Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Dec. 12, 2007

  • kincht
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2007
      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter - Wednesday, December 12th

      We'll be back to our "pretty" newsletter next week!
      Go here to see the entire newsletter:
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.html

      Our Home Page
      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website!
      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! The holidays are bearing down on us and I hope you're
      having more luck then myself when it comes to getting prepared. I am
      usually that annoying pre-season shopper, early present
      wrapper, "git-r-done", type of girl! This year, my lists are
      virtually untouched, my outdoor decor is not out yet, and my newly
      decorated tree, decided to take a nose dive this weekend. Ho ho ho!
      My house isn't cleaned like I like it to be, not one cookie is
      baked, and I still have no clue where some of my family is going to
      sleep! Ho ho ho! If I sound like I'm stressing a little, I'm really
      not! If I have learned nothing else from my good friends here at
      Kaye Wood Inc. over the years, it is this; Christmas will come,
      whether there's a cookie in the house or not. My family doesn't care
      if my house is immaculate. Lists are meant to be torn up and kids
      will sleep anywhere you put them. But more importantly, Christmas is
      not about any of those things getting done. That's what I need to
      remember. So ring those holidays on in! I'm sure we'll have a
      wonderful, blessed Christmas, with or without a cheese ball!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items, that change twice a week! You never know
      what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will
      be a great bargain! No prior notice, you have to check to see the
      great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!
      We still have great items on our Check This Out page to see! Be
      checking for new items in the near future!

      Brand new sale starting!
      Buy 1 or more of these patterns and your s/h will be only 99 cents,
      while supplies last!

      Snow Belles

      It's Snow Time

      Snow HappyTogether

      Frosted Friends

      Bear Claus

      These are some of the patterns we premiered, just for our Early Bird
      Christmas Sale. We have some left that are available, but quantities
      are limited, so order them while you can!
      Prices will be adjusted at the time of processing.
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      New Monthly Special!
      Take a look at this beautiful pattern Euphorbia, from our friend
      Margie Engel of Engel Quilts!
      You can receive 99 cent s/h on this pattern throughout the whole
      month of December!
      (s/h price adjusted at the time of processing)

      Gorgeous applique is yours with this 20" x 16" wall quilt from
      Margie Engel! Make it in an afternoon if you need a quick gift, by
      using a fusible for every petal. If time is on your side, take a bit
      longer and add some beautiful texture. This pattern will teach you
      how the achieve the desired effect that is right for you! Available
      throughout December, order yours today!

      22 different shows to choose from.
      We have a new show premiering on KayeWoodTV.com! Come and visit Kaye
      with her guest Donna Robertson of the Fabric Cafe, as they make an
      adorable kids jacket that starts out as a sweatshirt! Plus, they
      show you other great patterns in this kit!

      Check out the Baby Sew-Fari Kit from the Fabric Cafe! Patterns
      include a tote bag, a quilt with matching pillows and the adorable
      jackets! This kit includes full instructions, plus enough chenille
      to complete one quilt, a chenille brush and chenille guide!

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right
      from your computer! Now the show you know and love, can be accessed
      at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose
      from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV
      programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing
      projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these
      shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for?
      Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd
      like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to
      hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and
      it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) Don't throw away the batting you trim from your quilts. You can
      use it for table mats, coasters or table runners. Also, use your old
      vinyl table cloths for lining in the coasters. Vivian N., Spring
      Valley, CA

      2) I also plug my machine and iron into a power strip. However, I
      also have a set of the inexpensive holiday lights plugged in also.
      If the lights are on, the strip is on. Jody K.

      3) I have found the perfect way to store my pins, needles, marking
      pencils, and other sewing items that I like to have on hand. I use a
      silverware tray in my sewing drawer. It keeps things separated well
      and it's all there when I need it. Carolyn H., Silver Springs, MD

      Christmas Holiday Facts

      Oklahoma was the last state to declare Christmas as a legal holiday.
      They didn't pass this until 1907.
      The first commemorative Christmas stamp was issued in 1937 by
      Austria.
      Donder, not Donner, which means thunder, was the original name of
      the reindeer who helped pull Santa's sleigh. He was paired with
      Blitzen, whose name means lightning.
      The candy cane first gained popularity in churches, where it was
      given as a treat to children who behaved themselves during services.
      Gingerbread houses became popular gifts during the 19th century,
      after The Brothers Grimm released the story of Hansel & Gretel.
      The story of Rudolph was written as a sales gimmick for the
      Montgomery Ward Co. in 1939, by one of their employees, Robert L.
      May. The book was given freely to every customer who shopped there
      during the Christmas season.

      Show & Tell
      Here are some more beautiful quilts from our readers to view! Thanks
      to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us!
      I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      This is my first attempt at quilting. It was machine sewn and
      machine quilted. I made this quilt and donated it to my grandson's
      school to raffle at their Halloween Festival, for a fund-raiser. It
      brought in $150.00! Roberta

      This is a quilt I have just completed for my granddaughter and her
      husband to be. I have used a pretty border print. It is in her
      favorite colors and will be on her bed in Calgary, AB, Canada. It
      was machine quilted by Margaret Knoff of Hoyt, NB, Canada. Thanks
      for letting me share my picture! Janet, New Brunswick, Canada

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our
      readers, just click the link.
      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, just e-
      mail your picture and story, 50 words or less please, to Terrye at
      the following address.
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to
      this address;

      Funny Computer Quips

      A life? Cool, where do I download one of those?!
      Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the
      internet and he won't bother you for weeks.
      To err is human, but to really mess things up, requires a computer.
      As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.
      The truth is out there. Does anyone know the URL?
      In life, you can't press the backspace button.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers?
      Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a
      notice!

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Find out
      what is going on in Kaye's life and the world of quilting!
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient
      shopping day or night!

      Want to be notified when the Deal of the Day changes?
      Just join our list and you will get an e-mail when there's a great
      new deal to be had!
      mailto:terry@...?subject=subscribe_DOD

      List your event
      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our
      events page, just click the link!

      Have a question or want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you!
      Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      A brand new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day
      Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just
      for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these
      wonderful ports of call! Ft. Lauderdale, Panama, Costa Mayo and
      Costa Rico!
      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to http://www.roundbobbin.com

      Finale
      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need
      anything or if we can help you out in any way! From all of us at
      Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep
      quilting!

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-
      free at;

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you
      would like to receive announcements of new events and special
      promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml