Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, July 29, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2008

      July 29, 2008

      Home Page

      Hey everyone! It's the end of July and I can hardly believe it! Summer has flown by and I have not a clue where it went! This time of the year is fun, because all of the local fairs and carnivals are coming to the area. You can always find something interesting to see, do and taste at the fair! Not to mention catching up with all the friends and neighbors you don't get to see on a regular basis! I have been taking my daughter ever since she sat in a stroller to our local fair. She enjoys it just as much now at 13 as she did when she was 2, and it's nice to see her get animated about something and let go of that whole teen vibe! Nothing like a big old bag of pure sugar in the form of cotton candy, to change a mood! So step out this month and see what's happening at your local fair. You haven't lived until you've eaten a greasy elephant ear covered in cinnamon sugar! Have a great week!
      To download this newsletter, click the following link.

      Check This Out!
      Check out this beautiful pattern from Charlotte Angotti called, "Love Is All Around", brought to you by Debbie's Creative Moments!
      Using the traditional Burgoyne Surrounded Quilt technique, this pattern is a generous lap size quilt, that measures
      54" x 72", with additional instructions on how to enlarge it to a twin size. A full color pattern, it comes with convenient illustrations to help you succeed.
      For more info about this wonderful pattern, just click the link.

      New Sale!
      99 cent s/h on Pantry Purses for US customers.
      $1.99 for international customers.
      (Bonus feature: You can see this program on KayeWoodTV.com right now!)
      Grab those potholders and placemats from the kitchen, we've got a whole new use for them now! See how you can make a beautiful Pantry Purse with all the accessories you need, from these wonderful kitchen delights! Quick and inexpensive to make, your Pantry Purse instructions will also show you how to make items such as these; checkbook cover, jewelry keeper, sewing kit, cosmetic bag, just to name a few! The Pantry Purse makes a great gift for family or friends, but don't forget to make one for yourself. Plus, when you buy the Pantry Purse pattern right now, you will pay only 99 cent s/h on this pattern! As an added bonus, you can watch this program on KayeWoodTV.com right now, and catch Cheryl and Kaye making their own Pantry Purse anytime you want!

      Monthly Sale
      Free gift with any shipped purchase!
      This is the last week to receive a View-a-Strip by Kaye Wood, absolutely FREE, with any shipped order! Now you can view fabric as it will look, after it is cut and sewn into strips, measuring 1/2" up to 3" wide. Especially helpful for large florals and striped fabric. No need to do anything, we will automatically add this to your order when it is shipped. E-patterns and E-books alone, are not valid for the free gift, it must be a shipped item.

      Special sale coming in August!
      Hey everyone! Be watching for our "Red Hot Summer" sale coming in August! For one week only, a different sale every day of the week, good for that day only! Lots of specials, lots of savings, lots of fun, so don't miss out! Click the link for more info!

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!
      KayeWoodTV.com has a new look and a new player, be sure to check it over!

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team! You definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week!
      Check it out here!

      After you've enjoyed the new Sulky segment, watch all 37 of our programs available to you, absolutely FREE! You'll find lots of fun and new projects for quilters and sewers of all skill levels!
      FYI...Programs are viewed best with a high speed connection.

      Kaye Wood's LoveQuilt Connection is coming to the Creative Festival in Reno, NV!!!
      Please come help make 6 Hour Quilts for those who need a little extra love! Just a little bit of your time can do so much to help comfort someone in need!
      If you'd like more information on how to set up your own LoveQuilt event, just click below.

      Come and enjoy the 5th annual Original Creative Festival at Reno, Nevada!
      August 14, 15, 16, 2008

      All new location at the Grand Sierra Resort.
      2500 East Second Street
      Reno, NV 89595
      Clink the link below for additional information and a $1 off your admission coupon!

      We want your tips!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      1) Kaye and friends, I have several tomato pin cushions. I divided them with a permanent marker into quarters, then put needle sizes on them. I don't know about you, but when I have to change the needle to match the fabric, I forget what the previous needle was for. Now when I take one out, I put it in the tomato "sharp 14" or "uni 12" etc. Now I always know what size the needle is. Thanks for a great site, Sharon
      2) When stacking your stash of fabrics on a shelf, place a sheet of acid-free typing paper between each fabric. Removing a selection from the stack becomes much easier. Claudia R.
      I teach first grade full time and run my home and children. If I don't "block" the time then I don't get to play with fabric. I have started to "block" out time on my calendar to work on my blocks. I plan two blocks of time each week, just for me to quilt. If I get asked to do something, the calendar reminds me that this time is for me to do blocks or other quilting. I can rearrange my schedule if needed, but I try to shift the blocks so that my quilting doesn't get neglected. Dottie Allen

      Show & Tell
      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us. I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      I made this quilt for my older sister as a surprise and boy was she surprised! It took me two years to piece the top using triangle on a roll. It was the original Exploding Star quilt that I expanded to complete the points of the star. Robin

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, just e-mail your picture and story, 50 words or less please, to Terrye at the following e-mail address.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address.

      Kaye Wood is back for another performance in West Branch, MI!!!
      Hey everyone, we're giving you a heads up on how to spend your hunting season this year...in beautiful West Branch, MI at the Kaye Wood Seminar! Yes, Kaye is coming back to show you her beautiful new quilts and everything it takes to make them, plus update you on past tips and techniques, to make your quilting experience, that much easier! A wonderful way to spend the day, and it sure beats sitting in the woods waiting for a deer! Lunch will be provided with a beautiful soup/salad and sandwich buffet! So grab a friend or make a new one at the seminar, this is a great time you won't want to miss!
      Kaye Wood Seminar
      Quality Inn, West Branch, MI
      Saturday, November 15th, 2008
      Space is limited so reserve your spot now!

      Words to live by.
      If you don't lie down, no one can walk on you.
      We have two ears and one mouth. Think twice, speak once!
      The only thing worse than an alarm going off is the one that doesn't.
      Motivation is when your dreams put on work clothes.
      It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
      The greatest mistake you can make is to be afraid of making one.
      Happiness is the journey not the destination.
      Wisdom is what's left over after we smarten up.
      If your dreams turn to dust, vacuum.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice!

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      List your event
      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Our Home Page
      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website!

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;
       1-800-248-5293  , Monday thru Friday

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@kayewood com?subject=unsubhtml