapes you're missing, because for the next week, they are on sale for $12 apiece! Buy one, buy two or buy them all, no matter how you add it up, this is a great deal! Read on for more info about these awesome tools!

      Kaye's View & Do tools come in 5 popular shapes, a hexagon, octagon, circle, heart and diamond. Each shape has 4 removable pieces which allow you to make 2,4,6 and 8 inch size shapes. Great for fussy cutting, each template allows you to view your fabric in different sizes! No guess work and no ripping out stitches, because you know how it will look before you cut it! Ideal for rotary cutting, you'll find yourself using your shapes in a multitude of ways from sewing and quilting, to scrap booking and many other crafts! So check your stock and see which shape or shapes you need to complete or start your own set!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Monthly sale!

      Last week to order over $49 of product and get it shipped for FREE!

      This offer is only valid for orders shipped within the US.

      All prices will be changed at the time of processing in our office.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Last days to take advantage of our fabric special!

      Fabric is flying out of here...don't miss out!

      We have had a phenomenal response to our fabric sale and we don't want you to miss it. Fabric choices are limited and time is running out to take advantage of our great $5 per yard price and don't forget...FREE shipping too when shipped within the US! So plan those New Year's projects and spruce up your stash with our new FABRICS! Available while supplies last, choose your favorites now before they are gone!

      Normally $6 a yard, our fabric is now on sale for only $5 a yard. As an added bonus we will ship it FREE* till midnight, EST December 31st, 2008. So grab that cup of coffee and browse our fabric at your leisure in the comfort of your home. Beautiful colors and beautiful patterns, but don't forget...they won't be here for long so order yours today.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      *Free standard shipping offer for orders shipped within the US.*

      All sale and shipping adjustments will be made in our office at the time of processing

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Check out our new player on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Now even more easier and fun ways to view your favorite quilting show! Also, don't forget to view our great feature called Kaye Wood Quick Tips! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her "tricks of the trade" online right now for FREE!

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      We now have 42 programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! New projects are available for quilters and sewers of all skill levels, so make sure you don't miss out, jump online and check out all of our shows!

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) I have used straight pins, (the kind used for clothing construction) without glass or plastic heads, for hanging where one doesn't want to leave holes. These are tiny in diameter and if inserted into the wall on a downward slant, will hold wall hangings and other lightweight articles. A simple way to fill the holes if they are showing is to use white tube toothpaste, not the gel. It will dry and will not show unless on a painted color wall. Another trick is to use Greased Lightening to remove all traces of the oily putty residue. Rinse quickly with clear water or launder as usual. (It will also kill cockroaches.) This also works on removing old oil stains that have been laundered many times. Marilyn

      2) I use screen slat for the tops of my wall hangings and a small screw eye in the center of it for hanging. Then I take a dull needle, put it in the wall so that it angles upwards and is strong enough to hold them. If I move it, a little toothpaste will hide the tiny hole. Lou Ann B.

      3) In regards to the comments on how to hang things...Recycle your old sewing machine needles. Hammered into the drywall at an angle, they hold a good amount of weight. Plus, they only leave a tiny hole. It should also make you feel better about changing your machine needle more often if you have another use for it. I place a small dowel rod with little eyehooks screwed into the ends through my quilt sleeve. Then tie a string onto the eye hooks and hang it over the needle. Happy holidays! Sharon M.

      Kaye is coming to Arizona, have you reserved your spot yet?

      Two separate locations, two times the fun with Kaye and her Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show!

      El Mirage, AZ

      Monday, February 2, 2009

      Pueblo El Mirage RV and Golf Resort

      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293

      or click the provided link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Kaye_Wood_s_El_Mirage_Arizona_Seminar/563

      Mesa, AZ

      Wednesday, February 4, 2009

      Windemere Hotel and Conference Center

      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293

      or click the provided link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Kaye_Wood_s_Mesa_Arizona_Seminar/563

      Show & Tell

       Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This quilt I made for my daughter's MomsForMarines picnic she holds every year, for families of a Marine either going to boot camp or being deployed. It gives the parents a chance to ask questions or chat with other families that are going through the same stress factors as themselves. The quilt was raffled off and a 17 year old boy won it, and was thrilled! Donna

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Words of wisdom

      A good scare is sometimes worth more to a man than good advice.

      Experience is the best teacher because it's always on the job.

      People with goals succeed because they know where they are going.

      Look at life through the windshield not the rear view mirror.

      To succeed, do the best you can where you are, with what you have.

      A goal is a dream with a deadline.

      A liar needs a good memory.

      Give your troubles to God, He will be up all night anyway.

      Have a back bone not a wish bone.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night. http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml