Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Jan 3, 2008

  • Kaye's Quilting Friends
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2008

      Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***Happy New Year***2008***

      Our Home Page
      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website!

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! Another year is behind us and I'm glad to say, out with the old and in with the new! I have never been so glad to put a year behind me. Now if I were a pessimist, I'd go into a long, drawn out detail about why I'm glad 2007 is gone, but I'm trying to live by, "the glass is half full" motto. So therefore, I'm diving right into 2008, hook, line and sinker, with the hopes that my head will stay above the water! To you our readers, may your life as you head into the New Year, be filled with joy, blessed with good health and overflowing with love ! Have a great week!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Here are some tips to help you obtain and stick to your resolutions!

      1) Be realistic.
      The surest way to fall short of your goal is to make your goal too hard.
      2) Plan ahead.
      Don't make your resolution on New Year's Eve. If you wait until the last minute, it will be based on your mind-set of that particular day.
      3) Outline your plan.
      Decide how you will deal with the temptation to skip exercise or have one more cigarette.
      4) Make a "pro" and "con" list.
      It will help to see items listed on paper to keep you motivated.
      5) Talk about it.
      Don't keep your resolution a secret. Tell people who will be there to support your changes.
      6) Reward yourself.
      Celebrate your success by treating yourself to something you enjoy, that doesn't affect your resolution.
      7) Track your progress.
      Short term goals are easier to keep and help you stay motivated. Keep track of each small success on the way to your big goal.
      8) Don't be hard on yourself.
      Everyone slips, get over it. Do the best you can and take it one day at a time.
      9) Stick to it.
      Experts say it takes about 21 days for a new activity to become a habit and 6 months for it to become part of your personality.
      10) Keep trying.
      If you run out of steam a month or so into it, just start over again!

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you have to check to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!
      Kaye's latest pattern the Seasonal Wallhanging!
      Whether you use it for holiday displaying or marking the seasons, this wallhanging will help you ring them all in! Click the link for more info!

      New sale!
      For the next two weeks when you buy 1 or both of these patterns by Joan Hawley, the Newport Tote or the Veronica Bag, your s/h on them will be only 99 cents! Read on for more info on these fabulous bags!

      If you'd like a bag that can go from a casual walk, to a classy night out on the town, the Veronica bag is for you! Fully lined with two inside pockets, this bag measures 9" x 7", just big enough to hold the essentials without bogging you down! Velcro tabs help to keep this beauty securely closed!
      The Newport Tote bag pattern is a fantastic bag that will quickly become your favorite. The unique handle & loop design allows you to carry the bag a number of different ways, such as over the shoulder, across the chest or as a back pack! This fully-lined bag is quilted and has inside & outside pockets. Bag size is 18" wide across the top of bag and 13.5" high from top to bottom edges. Easily a great bag to carry everything you need during your day!

      All shipping charges will be adjusted in the office at the time of processing!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      New Monthly Special!
      Buy any one of these patterns that feature the SM8 and get another for half price!

      Morning Glory

      Blazing Stars

      Kaleidoscope

      Pineapple Play

      For the next month, whenever you buy one of these awesome patterns, you can get another one for half price! Buy two and get two for half price! They are all made using Kaye's Starmaker 8 and they are all fun and easy to do! Click the link to find out additional info on these patterns.
      All price changes will be adjusted in the office at the time of processing.

      22 different shows to choose from.
      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now the show you know and love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) When I have small pieces of batting left over, I use it for dusting all over my house! I even have some I cut to fit my floor duster! It works great and it gives me a way to use those odd pieces of batting!
      Thelma K., Grand Rapids, MI
      2) I read this tip somewhere and tried it out years ago. I have to tell you, it works great, so I thought I'd pass it along! When I get rolls of batting, I take a heavy duty, shower curtain rod and put it through the cardboard tube that holds the batting. I then hang the rod in my spare bathroom. When I need a piece of batting, I just pull and spin it on the rod until I get the amount I need to cut off! When company comes, I just slip it off the rod until they leave! Sharon, Denver, CO
      3) I'm getting a little up there in age and bending over is not as easy as it used to be for me. To help me out with this, I got some long barbecue tongs, to pick up things I drop around my sewing machine. I also attached a magnet to the outside of one, to help pick up pins, etc. It has been a big help to me! Blanche, Warrenton, MO

      Show & Tell
      Here are some more beautiful quilts from our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      I started to make this quilt two years ago, as a gift for my daughter. She retired from teaching just this year. The bears are all hand appliqued and the sashing and borders are paper pieced. There are eighteen blocks in all. My daughter loves bears and she definitely loves this quilt! Marion

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;
      We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in.

      Come see Kaye at Mesa, AZ!!!
      Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show

      Windemere Hotel & Conference Center
      5750 E. Main Street
      Mesa, AZ
      Friday, February 15, 2008
      10:00 am - 3:30 pm
      Ticket Price: $40.00
      (ticket price includes a continental breakfast and lunch)
      Reserve your spot now by calling:
      1-800-248-5293 or e-mail kathleen@...
      Don't miss out on the fun!

      Famous Quotes

      • "Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man." Benjamin Franklin
      • We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives not looking for flaws, but for potential." Ellen Goodman
      • "It wouldn't be New Year's if I didn't have regrets." William Thomas
      • "New Year's Day. Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." Mark Twain
      • "Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account." Oscar Wilde
      • "One resolution I have made and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things." John Burroughs

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice!
      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Find out what is going on in Kaye's life and the world of quilting!
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      Want to be notified when the Deal of the Day changes?
      Just join our list and you will get an e-mail when there's a great new deal to be had!
      mailto:terry@...?subject=subscribe_DOD

      List your event

      A brand new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!

      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call! Ft. Lauderdale, Panama, Costa Mayo and Costa Rico!
      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to http://www.roundbobbin.com

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub_html