Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Mar 4, 2008

  • Kaye's Quilting Friends
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008

      March 4, 2008

      Our Home Page
      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website!
      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! I hope this week finds you all doing well!
      I'm really pulling for spring in a very big way and I thought if I wished on a bunch of rainbows it might help!
      It surely can't hurt and if nothing else, they are very fetching, right?
      You know, I've been very patient this year. I've tried not to complain too much, I've tried to embrace the whole "winter" thing, and I have to tell you....I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!! There, I've said it and I don't regret it! It is time for spring, warm weather and leaves on the trees again! I don't want to start my car 20 minutes ahead of time, just to drive it to the corner! I don't want to scrape even one more window! I don't want to fight bad roads and even worse, bad winter drivers, just to get to work everyday! I don't care if I live in Michigan and should be used to this kind of stuff, winter needs to bow out gracefully! Whew! Do I feel better! But, as usual all the complaining in the world won't change a thing! The weather will do what it wants, regardless of how we feel about it, but I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed.
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you have to check to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!
      This beautiful, inspiring quilt is guaranteed to become a favorite for you and your family! Bible stories come to life as they are depicted in 12 different blocks of this fabulous quilt. Finished size is 43" x 56-1/2" and all 12 pattern blocks are included, on full size traceable sheets. Just trace, cut and fuse, your colorful fabric pieces onto black fabric, for that one of a kind stained glass look! This lovely art quilt would look perfect anywhere in your home, but it would also make a great gift for your Pastor or a one of a kind donation for your church. These Bible story block patterns are included: Creation, Adam & Eve, Noah's Ark, Joseph in Egypt, Moses and the Burning Bush, David & Goliath, Daniel in the Lion's Den, Jonah and the Whale, Birth of Jesus, Jesus feeds 5000, Zacchaeus and Resurrection. This pattern is available for a short time, so order today! For more info, just click the link!

      What's on sale?
      Last week to order your KQF videos for $10 apiece!
      Do you have a favorite episode of Kaye's Quilting Friends you'd like to own? Well now is the time to get it! For the next week you can order any Kaye's Quilting Friends TV show in DVD or VHS format, for only $10! These shows usually retail for $18 apiece, so now is a good time to save a bunch and get your favorites! No limit, purchase as many or as few as you'd like and you will save $8 on each video ordered! Just click the link below and it will help you find the shows you'd like to buy. Please allow extra time for delivery as each one has to be specially ordered.
      All prices will be adjusted at the time of processing.
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Special!

      Just in time for Easter and spring, you can get Sunbonnet Bunnies for 99 cent s/h, all month long!
      $1.99 s/h for overseas and Canadian orders.
      From Margie Engel of Engel Quilts we have the cutest pattern called Sunbonnet Bunnies! All the bunny appliques are included in this pattern and are very easy to cut and stitch, allowing you the freedom to embellish till your heart's content! Also, Margie includes tips on each applique page, to help things along! A very easy to follow pattern, this wall quilt measures 35" x 44" and would look wonderful in any room, including the room of that special little girl you know and love! So hop into spring and take advantage of the discount shipping all of March, when you order Sunbonnet Bunnies today!
      All prices will be adjusted at the time of processing.

      Here is a fantastic new show premiering on KayeWoodTV.com right now!
      Join Kaye and Joan Hawley from Lazy Girl Designs as they make a Chelsea Tote Bag!
      The Chelsea Tote is a great combination that can either be used as a tote bag or a backpack! Great for that "girl on the go" that likes a little versatility! Measuring a convenient 14" tall with an 8" square bottom, it definitely has the space to hold all of your valuables! A great look to wear over your shoulder with one strap, or unzip the strap and have a cute backpack! Joan also includes her tips for easy zipper installation! Enjoy this project being made on
      KayeWoodTV.com right now! Just click the link!
      http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid340480221/bclid348522981/bctid348523854

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now the show you love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      Kaye is coming to Ohio in April!
      Now is your chance to meet and learn from quilt icon, Kaye Wood! Come and check out the Kaye Wood seminar!

      Sunday, April 20, 2008
      2:00 pm-5:00 pm
      Community Quilt Connection @ the Cincinnati Mills Mall
      Fairfield, OH 45014
      Entry 2-2nd Floor
      Ticket price: $20.00
      Reserve your spot now by calling 1-800-248-5293 or
      http://www.kayewood.com/wbseminar.html
      or mailto:kathleen@...?subject=ohioseminar

      Join in on this wonderful event to help show our troops that we care!
      The Quilts of Valor Foundation are asking people to make a Friendship Star block to donate. They will then assemble them at a March 15th "sew-in" event. Each block donated will be sewn into a Quilt of Valor for service personnel wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan. Here is a link that will take you to this free pattern for the Friendship Star block!
      http://www.kayewood.com/eventsqov1.pdf
      Also, if you live in the Long Beach,CA area, 100 volunteers are needed!
      The QOV Foundation needs all the help they can get, to sew together 1600 Friendship Star quilt blocks into Quilts of Valor!
      Here is more info on where, when and how of this event!
      American Legion Post #496
      5938 Parkcrest Ave.
      Long Beach, CA 90815
      March 15, 2008/9am till 5pm
      For a flyer on this wonderful event, click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/eventsqov.pdf
      To receive more info or register for this event you can contact Barbara Winkler at:
      Barbara@... or creations4u7@...
      This foundation is not about politics....it's about people!

      Show & Tell
      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      This is the first mystery quilt top I ever made and I was very pleased with the end result! When a very good friend was diagnosed with cancer, I quilted it for her. I hope it gives her comfort during her long months of therapy. Since the top was done ahead of time, it didn't take long to finish it. She was so excited about it and appreciated the personal gift! Deb

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;
      We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in.

      I've Learned...
      ...credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
      ...your life can be changed in a matter of hours, by people who don't even know you.
      ...the clothes I like best are the ones with the most holes in them.
      ...it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts.
      ...two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
      ...it takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it.
      ...you can do something in an instant that will give you a heartache for life.
      ...even when you think you have no more to give, when a friends cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

      A brand new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail on the Carnival Liberty Fun Ship, to these wonderful, exotic ports of call!
      Ft. Lauderdale
      *****Panama*****Costa Maya*****Costa Rica
      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      Are you a "Green Quilter"?
      With the exciting debut of Marcus Fabrics' new certified, organic CANVAS, made with eco-friendly dyes, the company is soliciting quilters/crafters and their best tips, for ecologically responsible quilting! Of course, fabric prizes are at stake!
      http://www.marcusfabrics.com/cgi-bin/media/viewnews.cgi?id=EkpEAkEEuAvDtXkZrN&tmpl=features
      "Big or small, we're looking for innovative ways to preserve resources, reuse and recycle your favorite quilting supplies, tools and techniques, for the good of the environment." says Lisa Shepard Stewart, marketing manager.
      Once Marcus collects all tips received through March 31st, the tips will be posted in the, "Fun & Features" section, of the Marcus Fabrics' website! To share your tips and to be entered into three random drawings to win fat quarter assortments of the Oasis Canvas, submit them through the website or e-mail here:
      mailto:ecoquilter@...
      before March 31, 2008!

      Useful Links

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Find out what is going on in Kaye's life and the world of quilting!
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/
      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      Want to be notified when the Deal of the Day changes?
      Just join our list and you will get an e-mail when there's a great new deal to be had!
      mailto:terry@...?subject=subscribe_DOD

      List your event

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub_html