Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 12.3.08

  • Terrye Kinch, Kaye Wood, Inc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008

      December 5, 2008

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      Hey everyone! Well, the first day of winter might not be till December 21st, but you sure can't prove that around here! We received such a wintery blast this last weekend, you didn't know if you were coming or going! Wind, rain, snow and ice, the weather was changing so quick, it was hard to keep up! Add the frigid temps and it seems like it should be the middle of January around here, not the beginning of December! My thought is this; let it work it out of it's system now, then when winter really does arrive, we can coast right on through! Sounds good in theory doesn't it? I guess it doesn't matter where you live, there is always going to be some kind of weather issue! I hope the weather is looking better in your neck of the woods! Have a great week!

      Check This Out!

      Just click the link for all the new and exciting items we have on KayeWood.com! Check us in later when we will feature more exciting products here in our newsletter!

      What's on sale?

      99 cent s/h on Snow Belles or Frosted Friends.

      $1.99 s/h for international orders.

      We have 2 really cute patterns from Happy Apple Quilts for you to see. Read on for more info about them.

      Snow Belles-These lovely little ladies are a wonderful way to express to your friends, how important they are to you! Great in any color scheme, these girls will warm your heart as well as dress up your wall! Separate options are included for 3 different size wall hangings, just pick the one that fits you! Let your imagination flow as you dress these girls up or down, depending on the embellishments you use! This would make a perfect gift for all of your close friends and family, or a great little, "pick me up" for yourself! Here is some more info on this delightful pattern!

      • Pattern includes embellishment ideas and tips.
      • Full size appliqué templates included.
      • Sizes depend on how many ladies you use.

      Pattern includes directions for sizes; 30" x 36"---22" x 28"---22" x 22"

      Available for a short period, get your Snow Belles in time for the holidays!

      Frosted Friends-What better way to celebrate the season, than with the cutest little Frosted Friends around! Your Christmas tree will be a focal point from the bottom up, with these playful little guys smiling at you, from this wonderful tree skirt! Add the matching table topper and placemats, so your charming snow creations can spend the whole winter with you! This pattern offers all three projects in one package, so you have a variety of fun and unique gifts for everyone on your list! Plus, it includes instructions for three binding methods, a different one for each project! Check out other highlights from Frosted Friends.

      • Easy machine appliqué
      • Great beginner project
      • Quick and easy for all your gift exchanges
      • Favorite project for many instructors
      • Tree skirt and table topper measures 40" x 40"
      • Placemats measure 13" x 18"

      New monthly sale!

      For the month of December any order over $49 will be shipped for FREE!

      This offer is only valid for orders shipped within the US.
      Please read this:

      All prices will be changed at the time of processing in our office.

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Check out our new feature called Kaye Wood Quick Tips!

      Join Kaye each week as she shows you how to do a new FREE tip or technique online! This week Kaye shows you quilts from her Everyone Can Quilt book and tells you about some of her easy techniques! You can view this tip by clicking the link below!

      We now have 42 programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! New projects are available for quilters and sewers of all skill levels, so make sure you don't miss out, jump online and check out all of our shows!

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      1) I have used poster putty years ago on a poster. After I removed the poster the putty had left an oily spot where it had been. When I painted the room, the paint would not cover the putty spot and I had to prime it with a special primer for problems like that and then paint it. I would never use it on a quilt or anything valuable. Louise B.

      2) I have a tip for the "new" quilters out there. This is something that I learned the hard way. When shopping for a fabric for a project, always take a sample of the fabrics that you are working with along with you. Colors can seem "right" in the store, but when you get them home, they can be way off. I have stacks of fabric at home that can attest to this!!! Angela

      3) Here's my tip: Sometimes I don't want to take the whole spool of thread, I just want a bobbin. I use the little plastic bags that the extra button or thread comes in with that new shirt or sweater. Just the right size to hold a bobbin or two and they don't unwind and leave you with thread all over your sewing kit. In fact you can almost close the bag and keep the thread tail out to unwind as must as you need. Thanks for the great website and updates! Faye M.

      Kaye is coming to Arizona!

      Two separate locations, two times the fun with Kaye and her Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show!

      El Mirage, AZ

      Monday, February 2, 2009

      Pueblo El Mirage RV and Golf Resort

      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293

      or go here:

      Mesa, AZ

      Wednesday, February 4, 2009

      Windemere Hotel and Conference Center

      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293

      or go here:

      Show & Tell

      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      I made these quilts for both of my daughters. Michele's is framed with red, white and blue because she is in the Army. I made the pillow and bulletin board also to match. I used T-shirts, iron on fabric with pictures I added, and printable fabric to make pics and copies of certificates she has gotten over the years. The wall hanging for Michele is made from printed fabric with pics from her basic training. Stephanie's is framed with FSU colors. At the bottom, the panel on the left is when she first started college and the one on the right is for her graduation. I used the same techniques as on Michele's. They really cherish these quilts. Now I'm saving my son's T-shirts for his quilt! Gail

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      A new cruise is in the works!

      Plan on taking a LoveQuilt™ Charity Cruise with Kaye Wood!

      What can be better than cruising the open seas and helping those in need at the same time? As you cruise, you can help make 6 Hour Quilts during a quilt-a-thon on board the ship. All completed quilts will be donated to a worthy charity to help those who need a little extra love. Our quilting group will learn how to make these quilts and will then "pay it forward" by inviting non-quilting cruisers on board, to join us in making even more quilts! Our goal will be 60 finished quilts by the end of the cruise. Here are more details.

      Event-LoveQuilt™ Charity Cruise

      Date-June 6 thru June 13, 2009

      Ship-Carnival Liberty

      Price-$999 per person

      Ports of call-Miami, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk

      To reserve your cabin call, 1-800-288-6006, Ext. 77317

      For additional info call, 1-800-248-5293 or go to http://www.kayewood.com/tips/cruise_2009_.pdf

      Questions that make you go hmmmm!

      I have a great response to one of our previous questions. Read on to find out how our reader replied.

      I am a retired 911 dispatcher and I have the answer to this question:

      3)What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

      Answer: Hair color is shown as a three letter abbreviation on your license, warrants and criminal history, thusly:

      Wonder no more...you now have the answer! Sue W.

      Thanks Sue for the info, I'm sure you satisfied quite a few inquiring minds!

      1) Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

      2) Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

      3) Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?

      4) Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?

      5) If you are dialing from a touch-tone phone, why do you call it dialing?

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Our Home Page

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      9-5 Eastern Standard Time.

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to: