Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Dec 19, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2007

      http://www.kayewood.com/g2.jpgKaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, December 18th

      Our Home Page
      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website!

      http://www.kayewood.com/g10.jpgHey everyone, a little FYI for all of you. We will not have a newsletter next week, due to the fact we will be home enjoying Christmas with our families. The newsletter will be back in the New Year, so look for us again on January 3, 2008!
      From all of us here at Kaye Wood Inc., we wish everyone a very happy, safe and blessed Christmas, take care!

      My Christmas wish for you my friends, is not a simple one.
      For I wish you hope, joy and peace, days filled with warmth and sun.
      I wish you love and friendship too, throughout the coming year.
      Lots of laughter and happiness, to fill your world with cheer.
      May you count your blessings one by one, and when totaled by the lot,
      May all that you've been given, be more than what you sought.
      May your journeys be short, your burdens light, may your spirit never grow old.
      May all your clouds have silver linings and your rainbows pots of gold.
      I wish this all and so much more, may all your dreams come true.
      May you have a Merry Christmas friends, and a Happy New Year too!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you have to check to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!

      Check This Out!
      We still have great items on our Check This Out page to see! Be checking for new items in the near future!

      Last week for this sale!
      Buy 1 or more of these patterns and your s/h will be only 99 cents, while supplies last!

      Snow Belles

      Frosted Friends

      Snow Happy Together

      These are some of the patterns we premiered, just for our Early Bird Christmas Sale. We have some left that are available, but quantities are limited, so order them while you can!
      Prices will be adjusted at the time of processing.

      New Monthly Special!
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.euphorbia.jpgTake a look at this beautiful pattern Euphorbia, from our friend Margie Engel of Engel Quilts!
      You can receive 99 cent s/h on this pattern throughout the whole month of December!
      (s/h price adjusted at the time of processing)

      Gorgeous applique is yours with this 20" x 16" wall quilt from Margie Engel! Make it in an afternoon if you need a quick gift, by using a fusible for every petal. If time is on your side, take a bit longer and add some beautiful texture. This pattern will teach you how the achieve the desired effect that is right for you! Available throughout December, order yours today!

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!
      22 different shows to choose from.

      http://www.kayewood.com/g3.jpgBe the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now the show you know and love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      1) I take scraps of fabric and batting that I have saved and collected from my friends, and make them into a pet pillow. After they are finished, I take them to the local Humane Society Office, where they are very well received for the animals. Ruby

      I take a bag or old pillow case and keep it close to my sewing table so I can throw cut fabrics, etc. into it. When it is full, I just sew the end and have a fine pillow! Ruby

      2) One tip that really works is this. Wet the eye of the needle, not the thread, and the thread will go right through. Also, the platinum needles are the best quilting needles for me. They go through the batting much easier. Mildred

      3) I use my batting scraps and fabric scraps to make toys for my two Lhasa Apso dogs. I buy packages of squeakers from the Pet Supply Catalog Company and keep the squeakers in a drawer in my sewing room. One of my dogs will sit by that drawer and cry when she wants a new toy. She will sit by my feet while I make it and then play with it for hours while "Mommy" sews. They don't mind that it didn't come from the pet store and they don't care if it's misshapen or made from ugly fabric. Sometimes if she's really anxious for the new toy, I will just serge around the outside edges or top stitch it and leave it raw edges all the way around. Can you tell my "girls" are spoiled? Merry Christmas! Lisa N., Put-in-Bay, OH

      Christmas Holiday Facts

      • Along the shores of the Mississippi River, especially the Louisiana coast line, bonfires are lit on Christmas Eve. Their purpose is to guide the way for Father Christmas.
      • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens is the world's most read Christmas story.
      • Irving Berlin wrote the wonderful carol, "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" in 1942, specifically for the move Holiday Inn starring Bing Crosby.
      • Those who kiss under the mistletoe have the promise of happiness and good luck in the following year.
      • The world's most famous Christmas carol is "Silent Night".
      • The song, "Jingle Bells" was originally named, "One Horse Open Sleigh" and was written for Thanksgiving not Christmas.
      • The custom of leaving cookies for Santa originated in Germany, where trees were decorated with fruit, flowers and sweets. After leaving gifts for the good children, Santa would help himself to the goodies on the tree.

      Show & Tell
      Here are some more beautiful quilts from our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      This is a tree skirt I made with your View & Do Hexagon Shape. The pictures are of grandchildren when they were little. Now most of them are teenagers! Joan

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along
      with your story to this address;
      We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in.

      Famous Quotes

      "Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else." Judy Garland
      "If you don't run your own life, somebody else will." John Atkinson
      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
      "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it." Jonathan Winters
      "If we did all we were capable of doing, we would literally astonish ourselves." Thomas Edison
      "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
      "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place". Unknown

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice!

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Find out what is going on in Kaye's life and the world of quilting!

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      Want to be notified when the Deal of the Day changes?
      Just join our list and you will get an e-mail when there's a great new deal to be had!

      List your event

      A brand new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call! Ft. Lauderdale, Panama, Costa Mayo and Costa Rico!
      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      Or go to

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to: