Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 10.28.08

  • Terrye Kinch, Kaye Wood, Inc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2008

      October 28, 2008

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone, Happy Halloween! The way the weather has been here, it'll be a happy one if we don't have snow on the ground! Very cold, wet, windy and blah! Typical for this time of the year I know and all leading up to the nasty white stuff we're sure to get. Here, we are planning our annual Halloween luncheon. One thing I can say about the ladies I work with is they love a party! They don't usually need an excuse, it could be as simple a reason as it's Monday to have a good luncheon here. Mind you, I'm not complaining because these girls can cook and cook good! A couple of them, (not mentioning names Brenda and Lori) are sooo good, they could open their own restaurant in my opinion! Now, I'm not taking anything away from the rest of us or downgrading anyone. We do pretty darn good and can put out some good stuff too, but I have resigned myself to the fact that some people cook and some people are meant to cook! Of course this does put a certain amount of pressure on the rest of us, at least speaking for myself anyway. But over the years I've just accepted that when you've got it, you've got it and when these girls cook, we usually all get it! So I thank my lucky stars for our cooking divas and just enjoy all the wonderful treats we are so generously given. Have a fun and safe Halloween everyone!

      Golden leaves swirl 'round about and tree limbs bow down low.

      Fall will have it's last hurrah, not in a hurry to go.

      October waves one last good-bye before it leaves the scene.

      Here's hoping you get more treats than tricks,

      Have a happy Halloween!

      Check This Out!

      From our good friend Margie Engel, we have Angelsong!

      Just in time for the upcoming holidays we have Angelsong! Eye-catching angel appliques make this 24" x 30" banner very quick and easy to make, and lovely to look at. Few fabrics are required for the angel appliques, which can be hand or machine stitched. Plus the stitching, embellishing and quilting are all done in one step! (Bead lovers, this would be a great pallet for all kinds of embellishments!) This pattern is simple enough to make a bunch before the holidays and impressive enough to give as gifts to all of your friends and family! Everyone from a beloved teacher to the ladies in your quilting guild would love to have this banner hanging on their wall! Don't forget to include one for yourself! Available for a short period of time, click the link to order and for additional info.

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      New Sale

      20% off the Just Country Pattern by Brandy!

      For a colorful, easy to do quilt, check out the Just Country Pattern, aka Crazy Strippin! This pattern is so much fun, you will just love it! No extra tools to buy, the acrylic templates are included with this pattern, so you can make blocks in 4, 6, 9 and 12 inches. Plus, you will receive instructions for 4 different quilt sizes, wallhanging, baby, twin and queen. These quilt sizes can easily be adapted to be as small or large as you desire, by using fewer or more blocks. A detailed supply list is provided for each quilt size, along with a FREE Brandy's key chain! Order within the next two weeks for your 20% discount on this pattern/tool set.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Monthly Sale

      Last week to get this great price on Everyone Can Quilt...$15 plus s/h!

      This is a must have book for any quilter! Kaye truly believes everyone can quilt and she doesn't hesitate to show you how! From beginner to expert, pointed or pointless, this book has something for everyone. With over 24 unique patterns from pot holders to bed quilts, Kaye shows you how to do it quick and easy. Great time saving tips and techniques, easy to follow instructions and paper templates (included), gives you all the things you need to make your quilting dream a reality! Beautiful color pictures of Kaye's work are included to help inspire you along with humourous stories of Kaye's adventures in quilting, told only as Kaye can, will give you a chuckle as you quilt! This is a great price for this book with a savings to you of over $7, so buy one for yourself and also for a friend. Makes a great quilting gift for anyone!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Check out our new feature called Kaye Wood Quick Tips!

      Join Kaye each week as she shows you how to do a new FREE tip or technique online. This week Kaye makes a wonderful quilt binding from start to finish with her perfect mitered corners technique. You can view that by clicking the link below.

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      After you watch Kaye, please feel free to print out the FREE PDF instructions of this technique at the following link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/tips/bindings.pdf

      We now have 42 programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! New projects available for quilters and sewers of all skill levels, don't miss out on the fun!

      FYI...Programs are viewed best with a high speed internet connection.

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement...Special Announcement

      The Early Bird Christmas Sale is coming!!!

      After the popular response we've had in past years, we're doing it again...our Early Bird Christmas sales running the whole month of November! This year there will be tons of special buys, prize giveaways and lots of fun! So make sure you're checking your newsletter each week for up to the moment details you won't want to miss out on! Here is some more info on how it all works.

      On Tuesday, November 4th you will receive our regular newsletter with it's usual 2 week sale, new monthly sale and all of our other normal features. Then on Wednesday, November 5th you will receive just a note, telling you what the first item of our Early Bird Christmas sale will be. Now don't panic, it will not be a whole newsletter again, just a small note telling about the sale item available. You will have till the following Wednesday to order this item at the sale price. Then on Friday, November 7th you will once again receive a short note telling you about another sale item that will be available to you till the following Friday. This will happen every week in November! So let's recap these special days. Tuesday will be our regular newsletter with it's usual features and great specials, that will run the way they always do. Then on every Wednesday and Friday during November, you will receive a short note of an additional, new sale item, that will run for only 1 week. That makes 4 great sales available to you each week in November! I can't tell you ahead of time what they will be, but I can say there are always some great buys you won't want to miss out on, and some new products you will want to see, so make sure you check them out! Plus, every Friday a newsletter subscriber will be drawn at random to win a great prize! There will also be other chances throughout our sales to win fun prizes. Great sales, great giveaways, it just doesn't get any better than this! So don't delete those e-mails until you check the sale item out. With our Early Bird Christmas sales, you have plenty of time to shop and still get a project done, so get in the spirit!

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) When clipping threads I stick them to my chest! They stick to my t-shirt and I don't have to pick them up off the floor or clean them out of the vacuum cleaner. Sandy B.

      2) Anytime I prewash my fabrics whether it is cotton or flannel, I serge the long edges together. This way the edges do not fray and I always trim off the long edges before I cut my quilt pieces. Sandra F.

      3) Tips for raising the cutting table. My husband went to Home Depot and purchased 2-1/2" PVC, cut it to the length that would raise my cutting table high enough for me so I wouldn't have to bend over the table. He purchased the "caps" to go over the cut PVC so it would not cut into the carpet or scratch the floor. I have two different lengths when I am doing different things. That way I can slip them under the legs for whatever I am working on. It is inexpensive and I can also store them easily when not in use. Nina M.

      Kaye Wood is back for another performance in West Branch, MI!!!

      Time is running out to sign up for this great event!

      Hey everyone, we're giving you a heads up on how to spend your hunting season this year...in beautiful West Branch, MI at the Kaye Wood Seminar! Yes, Kaye is coming back to show you her beautiful new quilts and what it takes to make them, plus update you on past tips and techniques to make your quilting experience that much easier. This would be a fabulous way to spend your day, learning about your favorite craft from the teacher you love! Lunch will be included with a beautiful soup/salad and sandwich buffet. Great food, great fun and great friends make this a wonderful event you won't want to miss! Just click on the link for more info and/or to sign up.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/West_Branch_Michigan_Seminar/559

      Kaye Wood Seminar

      Quality Inn, West Branch, MI

      Saturday, November 15th, 2008

      Space is limited so reserve your spot now!

      Show & Tell

      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This is a quilt that I made as a going away gift for my friends and neighbors. They spent 2 years living in Africa and are now in the UK for 2 years. Hopefully they will come back to New England. Diana

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & tell page, just e-mail your picture and story, 50 words or less please, to Terrye at the following e-mail address.

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      A new cruise is in the works!

      Plan on taking a LoveQuilt™ Charity Cruise with Kaye Wood!

      What can be better than cruising the open seas and helping those in need at the same time? As you cruise, you can help make 6 Hour Quilts during a quilt-a-thon on board the ship. All completed quilts will be donated to a worthy charity to help those who need a little extra love. Our quilting group will learn how to make these quilts and will then "pay it forward" by inviting non-quilting cruisers on board, to join us in making even more quilts! Our goal will be 60 finished quilts by the end of the cruise. Here are more details.

      Event-LoveQuilt™ Charity Cruise

      Date-June 6 thru June 13, 2009

      Ship-Carnival Pride

      Price-$1151 per person

      Ports of call-Miami, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk

      To reserve your cabin call, 1-800-288-6006, Ext. 77317

      For additional info call, 1-800-248-5293 or go to http://www.kayewood.com/tips/cruise_2009_.pdf

      Words of wisdom

      On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the Escape key.

      If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.

      When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

      The best inheritance parents can give their children is a few minutes of their time each day.

      Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

      My reality check bounced.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      9-5 Eastern Standard Time.

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml