Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter. July 22. 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 10:04 AM

      July 22, 2008

      Home Page

      Hey everyone! It's shaping up to be a beautiful summer here in Northern Michigan! My favorite part is just starting to kick in, when the home grown produce becomes available! There is nothing better than a sun ripened tomato, fresh off the vine, or an ear of corn just picked! Add in berries, cherries and all the other little goodies we grow here, and you just can't beat it! The smell, taste and texture is so much better when you can get these items freshly picked. All around Michigan, little fruit and vegetable stands are popping up along the side of the roads. If you get the chance, I highly recommend you stop and purchase some of this wonderful fare while it is available. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
      To download this newsletter, click the following link.

      From our friends at Happy Apple Quilts, we have Buckaroo Bears!
      This quilt makes a perfect gift for any child you know and love! Soft, cuddly bears welcome your little one into it's snuggly folds, giving them a big, warm hug whenever they cover up in it! Pattern comes in two sizes, 45" x 58" snuggle size and 74" x 87" twin quilt size. Plus, it has adaptations to make a wall hanging or pillow cover to go with your quilt! Karen uses three different reds and blues in the setting blocks to give it a scrappy look, but use your imagination and your own color scheme. Pastels for the bears bandanas and quilt colors, would be beautiful for a special little cowgirl of your own! This pattern features easy machine applique using fusible web, making this quick quilt perfect for beginners! For more info about this wonderful pattern, just click the link.

      Last chance sale on this collectible book, Kaye Wood's Strip Quilting Projects 2!
      $5 plus s/h or $2 with any other purchase!
      This is your last chance to pick up Kaye's Strip Quilting Projects 2! We are closing it out and it won't be reprinted...ever again! (boo hoo) For the next week, you can pick this collectible up for $5 plus s/h, or for $2 when you order any other item!
      Get them while you can because when they're gone, they're gone, so order today!

      Strip Quilting Projects 2 has something for everyone including; log cabin variations, placemats, wall hangings, denim quilts and scrap quilts, just to name a few. Techniques include bindings, prairie points, matching seamlines, cutting, sewing, pressing tips, and how to decide which batting and filling to use, along with many others. A definite book to have for your Kaye Wood library, and available for just a short time, so don't delay!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Sale
      Free gift with any shipped purchase!
      For this month only, any purchase made will receive a View-a-Strip by Kaye Wood, absolutely FREE! Now you can view fabric as it will look, after it is cut and sewn into strips, measuring 1/2" up to 3" wide. Especially helpful for large florals and striped fabric. No need to do anything, we will automatically add this to your order when it is shipped. E-patterns and E-books alone, are not valid for the free gift, it must be a shipped item.

      Special sale coming in August!
      Hey everyone! Be watching for our
      "Red Hot Summer"
      sale coming in August! For one week only, a different sale every day of the week, good for that day only! Lots of specials, lots of savings, lots of fun, so don't miss out! Click the link for more info!

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team! You definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week!

      Check it out here!
      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      After you've enjoyed the new Sulky segment, watch all 37 of our programs available to you, absolutely FREE! You'll find lots of fun and new projects for quilters and sewers of all skill levels!
      FYI...Programs are viewed best with a high speed connection.
      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      New Contest!
      Kaye is getting an all new website!
      Hey everyone, in case you hadn't heard, Kaye is soon to have an all new, easier to navigate, beautiful website! One of the features of this website, is a spot to post a testimonial, and we'd like to feature yours! Just send us an e-mail, in 25 words or less, what you like about Kaye Wood and/or her quilting products! The best one will be featured on our brand new website, so send us yours today! Please include your name, city and state with your entry.
      mailto:kathleen@...?subject=testimonials

      Kaye Wood's LoveQuilt Connection is coming to the Creative Festival in Reno, NV!!!
      Please come help make 6 Hour Quilts for those who need a little extra love! Just a little bit of your time can do so much to help comfort someone in need!
      If you'd like more information on how to set up your own LoveQuilt event, just click below.
      http://www.kayewood.com/lqconn.html

      Come and enjoy the 5th annual Original Creative Festival at Reno, Nevada!

      August 14, 15, 16, 2008
      All new location at the Grand Sierra Resort.
      2500 East Second Street
      Reno, NV 89595
      Clink the link below for additional information and a $1 off your admission coupon!
      www.pcmexpo.com

      Quilts of Valor update.
      Hey everyone, in our newsletter a few months ago, I told you about a wonderful group called Quilts of Valor. Quilts of Valor is a non-profit organization, that makes quilts for our service personnel, wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan. This group is always having "sew-in" events, and definitely have a need for more blocks. If you'd like to make a block to donate to this cause, just click the link below for more details, and the address on where to send your finished block. There are a couple of free block patterns available on their site, that they are currently using for their quilts.
      http://quiltsofvalor-socal.blogspot.com/

      If you'd like to view quilts made by the Quilts of Valor group, including those using Kaye's Rail Fence pattern, just click the link.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/24071860@N03/sets/7215760486736172/

      We want your tips!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) When stacking your stash of fabrics on a shelf, place a sheet of acid-free typing paper between each fabric. Removing a selection from the stack becomes much easier. Claudia R.
      2) Hi, I have a heck of a time threading needles. If I hold the eye of the needle against a white background, it shows the eye much better. Thanks, Fran
      3) As a longarm quilter, I have pieces of batting left over and never could figure out what to do with them. One of the best tips I have found was to use that batting on your dust mop. It really cleans everything up just great! Moneca O.

      Show & Tell
      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers to view! Thanks to all of your that submit and share your quilts and stories with us. I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      This quilt was made with help from my late friend Mae. She never got to see the finished quilt, but I am sure she would have loved it. The back is like a kitchen from the 50's, with the aprons all appliqued. Then the whole quilt was machine quilted. Nel

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, just e-mail your picture and story, 50 words or less please, to Terrye at the following e-mail address.
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address.

      Kaye Wood is back for another performance in West Branch, MI!!!
      Hey everyone, we're giving you a heads up on how to spend your hunting season this year...in beautiful West Branch, MI at the Kaye Wood Seminar! Yes, Kaye is coming back to show you her beautiful new quilts and everything it takes to make them, plus update you on past tips and techniques, to make your quilting experience, that much easier! A wonderful way to spend the day, and it sure beats sitting in the woods waiting for a deer! Lunch will be provided with a beautiful soup/salad and sandwich buffet! So grab a friend or make a new one at the seminar, this is a great time you won't want to miss!
      Kaye Wood Seminar
      Quality Inn, West Branch, MI
      Saturday, November 15th, 2008
      Space is limited so reserve your spot now!
      http://www.kayewood.com/seminar.html

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice!

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      List your event
      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website!

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;
       1-800-248-5293  , Monday thru Friday

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@kayewood com?subject=unsubhtml