Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, June 11, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2008

      June 11, 2008

      Home Page

      Hey everyone! As you know Father's Day is coming up this weekend. What constitutes as a father has changed over the years just like everything else. But to me, any man who makes a difference for the better in your family's lives, should be honored. Stepfathers, uncles, brothers, grandfathers or even a special friend, are all people to be considered. So I hope you take the time to honor the special men in your life. Here is a poem that I hope you enjoy.

      A Father Means...
      A Father means so many things, like an understanding heart.
      A source of strength and support, right from the very start.
      A constant readiness to help, in a kind and thoughtful way.
      A special generosity and affection, to always make your day.
      Yes, a Father means so many things, you know that this is true.
      But it really means the most to me, when he's a man like you!
      Thanks for being my Dad!

      If you'd like to download this newsletter, click the link.

      Check out this beautiful quilt from our friend Beth Ferrier of Applewood Farms called, Find Your Way Home!
      Compass points spin in this striking quilt! Easier than it looks, imagine this wonderful pattern in your colors, holding a prominent place in your home! Find Your Way Home measures in at 72" x 90" when finished, and has complete step by step directions for quick and easy piecing! Even a confident beginner, will be able to piece this quilt in just a few afternoons! Click the link for additional info.

      What's on sale?
      For just $19.95, you can get the pattern Fractured Bargello and the DVD of that show!
      Now you too can make a marvelous Fractured Bargello jacket, just like you saw on Kaye's Quilting Friends! The Fractured Bargello is a jacket that is sweatshirt based, and uses the stitch and flip method of attaching bargello strips to the sweatshirt. This pattern is good for all skill levels and is quick and easy with Nanette's quilt as you go technique. Detailed fitting instructions are included, so you get a great fit no matter what your body shape might be. Use your imagination and a multitude of fabrics, for a totally different look each time you make one! So easy, so stylish, this jacket is great anytime and anywhere! For the next week you can get the pattern and DVD together for $19.95! This is a steal of a deal you won't want to miss out on!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Sale!
      $1.99 s/h on the Simple Chenille Quilts book by Amy Whalen Helmkamp!
      All prices will be changed at the time of processing. This offer good for US addresses only.
      Do you like quilts that are nice and soft, that you can cuddle right down into? Than the Simple Chenille Quilts book is for you! Raw-edge patchwork and faux chenille, combine with simple and easy techniques, to make these quilts the fluffiest, most comfortable quilts in your home! Plus, Amy pairs up two trouble free techniques, for a new twist on these wonderful reversible quilts! This book includes 10 projects from lap quilts and table runners, to baby quilts! Techniques are included to make applique motifs from raw-edge hearts to chenille vines. No quilting required, just sew your blocks together and you're done! So order this fun book today and get a fantastic break on your s/h.

      Time to grab a cup of coffee and take a break! Sulky has another show for you to check out, filled with new and amazing ideas!

      This week, Joyce Drexler, Creative Director of Sulky, demonstrates the Sulky Transfer Pens. Joyce shows us a multitude of projects and ideas you can do using these pens. Joyce also shares how to use these pens the correct way and the best kind of paper to use for your project. Projects include dimensional leaves, lingerie embellishments, letters, stencils and more! Check it out here.
      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      After you've enjoyed the new Sulky segment, watch all 36 of our programs available to you, absolutely FREE! You'll find lots of fun and new projects! FYI...Programs are viewed best with a high speed connection.

      Would you like to meet Kaye Wood?
      Well take yourself to Cincinnati, Ohio and the Original Creative Festival, June 26th thru June 28th! You can catch Kaye every day either in our booth, teaching classes, or helping with her charity project, the Love Quilt, so come and join the fun! Plus on Friday, June 27th, at 5:00, join Kaye for her talk/lecture! If you've never sat in with Kaye before, you're in for a real treat as she shares some of her adventures and misadventures along the quilting road! A guaranteed good time, you won't want to miss! Click here for more info!
      http://www.pcmexpo.com

      If you'd like a coupon for a $1 off your admission ticket to the festival, click the link below.
      http://pcmexpo.com/data/EventsImages/OHIO%20coupon%20LARGE.pdf

      Kaye Wood's Love Quilt Connection is coming to the Creative Festival!
      Now you can help make quilts for those who need a little extra love!

      If every one of the 22 million quilters made just one donation quilt, 22 million people who need a little extra love, would receive a quilt. That's the idea behind the LoveQuilt Connection, founded by Kaye Wood in 1993.

      At consumer quilt shows around the country, people are invited to sit and sew on the 6 Hour Quilts, which are then donated to local charities, such as Ronald McDonald House, children's hospitals, Operation Linus, Wounded Warriors, VA Hospitals and fire/police departments. To date, more than 5,000 quilts have been donated from LoveQuilt Connection events.

      Come on down to the Sharonville Convention Center during the Original Creative Festival, June 26-28, and donate a small amount of your time to help make a 6 Hour Quilt, for someone who needs a little comfort and love. Quilts being made will be in memory of two local firefighters who recently lost their lives in the line of duty, and will be donated to the Colerain Fire and Police Departments.

      Come and meet Mary Kaeser, the local LoveQuilt Connection coordinator, her volunteers and Kaye Wood, while you quilt for a great cause!

      If you'd like more information on how to set up your own LoveQuilt Event, just click the link below.
      http://www.kayewood.com/lqconn.html

      We want your tips!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1. A friend has told me about a new use for the stitch-in-the-seam foot, that she learned at a class. What they did was put the foot up against their applique and use the button stitch, to go around the applique! She said it was so quick and easy, and her applique was stitched in no time at all! Francine T., Sequim, WA

      2. I have tried everything to keep a good 1/4" seam all the way to the end of my fabric! No matter what I did, I always got off track about half way through. I recently discovered that if I kept my left hand to the side of the foot to help kind of guide it, it helps me to keep it straight. Pamela M., Silver Springs, MD

      Don't forget to name the pattern!
      We hope you didn't miss your chance for the free pattern that was offered! You have till the end of the month to get your block pictures in and pattern names submitted!
      Alright everyone, put your thinking caps on and get your quilting hands ready! You've got the pattern, now the rest is up to you! You need to make a block or quilt using this new pattern of Kaye's, and e-mail us a picture of it, along with a name for the new pattern. Every entry will be considered and the winner will receive an assortment of Kaye's patterns, FREE, not to mention considerable bragging rights! You have until the last day in June to get your entry pictures and pattern name in. Sound fun? You bet, so get those creative juices going and win some free goodies!
      Send your entries here (don't forget to attach a picture of your block!):
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=namethatpattern

      Show & Tell
      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us. I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      A quilt for my dear sister in-law.

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.

      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, just e-mail your picture and story, 50 words or less please, to Terrye at the following e-mail address.
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice!

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      List your event.
      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on your events page, just click the link.

      Famous Quotes
      "Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it!" Dwight Eisenhower
      "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." Albert Einstein
      "Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going." Jim Ryun
      "Just go out there and do what you've got to do."
      Martina Navratilova

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml