Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, April 9, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2008

      April 9, 2008

      Hey everyone! I have to say, for April in Northern Michigan, this last weekend was awesome!!! The temps were in the mid to high 60's, very unusual for here, and the breeze was lightly blowing, helping to dry up all the mud! The robins are back singing a happy tune, and you can look in the sky at pretty much any given time, and see geese and ducks heading north again by the flockful! (Yes, that's my word) The sky has been a beautiful blue and tinges of green can faintly be seen, peeking through the dead lawns of last year! Not that it couldn't still snow, it's certainly been done in the past, but at this point if it does, you know it's not going to stay long. Now I can start dreaming about the beautiful flowers I want to plant this year and how I want to plant them! You gotta love spring!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.

      Grandma's Joy by Happy Apple Quilts!
      Give or make an expression of love for your favorite grandparent or grandchild! All the joys of having a grandchild unfold in the unique quilt pattern, Grandma's Joy! This quilt measures 33" x 40" and comes with complete, easy to read directions, to make your quilt. Also included, 1 fat quarter of hand printed fabric, with each of the 12 expressions listed below. All 12 of the expressions measure 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" square, (finished size) and depict all the joy of being a grandparent! This pattern is available for a limited time, so click the link for more info.

      Grandma loves me just as I am...A grandchild is the most precious gift...A grandchild is a Little Miracle...A grandchild is the food at the feast of life...The heart that loves is always young...Grandma can never give too many HUGS...I won the grandma lottery...Grandma always sees the good in me...Grandma's job: dote dote dote...Grandparents help us think our best thoughts...GRANDCHILD a perfect title...Grandchild ... joy personified.

      Sale
      25% off the Attic Windows Kit!
      What's hiding in the attic window? Only you can decide with this fun attic window block kit! This kit contains full color instructions for quilts the size of a wall hanging on up to a queen. Also included are two triangle tools, one etched with a window so you can preview your motif, and the secret folding technique to make your blocks without the Y-seam! Let your imagination take you away so your windows reflect pieces of you or your loved one! For the next two weeks it's a steal with 25% off the kit price, so order yours today!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Sale
      99 cent s/h on the Sassy Bag for US customers.
      $1.99 s/h for international shipping.
      If you are shopping, traveling, or just prefer not to carry a big, bulky purse, the Sassy Bag is for you! Big enough to carry the essentials, small enough to lie firmly next to your body, the Sassy Bag is approximately 8" x 9" and features 2 inner pockets and one pocket on the outside back of the bag. Say good-bye to the days of rummaging through a big bag to find your important items! Try some beautiful spring/summer fabrics, to make the most fabulous bag for all of your outings! Do you know any kids? Pick up some fun, funky fabric and this bag will definitely be a hit with all the little girls and teens you know! It also makes a great quick, but stylish gift for anyone you know! Plus, you can see the episode of the Sassy Bay being made on KayeWoodTV.com right now, for FREE! So order your Sassy Bag through the month of April to get your shipping discount!
      All prices will be adjusted at the time of processing.
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Kaye Wood is coming to Ohio in April!
      Seating is limited and time is running out, have you reserved your spot yet?
      Now is your chance to meet and learn from quilting icon Kaye Wood, at her fun and informative seminar!

      Sunday, April 20 2008
      2:00 pm-5:00 pm
      Community Quilt Connection at the Cincinnati Mills Mall
      Fairfield, OH 45014
      Entry 2-2nd Floor
      Ticket price: $20.00
      Reserve your spot now by calling 1-800-248-5293 or e-mail;
      http://www.kayewood.com/wbseminar.html or mailto:kathleen@...?subject=ohioseminar

      Here is a fantastic new show premiering on KayeWoodTV.com right now!
      Join Kaye and Joan Hawley from Lazy Girl Designs as they make a Chloe Bag!
      Chloe is the goddess of all things zip, zing and sassy! This fat quarter friendly bag is fully lined and has several inside pockets, with an inside closure. This pattern includes directions on how and where to incorporate, optional embellishments and embroidery designs too! Embellished or not, you'll feel like a Goddess when you're carrying this bag! Just click the link to begin enjoying this show on KayeWoodTV.com right now!
      http://www.kayewoodtv.com/ktv.html

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!
      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now the show you love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With so many different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and start enjoying them now!
      KayeWoodTV.com
      FYI:
      Programs are best viewed with a high speed connection.

      We want your tips!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1. This is another comment about knotting the thread end that comes off of the spool. If you happen to be left handed, this really does work, because "lefties" roll their needle in the opposite direction from "righties", which is why thread tends to twist in the first place. If you watch your hand when you hand sew, you will notice that the needle rolls between the thumb and finger, just a little with each stitch. It's very obvious in cross stitching and embroidery. I've been teaching quilting for over 15 yrs., and this is always one of my tips when hand sewing:
      If right handed, thread the needle, then cut and tie the knot. If left handed, tie the knot, then cut and thread the needle.
      I actually have some of my grandmother's thread that has " left-hand twist" printed on the end of the spool, and the wrap is opposite from my other threads. Thanks for the newsletter and tips!
      Clarice S.

      2. Do you know how difficult it is to mark black fabric against black fabric? To make it easier to see your seam allowance, just slip a piece of white paper under the seam allowance. The contrast will make it easier to see. Florence C.

      3. To get a great view of your quilt and instantly see if any of your fabrics clash, purchase a "peeper" from the hardware store. This the spy hole thing, that fits into your front door. One end of it will reduce the size of your quilt, so you can view it all in one eyeball. I couldn't be without it! Betty W.

      Show & Tell
      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      Bargello quilt, enjoyed making it, but had to keep your mind on what you were doing! One block out of line throws your pattern out of whack and it usually happens in the middle of the quilt! Helen

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, just e-mail your picture and story, 50 words or less please, to Terrye at the following e-mail address.
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture alone with your story to this address;
      Kaye Wood, c/o Show & Tell
      PO BOX 456

      Set sail on the Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise this May!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!

      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008

      Celebrate Mother's Day this year with a great gift to yourself...a fantastic quilting cruise! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail on the Carnival Liberty Fun Ship, to these wonderful, exotic ports of call!
      Ft. Lauderdale...Panama...Costa Maya...Costa Rica
      Time is running out, so make your reservation today! For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      I've Learned...
      Heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
      You shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret, it could change your life forever.
      Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
      Sometimes you have to put the individual ahead of their actions.
      Many things can be powered by the mind, the key is self-control.

      Read about this worthy cause!
      Sew Much Comfort...Serving Those Who Serve Us
      Sew Much Comfort provides adaptive clothing, free of charge, to support the unique needs of our injured service members, from all branches of the military and national guard. The need for adaptive clothing continues to grow as American military members are injured serving their country. Help to support our troops and go to the Sew Much Comfort site for more info on this worthy cause!
      http://www.sewmuchcomfort.org

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premieres? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice!

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      List your event.
      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way! From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keeping loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml