Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 10.1.08

  • Terrye Kinch, Kaye Wood, Inc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Blank

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      October 1, 2008

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! It was a wonderful weekend here in Northern Michigan with gentle breezes, warm temps and lots of sunshine! We Michigander's appreciate these kind of days in the fall, because we know they're gone in the blink of an eye and what follows is not pretty! So get out and enjoy your fall season!

      We had a wonderful surprise at KWI here on Monday. We had just settled in when we received a couple of visitors, aka Mary Kaeser and her friend Lois! These girls were in town from Ohio to attend the American Sewing Expo in Novi and in case you don't recall, Mary was named the National LoveQuilt Connection Coordinator by Kaye Wood a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure how it all happened, but the show ended and Mary along with Lois, ended up on I-75 with Kaye Wood heading north! How is that for living on the edge? So we in turn got to have a wonderful visit with these two lovely ladies, before they headed back to Ohio. Their enthusiasm and ideas for promoting the LoveQuilt are absolutely contagious! If you are interested in attending or starting a LoveQuilt event in your area, you need to contact Mary. She can definitely point you in the right direction for any questions you might have. Thanks again ladies for making our week start on such a fun note! We hope to see you again soon!

      cquiltcinc05@...

      We have a new website!

      Have you looked at our all new website yet? A whole new look with lots of things to see, so let us know what you think!

      From our good friends at Happy Apple Quilts, we have Sunflower Sky!

      The flowers may be annuals, but this wallhanging is a perennial favorite! Step by step instructions along with detailed illustrations, clearly explain the easy rotary cutting and machine piecing techniques. A perfect pick me up for the dreary winter months. Click the link for more info.

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      New Sale

      $2 off any Elaine Waldschmidt pattern!

      It's that time of the year, time to make a new jacket for yourself. Nights are getting cooler and one of these beautiful jackets would be just the thing to keep the chill off. Stylish, yet practical with easy to follow instructions, we have 5 different styles to choose from. For more info on these jackets, just click the link and enter Elaine in the search box.

      Cabin Dance***M2 Again***Buttons Up***Woodland Hooded***Confetti

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Monthly Sale

      Take advantage of our truckload sale on Everyone Can Quilt...$15 plus s/h!

      This is a must have book for any quilter! Kaye truly believes everyone can quilt and she doesn't hesitate to show you how! From beginner to expert, pointed or pointless, this book has something for everyone. With over 24 unique patterns from pot holders to bed quilts, Kaye shows you how to do it quick and easy. Great time saving tips and techniques, easy to follow instructions and paper templates (included), gives you all the things you need to make your quilting dream a reality! Beautiful color pictures of Kaye's work are included to help inspire you along with humourous stories of Kaye's adventures in quilting, told only as Kaye can, will give you a chuckle as you quilt! This is a great price for this book with a savings to you of over $7, so buy one for yourself and also for a friend. Makes a great quilting gift for anyone!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      We now have 42 programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! New projects available for quilters and sewers of all skill levels, don't miss out on the fun!

      FYI...Programs are viewed best with a high speed internet connection.

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) If you have a friend who doesn't have a computer, let them know the local libraries all have them and the librarians are usually wonderful about showing you how to use them! They can go from watching KayeWoodTV.com to shopping on the Kaye Wood site in an instant! Lois

      2) I am concerned about the WD40 tip that was printed last week. Yes, WD40 will remove gunk, however, it will also dissolve plastic. If you use it on a plastic item, be certain to wash the item in dishwashing liquid to remove the WD40. Goo Gone is a safer alternative. Colleen G.

      3) Bending over is just not as easy it as used to be as I get up there in age, so I found something that helps me out. I use long barbecue tongs to help me pick up things I drop around my sewing room. I even have a magnet on the outside of one to pick up pins. It really has been a huge help to me. Muriel M.

      Kaye Wood is back for another performance in West Branch, MI!!!

      Sign up now, spaces are filling up fast!

      Hey everyone, we're giving you a heads up on how to spend your hunting season this year...in beautiful West Branch, MI at the Kaye Wood Seminar! Yes, Kaye is coming back to show you her beautiful new quilts and what it takes to make them, plus update you on past tips and techniques to make your quilting experience that much easier. This would be a fabulous way to spend your day, learning about your favorite craft from the teacher you love! Lunch will be included with a beautiful soup/salad and sandwich buffet. Great food, great fun and great friends make this a wonderful event you won't want to miss! Just click on the link for more info and/or to sign up.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/West_Branch_Michigan_Seminar/559

      Kaye Wood Seminar

      Quality Inn, West Branch, MI

      Saturday, November 15th, 2008

      Space is limited so reserve your spot now!

      Show & Tell

      Here are some beautiful quilts from our readers to view. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us. I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      I made this for a friends 50th wedding anniversary. Their wedding picture is in the middle and on the right side of it I wrote: Life is a journey...Many roads are traveled. The addresses of where they have lived are under that. Then I surrounded the whole middle with stars, along with heart shapes in the middle of the stars. Inside the hearts I wrote their children and grandchildren names and birthdates. They loved it! Kathleen

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & tell page, just e-mail your picture and story, 50 words or less please, to Terrye at the following e-mail address.

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      The survey says...

      Once again, you guys didn't let me down when it came to responding to our survey. We had lots of responses and we'd like to thank everyone who took the time to participate. Here was the question.

      Do you enjoy making traditional quilts, modern contemporary quilts or a nice blend of both?

      A) Traditional

      B) Modern contemporary

      C) I love them both!

      The tally on these votes were a lot closer than I expected them to be, with no clear answer that dominated. But we did have a winner and that was A) traditional, followed closely by C) I love them both. B) Modern contemporary was at the tail end, but not by many votes. Very close for all answers across the board. Here are a few responses from you our readers, and thanks again for your participation!

      1) Definitely A, traditional quilts. I know some folks don't think this is as creative as the "artsy" contemporary quilts, but there is definitely a challenge to getting perfect points and smooth applique. Also, because I love the look of antique fabrics so much, it seems that they look best when made into traditional designs. Sincerely, Anita C.

      2) B. I prefer contemporary quilts, usually my own design. Enid M.

      3) C, but I also like to add a bit of my own design as well. Jeannette C.

      Words of wisdom

      "Holding resentment is like eating poison and waiting for the other person to keep over." Unknown

      "Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself." Harriet Nelson

      "A heart filled with anger has no room for love." Unknown

      "To forgive is the most beautiful form of love. In return, you receive untold peace and happiness." Robert Muller

      "Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future." Paul Boese

      Ad Swap

      MAKE YOUR DREAM BECOME A REALITY-BECOME A SULKY CERTIFIED TEACHER!

      Whether you want to begin a career as a sewing teacher or advance your sewing career, the Sulky Teacher Certification Training program is designed to enhance your success. New classes are offered each year, so you'll have the most up-to-date teaching skills. You'll learn how to use the newest products, how to teach the most popular creative machine art techniques, and develop beautiful inspiring samples, not to mention have lots of fun! Maybe it is just time to do something creative and educational for YOU because you deserve it! Join us soon!

      For pictures and descriptions of the 2008 Sulky Teacher Certification classes visit www.sulky.com

      To sign up to attend, call Michelle today at 1-800-874-4115, Ext. 176 (East of the Mississippi) OR call Cathy at 1-800-874-4115, Ext. 161.

      The LAST 2008 Sulky Certified Teacher Training will be:

      November 13-15 in Kennesaw, GA

      This class is almost full with just a couple of openings. This event includes a tour of the Sulky warehouse facilities allowing participants to purchase virtually any Sulky product at huge savings!

      (We have expanded this class at a new hotel with larger facilities for this year because of the huge demand for this particular location.)

      To sign up for our monthly e-mail newsletter go to: www.sulky.com

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      9-5 Eastern Standard Time.

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml