Day 1 of our Christmas Countdown! Kaye's Quilting Friends

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Day 1 Christmas Countdown

      Kaye Wood's Quilting and Sewing On-line Newsletter

      Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!! Countdown to Christmas !!!

      Hey everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I myself had a wonderful time, although whenever I'm with my family, it ends way too quickly. But I must say, I do really miss them after they're gone. Oh well, Christmas is just around the corner so it won't be bad.

      Well, let's get right down to business. Today is the day the hoopla starts because today begins our Countdown to Christmas! Now for those of you unfamiliar with this, here is what it's about. Everyday, starting today and ending December 23rd, we will feature a new special. Sometimes it might be a discounted price or maybe a shipping freebe, you just never know! What you do need to know is that the special is good for only that day and when it's gone, it's gone. Everyday we will send you an e-mail, not a letter or anything big or long, just a little blurb, letting you know what the special for that day is. Now, if the thought of an e-mail from us everyday, sends you over the edge, DON'T PANIC! Just let Terrye know and she will suspend your e-mails till after the first of January. You don't have to unsubscribe, because we'll miss you and we're real sensitive, especially this time of the year. But seriously, we can take care of it without withdrawing your subscription, just let us know. So, without further delays, let the sales begin!!!

      To suspend your e-mails till the first of January, please contact terrye@ kayewood.com and put suspend in the subject line. To download this newsletter, just click on the link below.

      Monthly Specials

      candy canes *** candy canes *** candy canes *** candy canes *** candy canes *** candy canes *** candy canes *** candy canes

      Here at Kaye Wood Inc. we're trying to get in the Christmas spirit. Well, to me, the best way to do that is to give a gift. So, for the whole month of December, whenever you place an order, we will include a free View a Strip by our own Kaye Wood. In case you're not familiar with this tool, let me tell you a little about it. When you have fabric that might be especially "busy" or with a distinct pattern, the View a Strip will let you view that fabric and how it will look in a strip from 1/2 inch to 3 inches wide. It takes all the guess work out of it and you get just the print you want. It couldn't be easier and we will include one FREE with any order we have to ship.

      FREE VIEW A STRIP W/ANY SHIPPED ORDER

      Now for a little variety, we are going to include a second special just for the month of December. This special has gone over sooo good in the past, especially this time of the year, so we decided to run it again.

      This special is going to help bring the outdoors in! Too cold to go outside and build a snowman? Well, do it inside with our Snowman Row Wall hanging pattern! These are the cutest little guys around for this winter! Snowmen, mittens and trees are sewn into vertical rows as opposed to the standard horizontal strips! It couldn't be easier! Make a bunch to adorn the walls of friends and family alike. It'll be the favorite gift under the tree! The best part is the price. This month only, you can get this pattern for $6! That's $2 off our retail price! So when the weather outside is frightful, sit by the fire that's so delightful, and sew your Snowman Row!

      Daily special for December 1st.

      Our special for today features that wonderful new pattern by Kaye Wood called Stacking My Blocks. For today only you can get Stacking My Blocks for $8 out the door. No extra fees and above all no shipping! This is again only good for today, so order Stacking My Blocks and we'll ship it to you FREE! Don't delay, order today!
      First in the new line of patterns by Kaye Wood!

      Stacking My Blocks

      Free shipping on this pattern if you order today!

      Organization? Here are some tips to make it easier!

      A great way to make quilting faster is to take the time to organize your projects. This is not as hard as it might sound. All you need to do is list out everything you are going to require for your project in advance. Things like tools, materials and the time you'll need to actually build the project. That way you can reduce "wasted" time by having everything ready to go right from the beginning. But effective organizing goes even beyond this. To really move your quilting to the next level, you should keep a record of things that worked and things that didn't work, so you can constantly improve the effectiveness of your time. This is easily accomplished by starting and maintaining a quilting journal. Just make a quick note each time you discover a new idea or technique that works well, or a new tool or supply item that is ideal for a certain situation. Then the next time you go to do a project, you can easily check your journal in order to get a head-start. You don't have to "remember" everything since your journal takes care of that for you. You can set up this journal using any word processing program, or to get really organized, you can use one of the quilting software programs that are available. Whichever way you choose, your quilting journal will save you hundreds of hours of time, and make you a much more proficient.

      What's Happening?

      Everyone is all abuzz about the new series of Kaye's Quilting Friends! Kaye is in the studio as we speak working hard to put out another great series for everyone! New guests, new notions and all new projects! We'll keep you posted after the new year for it's arrival!

      Did you know that the Knowledge network is now showing Kaye's Quilting Friends 900 series? It sure is and that page has been updated. Just click on the link below for all the details!

      If you don't get our newsletter on a regular basis or know someone else who would like to, just click on the link below. That will take you where you need to be to sign up!

      Hey gang, if you have an upcoming quilt show, seminar or anything else you'd like us to list, just let us know! We're glad to help you out and it will hopefully help with your attendance. Just click on the link below.

      A quick way to find out what we have on sale is to click on the link below and put "sales" in the search box. All the items we have marked down or have on special should come up.

      PBS stations across the U.S. are showing Kaye's Quilting Friends. To check out viewing times or request that your PBS station air Kaye's Quilting Friends, just click the link below.

      Check out BYU TV to see when and where Kaye's Quilting Friends is being broadcast. Just click on the link below.

      Calling all quilt guild members! Help us spruce up our guild page. Submit your details to Terrye and she'll put them up on our site. Click the link below and mail your info.

      To check out scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      If you have any questions for Kaye, please feel free to send them in care of Joyce or Terrye. Kaye will try to answer as many as she can.

      You can download our catalog right to your computer. Just click the link below.

      Our message board is alive and kicking. A great place to ask for help, try out an idea, or just make a new friend. Just click below.

      If you'd like to check out some adorable pictures of our new Kaye Wood Inc. mascot Coal, just click the link below.

      Questions and Answers with Kaye!

      Q: I am trying to learn free motion quilting. My upper thread keeps breaking no matter what needle or thread I use. What can you suggest?

      K: The one thing that comes to mind is that maybe you are jerking the fabric while the needle is down in the quilt still. To avoid this, remember to always run your machine very fast and move your fabric very slow and steady.

      Q: When counting the number of quilting stitches in an inch, do you count both front and back?

      K: Both sides are counted. The easiest way to do this is to count one side and then just multiply by 2.

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week! Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way! From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all .......keep quilting! :-)

      PS**DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT TOMORROWS NEW SPECIAL!

      Take care, Joyce Horn

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call Kaye Wood Inc. toll-free at (800) 248-5293. Our operators are available Monday -- Friday, 9 am - 5 PM EST, or our secure voice mail system can be reached anyday, anytime!

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      Copyright 2004 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      Ad Swap

      Quilter's Hideout has one of the largest selections on the internet for quilt books, magazines, patterns, notions and gift ideas. With a newsletter featuring weekly specials, reproduction fabrics from top designers and quilt guild information you won't want to miss this site!

      http://www.quiltershideout.com

      Free Quilt Patterns at Quilter's Hideout