Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, May 29, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2008

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Thursday, May 29, 2008

      Home Page

      Hey everyone! Sorry our letter is arriving so late in the week. I get a bit behind when we have a Monday off, so it takes a couple of days to catch up. We had some awesome weather for Memorial Day around here! Toss in some parades, speeches, family and a barbeque or two, and that's a well rounded weekend!
      I forget sometimes how beautiful things are around here in the spring. The countryside is so lush, green and fresh! The lilacs are in full bloom, and you can always catch a bit of their scent mingling in the breeze! Apple blossoms are opening up, beautiful but delicate. A good wind sends their petals raining onto the road till it looks like a carpet. It's nice to sit back once in a while and survey all the wonders around you. With gas prices what they are, I figure nature and I are going to get to know each other a lot better this summer! Have a great week!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, click the link.

      A fantastic Couch Caddy pattern by Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs!
      Makes a great Father's Day gift!
      Make one of these and you will definitely wonder how you ever got along without it!
      Have you ever done this? You just get settled into your easy chair to do a little sewing and watch some television, when you can't find your remote or your scissors! Wouldn't it be nice to have them organized and right at hand, ready when you need them? Well, if you had a Couch Caddy, these problems would be a thing of the past! This handy organizer measures in at 10" x 21" and requires less than one yard of fabric, and only about an hours time to make! No more searching to find your essentials, you will have them close at hand when you need them! Make one for all your family and friends! Click the link for additional info.

      Last week for this sale!
      Buy any Lazy Girl pattern, get a FREE package of Lazy Girl Sew-In Labels!
      Now you can customize each and every Lazy Girl item you make, with brand new Lazy Girl Logo, Sew-In Labels! Each package comes with 4 labels per package and they measure 2-1/2" x 1". They normally would cost $3 retail if you purchased them, but right now when you buy any Lazy Girl product, you will get a package of Sew-In Labels absolutely FREE! With 24+ different Lazy Girl items to choose from, finding a favorite won't be hard! This offer is not good on any previously placed order, and is limited to 1 package of labels per order. Just click the link and order yours today!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Sale
      This is your last chance to complete your View & Do Shape Set, any shape $12!
      Kaye's View & Do line comes in 5 popular shapes; hexagon, octagon, circle, heart and a diamond! Each shape has 4 removable pieces which allow you to make the shape in 2, 4, 6, and 8 inch sized pieces. Great for fussy cutting, each template allows you to view your fabric in a multitude of shapes and sizes, before you even cut it! No guess work involved, because you will know how it looks, before you take a snip! Also, they nest inside each other, so you don't have to worry about losing one. Hard enough for rotary cutting, you'll find yourself using your shapes in a multitude of ways from sewing and quilting, to scrap booking and many other crafts! So check your stock and see which shape or shapes you need, to complete or start your set! At $5 off each shape, it couldn't be a better time to do it, so order today!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
      Don't forget to check out our patterns to go with your favorite shape!

      Over 20 shows available for viewing, absolutely FREE!!!
      Have you taken a look at KayeWoodTV.com yet? You can now enjoy the show you love, right from your computer! Completely FREE, you can access any number of shows whenever it is convenient for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! With such a variety of shows to choose from, you'll be sure to find that Kaye and her guests will offer quilting and sewing projects for every skill level! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and start enjoying them now!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1. When I am doing a lot of sewing, the static takes over. The little pieces of cut thread sticks to my hands, scissors, machine bed, everything! I remedied this with a dryer sheet. I wiped the machine bed with it, wiped my hands with it, wiped my thread bag, and then I sewed a few stitches through it. It really worked good! Audrey N.

      2. When getting ready to do hand sewing, I load 12 needles on the spool of thread. Just hold onto the first needle and thread tail with one hand, and loosely hold the remaining needles in place, as you pull off the thread. Then just put the thread tail back in the slot or under the cap. Just don't sit on the spool of thread! Joanna M.

      3. I use an empty pill bottle that is just big enough to hold a spool of thread, and punch a hole in the lid. It works great for carrying a spool of thread for hand quilting or hand applique. The thread stays clean and no tangles. Dottie B., Trotwood, OH

      New Contest/Free Pattern!!!
      Have you gotten your FREE pattern yet? This is the last week this pattern will be made available to you, absolutely FREE!
      Alright everyone, put your thinking caps on and get your quilting hands ready! We've got a little contest for you! Kaye has a new heart pattern, but is at a loss on what to name it. (This is where you come in!) We have provided a link to the new pattern, in PDF format only, for FREE! You need to make a block or quilt using this new pattern of Kaye's, and e-mail us a picture of it, along with a name for the new pattern. Every entry will be considered and the winner will receive an assortment of Kaye's patterns, FREE, not to mention considerable bragging rights! The pattern will be up and available till the end of May, and then will be taken down until it is published. You have until the last day in June to get your entry pictures and pattern name in. Sound fun? You bet, so get those creative juices going and win some free goodies!
      Get the free pattern here:
      http://www.kayewood.com/may_contest_heart_pattern.pdf

      Send your entries here:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=namethatpattern

      The survey says...
      Here is something we haven't done in a long time, a fun survey question! I know how everyone loves to participate, so get your answers in, so we can include you in the results! Here is the question:
      How many quilting/sewing classes do you take in a year?
      A)1-5
      B)6-10
      C) Over ten
      D) Never take classes.
      Just send your response of A, B, C or D to the address below and check your next newsletter for the results.
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=surveyquestion

      Show & Tell
      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us. I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      Here are two queen size quilts I made for my bed and my sister-in law's bed, incorporating designs from my new embroidery machine. I love bright colors and flowers, so my quilt is a combination of these things. My sister-in-law wanted blues in her quilt. Peggy

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.

      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, just e-mail your picture and story, 50 words or less please, to Terrye at the following e-mail address.
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address.

      Word Find Results!
      The hidden phrase in the puzzle was, "Quilters never cut corners!"
      I have to tell you, that I just LOVE our readers! You always have such enthusiasm when I add things like puzzles, surveys, etc., the response is wonderful! We did have a few people e-mail to say they couldn't access all the words. I've talked to Terrye, and she responded that it might be your browser settings, but we do apologize if you didn't get the whole thing.
      When I made this puzzle, I tried to make it a little more challenging than the ones I've done in past letters. Some people wrote stating it was a bit too hard, so I'll still keep working to find that happy medium. But, in the end, we did have people who figured it out and they are our winners! They should be receiving some great gifts in the mail next week! Thanks again to all who participated and here is a list of our winners!
      Mary O. of Ashley, OH***Janie A. of Austin, TX***Lori M. of Tulsa, OK***Tom C. of Bel Air, MD***Trisha K. of Parkville, MD***Marilyn K. of Davenport, NE***Diane R. of Erlanger, KY***Dawn B. of Dorr, MI***MaryAnn J. of Ocala, FL***Sheila W. of BC, Canada***Kay M. of Paducah, KY***Pat B.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice!

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      List your event.
      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on your events page, just click the link.

      Famous Quotes
      "People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing." Oliver Wendell Holmes
      "A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Winston Churchill
      "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at time of challenge and controversy." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml