Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 2.27.08

  • Kaye's Quilting Friends
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2008

      Wednesday, February 27, 2008

      Our Home Page
      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website!

      Hey everyone! I don't know if you have realized it, but February has been kind of a unique month this year. February, 2008 has 5 Fridays this year, but not only that, the month started and will end on a Friday. Last week, we had an awesome lunar eclipse for all to view, and our month will end with Leap Day! That's quite a bit going on for the shortest month of the year!
      The whole Leap Day concept was very interesting to me as a child but as an adult, I honestly couldn't remember all of the details about it. So, to the internet I went, to educate myself once again about this day. The concept is very simple, we have Leap Years to help keep the calendar consistent with the Earth's rotation around the Sun. The Earth rotates around the Sun once every 365 and about 1/4 days. By adding an extra day every four years, they are able to keep the calendar on track. Leap Day typically happens just about every four years, but there is an exception to the rule. Years which are divisible by 100 are not Leap Years, unless they are also divisible by 400, in which case they are Leap Years! Have a headache yet? I suddenly remember why I chose to block this bit of info out! I say we leave the calculating to the professionals and just enjoy the day! Have a great week!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you have to check to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!

      Check This Out!
      From Jackie Robinson of Animas Quilts we have Chevron Posies!
      Chevron Posies is a super, simple project, building a Chevron Log Cabin block. Those blocks are then set on point with clear instructions, for making the large, setting triangles around the edges! Color illustrations throughout the pattern make it easier to follow and imagine how your quilt should be. For more information on this beautiful quilt, just click the link.

      New sale!
      Time to order your KQF videos for $10 apiece!
      For the next two weeks you can order any Kaye's Quilting Friends TV show in DVD or VHS format, for $10! These shows usually retail for $18 apiece, so now is a good time to save a bunch and get your favorites! No limit, purchase as many or as few as you'd like and you will save $8 on each video ordered! Please allow extra time for delivery as each one has to be specially ordered.

      Monthly Special!
      This is your last week for this special!
      $1.99 s/h on Kaye's View & Do Heart with one or more patterns!

      View & Do Heart Shape***Pinwheel Hearts***Hearts in Bloom***Four Patch Heart***Springtime Hearts
      Kaye's View & Do Heart Shape has 4 removable pieces which allow
      you to make 2,4,6 and 8 inch size shapes. Great for fussy cutting, each template allows you to view your fabric in different sizes! No guess work and no ripping out stitches, because you know how it will look before you cut it! Ideal for rotary cutting, you'll find yourself using your heart shape in a multitude of ways from sewing and quilting, to scrap booking and many other crafts! Plus, take advantage of the great shipping deal, when you buy the heart shape with 1 or more of Kaye's heart patterns! Love is in the air and you'll love these savings, during the month of February!
      All prices will be adjusted at the time of processing.

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Here is a fantastic new show premiering on KayeWoodTV.com right now!
      Join Kaye and Joan Hawley from Lazy Girl Designs as they make a Chelsea Tote Bag!

      The Chelsea Tote is a great combination that can either be used as a tote bag or a backpack! Great for that "girl on the go" that likes a little versatility! Measuring a convenient 14" tall with an 8" square bottom, it definitely has the space to hold all of your valuables! A great look to wear over your shoulder with one strap, or unzip the strap and have a cute backpack! Joan also includes her tips for easy zipper installation! Enjoy this project being made on KayeWoodTV.com right now! Just click the link below!

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now the show you love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      Show & Tell
      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      This is the quilt I made for our first Great-grandson! I wanted something bright and happy and I think I accomplished that, as I just felt good, everytime I worked on it! I also wanted a quilt that he could use for many years to come. I machine quilted it using, "stitch in the ditch" on the edge of the colored balls and along the sashing. This gave the same design on the reverse side of the quilt. I am very proud as I am not an accomplished quilter, but I do think I am on my way! Judy

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;
      We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in.

      Upcoming Event!
      The Sewing and Stitchery Expo 2008 in Puyallup,WA!
      February 28 thru March 2, 2008
      Stop by our booth and chat with Kaye, Brenda and Lori!
      The industries biggest stars and respected authorities, share the newest techniques and trends, with more than 100 daily seminars! Take home the very latest in fabrics, notions, machines and resources, when you browse the booths of more than 200 exhibitors! A variety of, "hands-on" classes, provide opportunities to indulge your creative side, explore emerging techniques and make new friends!

      Western Washington Fairgrounds
      110 9th Ave SW
      Puyallup, WA 98371
      1-866-554-8559 or

      Did You Know?

      • A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
      • Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the correct order, as does arsenious.
      • Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards.
      • Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
      • Blueberry Jelly Bellies were created especially for Ronald Reagan. .
      • The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
      • 'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
      • No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
      • More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air crashes.
      • A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
      A brand new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail on the Carnival Liberty Fun Ship, to these wonderful, exotic ports of call!
      Ft. Lauderdale
      *****Panama*****Costa Maya*****Costa Rica
      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      Or go to

      Kaye is coming to Ohio in April!
      Now is your chance to meet and learn from quilt icon, Kaye Wood!
      Come and check out the Kaye Wood seminar!

      Sunday, April 20, 2008
      2:00 pm-5:00 pm
      Community Quilt Connection @ the Cincinnati Mills Mall
      Fairfield, OH 45014
      Entry 2-2nd Floor
      Ticket price: $20.00
      Reserve your spot now by calling 1-800-248-5293 or e-mail
      or mailto:kathleen@...?subject=ohioseminar

      Are you a "Green Quilter"?
      With the exciting debut of Marcus Fabrics' new certified, organic CANVAS, made with eco-friendly dyes, the company is soliciting quilters/crafters and their best tips, for ecologically responsible quilting! Of course, fabric prizes are at stake!
      "Big or small, we're looking for innovative ways to preserve resources, reuse and recycle your favorite quilting supplies, tools and techniques, for the good of the environment." says Lisa Shepard Stewart, marketing manager.
      Once Marcus collects all tips received through March 31st, the tips will be posted in the, "Fun & Features" section, of the Marcus Fabrics' website! To share your tips and to be entered into three random drawings to win fat quarter assortments of the Oasis Canvas, submit them through
      the website or e-mail here:
      before March 31, 2008!

      Useful Links

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Find out what is going on in Kaye's life and the world of quilting!
      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      Want to be notified when the Deal of the Day changes?
      Just join our list and you will get an e-mail when there's a great new deal to be had!

      List your event
      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page,
      just click the link!

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to: