Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 11.18.08

  • Terrye Kinch, Kaye Wood, Inc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2008

      November 18, 2008

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! We all know our country is, to put it nicely, a bit on the precarious side at the moment. With so much chaos and lack of security right now, we really need something to be thankful for! I'm sure you all realize Thanksgiving is just around the corner, right? What I'd like you to do, is e-mail me something that you are thankful for. In our newsletter next week, I will add as many of those as I can for all of our readers to see. Maybe in sharing with each other what means the most to us, it will overflow and give someone else a good feeling too. Send me your good thoughts, blessings and reasons for being thankful to the address below.

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=thankful

      Check This Out!

      Just click the link for all the new and exciting items we have on KayeWood.com! Check us in December when we will feature more exciting products here in our newsletter!

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      Last week for this sale.

      Buy any of Kaye's View & Do Shapes and get the brand new View & Do DVD for 1/2 price!

      Kaye's View & Do Shapes are one of the most versatile, useful tools you can have in your sewing room, especially when fussy cutting. For the next two weeks when you buy any of the shapes, you can get the DVD of Kaye herself showing you all the tips and techniques you need to use her shapes in a number of useful ways, for 1/2 price! That's a savings of about $5 for you on this all new DVD! No longer is there any guesswork involved, just 30 minutes of informative fun using the tools you love, from the teacher you love! Order yours today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Monthly Sale

      This sale will be over soon!

      99 cent s/h on this great Sewing Machine Cover by Lazy Girl Designs when shipped in the US.

      $1.99 s/h for all international orders.

      Sewing machines are a big investment and for everyday maintenance, you should keep them covered. To help with this we have a beautiful, quilted sewing machine cover you will love! The finished size is 17" x 11" x 8" for a roomy fit that will work on even your larger home sewing machines. Plus, this cover has an added feature that leaves the bottom side seams open, to allow a better fit over your sewing machine base. Easy to make, use your favorite colors to match your sewing room decor. This cover would be a lovely and thoughtful gift for any of your quilting and sewing friends.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Check out our new feature called Kaye Wood Quick Tips!

      Join Kaye each week as she shows you how to do a new FREE tip or technique online! This week Kaye shows you how to fussy-cut perfect diamonds for top, left and right sides of a tumbling block. You can view this tip by clicking the link below!

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      We now have 42 programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! New projects are available for quilters and sewers of all skill levels, so make sure you don't miss out, jump online and check out all of our shows!

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) When you buy fabric, be sure to check the country of manufacture. Some of these foreign fabrics have finishes that irritate the skin. It can cause a real miserable rash just carrying it to the cutting table as I learned the hard way. Obviously you want to wash this fabric before you work with it, as other countries don't regulate safety like we do in the USA. Joanne K.

      2) I read this tip some place and put it into practice with my first real quilted throw. Don't discard a project because you see mistakes. I would do that in the past, seams not exact, etc. This time I was determined to finish it and enjoy it for myself. Yes, seams are still not the perfect 1/4" and my first attempt at stippling is what I now call my Picasso pattern, because it has the equivalent of an eye on the forehead the way Picasso saw beauty. I look at that quilt every single day and it brings pleasure to me and that's what quilting should be about. Roberta K.

      3) As you know every quilter has to rip out at one point in time. I have a wonderful way to pull the threads out of the fabric. I take my emery board and run it over the fabric to remove the threads. It works really well. Anne W.

      Have you been checking out our Early Bird Christmas Sales?

      Don't miss out, they are almost over.......

      Lots of people have already been taking advantage of some great sales since this started last week! Another new sale will begin tomorrow so watch your e-mail for our notice to find out what it is!

      West Branch Seminar

      A big thank you to everyone who attended our seminar in West Branch, MI this last weekend! It was a great crowd and we had so much fun talking and spending time with you all! From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., thanks again for joining us!

      We have our winners!

      Last week we had a fun word scramble for all of you! The response was as usual tremendous, but these were our first 10 people to send in the correct response and very soon they will be receiving a fun prize in the mail. Thanks to all who participated.

      Ruth C.
      Carolyn T.
      Victoria H.
      Cyndi K.
      Cheryl G.
      Denise L.
      Mary F.
      MaryAnn J.
      Dottie K.
      Priscilla C.

      higanwenics

      chain sewing

      loptqitu

      quilt top

      lniibthdtcs

      blind stitch

      itnumacttg

      cutting mat

      tsnitighc

      stitching

      ihfraabocl

      fabraholic

      omwncllaeeasa

      seam allowance

      sinrugema

      measuring

      gnagnallwih

      wallhanging

      nargbide

      bearding

      sinditeihcthtthc

      stitch in the ditch

      laqpeuip

      applique

      tiamearl

      material

      olqichtngieu

      echo quilting

      hwtpkraco

      patchwork

      bsmmelhiteenl

      embellishment

      iermebdory

      embroidery

      netbswee

      betweens

      tapernt

      pattern

      doaolthcrb

      broadcloth

      Show & Tell

      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      I made it for my niece Brianna, she loves angels! The blocks are framed with the garden maze. I used scraps of satin for the dress. The wings are scraps of wide lace and the gold wings, I'm not sure. The over lay on the angel dress and sleeves are made from flat lace. My 81 yr. old mother drew the faces for me, that look Oriental I think. The back of the quilt I used a white satin sheet that fussed up a little sliding it around the quilting frame. This is my first quilt using John Flynn's frame and I love it! The angel pattern is from Fons and Porters Quilter Complete Guide. This quilt is far from perfect or an award winner, but it is beautiful to my niece and I. That is what it's all about, seeing their faces smile. Camille

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      A new cruise is in the works!

      Plan on taking a LoveQuilt™ Charity Cruise with Kaye Wood!

      What can be better than cruising the open seas and helping those in need at the same time? As you cruise, you can help make 6 Hour Quilts during a quilt-a-thon on board the ship. All completed quilts will be donated to a worthy charity to help those who need a little extra love. Our quilting group will learn how to make these quilts and will then "pay it forward" by inviting non-quilting cruisers on board, to join us in making even more quilts! Our goal will be 60 finished quilts by the end of the cruise. Here are more details.

      Event-LoveQuilt™ Charity Cruise

      Date-June 6 thru June 13, 2009

      Ship-Carnival Liberty

      Price-$999 per person

      Ports of call-Miami, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk

      To reserve your cabin call, 1-800-288-6006, Ext. 77317

      For additional info call, 1-800-248-5293 or go to http://www.kayewood.com/tips/cruise_2009_.pdf

      Questions that make you go hmmmm!

      1) If two wrongs don't make a right, then how come two negatives make a positive?

      2) If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?

      3) What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

      4) If quitters never win, and winners never quit, how can it be wise to; "Quit while you're ahead"?

      5) If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

      6) Why is it that when transporting stuff on a car it's called a SHIPment, but if transporting stuff on a ship it's called CARgo?

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      9-5 Eastern Standard Time.

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml