Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Dec 5, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2007

      Wednesday, December 5th

      Our Home Page
      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website!
      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! Well, the first day of winter might not be till December 22nd, but you sure can't prove that around here! We received such a wintery blast this last weekend, you didn't know if you were coming or going! Wind, rain, snow and ice, the weather was changing so quick, it was hard to keep up! Add the frigid temps and it seems like it should be the middle of January around here, not the beginning of December! My thought is this; let it work it out of it's system now, then when winter really does arrive, we can coast right on through! Sounds good in theory doesn't it? I guess it doesn't matter where you live, there is always going to be some kind of weather issue! I hope the weather is looking better in your neck of the woods! Have a great week!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you have to check to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!
      We still have great items on our Check This Out page to see! Be checking for new items in the near future!

      Last week for this sale!
      Get them now at the lowest price of the season, any Kaye's Quilting Friends DVD or VHS tape for only $10 plus s/h!
      Have you ever seen an episode of Kaye's Quilting Friends and wished you could see it again? Have you liked a technique but wish you had that show to refer to? Have you ever wished you had Kaye Wood in your home to teach you? Well, now is your chance! For the next week, you can buy any DVD or VHS copy of Kaye's Quilting Friends TV show for $10 plus s/h! That's a savings of $8 off the regular retail price! Each tape is an exact replica of the show you see on PBS! Not sure which episode you want? Just go to our home page and enter DVD or VHS in the search box. It will bring up all of the episodes, plus a description of each show and what pattern, book or tool was used! This is a great chance to complete or start your very own Kaye Wood video library! So check that inventory, check it twice, and order all of your Kaye's Quilting Friends TV shows now, before time runs out!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      New Monthly Special!
      Take a look at this beautiful pattern Euphorbia, from our friend Margie Engel of Engel Quilts!
      You can receive 99 cent s/h on this pattern throughout the month of December!
      (s/h price adjusted at the time of processing)

      Gorgeous applique is yours with this 20" x 16" wall quilt from Margie Engel! Make it in an afternoon if you need a quick gift, by using a fusible for every petal. If time is on your side, take a bit longer and add some beautiful texture. This pattern will teach you how the achieve the desired effect that is right for you! Available throughout December, order yours today!

      22 different shows to choose from.
      We have a new show premiering on KayeWoodTV.com! Come and visit Donna Robertson of the Fabric Cafe and Kaye, as they make an adorable kids jacket that starts out with a sweatshirt! Plus, they show you other great patterns in this kit!

      Check out the Baby Sew-Fari Kit from the Fabric Cafe! Patterns include a tote bag, a quilt with matching pillows and the adorable jackets! This kit includes full instructions, plus enough chenille to complete one quilt, a chenille brush and chenille guide!

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now the show you know and love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      1) Love your newsletters! I keep a small, paper lunch bag next to my machine to put the cut-off threads in. However, static causes many irritating fly-aways, so I attached a small piece of the "hook" part of Velcro to the bag edge. Now if threads want to stick to me, I draw my fingers over the "hooks" and the threads stay in the bag! Judy R. of BC, Canada

      2) When I have to clean my iron, I just rub it while it is hot, over used dryer sheets. It cleans wonderfully and the smell is good too! Claudia B.

      3) I plug my sewing machine and my iron into a surge protector extension cord. That way when I turn things off, they all go off and nothing is forgotten to be unplugged. Gloria P., Wichita, KS

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      Christmas Holiday Facts

      • Christmas became a national holiday in America on June 26, 1870.
      • Holly berries are poisonous.
      • The poinsettia plant was brought into the US from Mexico by Joel Poinsett in the early 1800's.
      • The first state to recognize the official Christmas holiday was Alabama.
      • Poinsettia plants are non-toxic.
      • "A Christmas Carol", was written by Charles Dickens in just six weeks.
      • More diamonds are sold during the Christmas holiday than any other time of the year.

      Show & Tell
      Here are some more beautiful quilts from our readers to view! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      I'm back again to share with you another quilt that I have made for my son for Christmas. My son Dana, was looking through my old Kansas City Star patterns that I have been collecting for a while now, and picked out the Mayflower block. There are five rows of five blocks, each with sashing in between. It was a fun quilt to make! Thanks for letting me share it! Ramona

      This is the winner from the PCM show in San Rafael. The lady lived in France and the shading and quilting stitches, made each roof and wall of the picture unbelievable! She won by a landslide! Opal from PCM

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;

      Funny Quips

      • I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing!
      • Life is a test and I didn't take very good notes.
      • I'm allergic to food. Every time I eat, it breaks out into fat.
      • You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
      • They say kids brighten the home. That's because they never turn the lights off.
      • When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
      • Touch your toes, touch your toes and wish you'd skipped those Oreo's!
      • You know you're dieting when postage stamps taste good.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice!

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Find out what is going on in Kaye's life and the world of quilting!
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      Want to be notified when the Deal of the Day changes?
      Just join our list and you will get an e-mail when there's a great new deal to be had!
      mailto:terry@...?subject=subscribe_DOD

      List your event

      A brand new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call! Ft. Lauderdale, Panama, Costa Mayo and Costa Rico!
      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to http://www.roundbobbin.com

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!