Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Nov 6, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007

      RSS feed

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      November 6, 2007

      Hey everyone! I know Thanksgiving is a few weeks away, but the girls and I started talking turkey today and it just stuck with me. I don't know about you, but in our home, we eat a ton more chicken then turkey. Why this is, I don't know. Turkey tastes as good as chicken, cost about the same and is just as good for you, but we seem to keep it reserved for the holidays. I guess my craving will have to wait a little bit longer. Meanwhile, here are some turkey facts that I found interesting. Have a great week and don't forget to check out the second Early Bird Sale tomorrow!

      1) Turkeys have great hearing, but no external ears.
      2)Americans eat about 18.5 lbs. of turkey each year.
      3) It is tradition that our President "pardons" a turkey the night before Thanksgiving.
      The lucky turkey then gets to retire to the Kidwell Farm Petting Zoo in Virginia.
      4) At one time, both the bald eagle and the turkey were national symbols of America.
      5) Turkeys spend their nights in the trees. They fly to their roosts around sunset.
      6) Turkeys can drown if they look up when it is raining.
      7) A spooked turkey can run at speeds up to 20 miles per hour.
      8) The best time to see a turkey is on a warm clear day or in a light rain.
      Now that you probably know more about turkeys then you ever cared to, have a great week!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items for 1 day only, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you just have to keep checking to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!
      We still have great items on our Check This Out page to see! More new items will be featured after our Early Bird Christmas sale!

      Last week for this sale on Snow Belles!
      99 cent s/h on Snow Belles!
      Let these girls help make the season brighter with this all new pattern from Happy Apple Quilts!

      These lovely little ladies are a wonderful way to express to your friends, how important they are to you! Great in any color scheme, these girls will warm your heart as well as dress up your wall! Separate options are included for 3 different size wall hangings, just pick the one that fits you! Let your imagination flow as you dress these girls up or down, depending on the embellishments you use! This would make a perfect gift for all of your close friends and family, or a great little, "pick me up" for yourself! Here is some more info on this delightful pattern!

      • Pattern includes embellishment ideas and tips.
      • Full size appliqué templates included.
      • Sizes depend on how many ladies you use.
      • Pattern includes directions for sizes; 30" x 36"/\22" x 28"/\22" x 22"
        Available for a short period, get your Snow Belles in time for the holidays!
        http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Sale!
      Free e-pattern with every order throughout November!!!
      We have a brand new sale for you and it goes like this. For every order that is placed through the internet, during the month of November, you will receive a free e-pattern! In case you're not familiar with e-patterns, they work like this. We will send an email with your free epattern attached. It will be in Adobe Acrobat format. After it is downloaded, you can then print your pattern out. No need for you to do anything to get the pattern. Terrye will be keeping track and sending them out as the orders come in! So place your order in November to get your free e-pattern!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Try our fun word find!
      In honor of our Early Bird Christmas Sales, we have a fun word find! Mark out the words to find the hidden message, out of the letters that are left! Be the first 10 people to e-mail me with the right message and you will win some fun gifts! Send your answer here:
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=wordfind

      batting
      bind
      cut
      cutter
      grain
      knot
      mat
      mitered
      needles
      patchwork
      pins
      quilt
      sash
      seam
      seersucker
      selvedge
      tape

      Have you checked out our Early Bird Christmas sale yet?
      Hey everyone, are you checking in on the sale? There are lots of people taking advantage of our early bird specials for November and our second sale notice will be sent out tomorrow! Don't miss the boat, check them out, because there is definitely some great buys to be had. Plus, every Friday, a subscriber will be drawn at random, to win a great prize!

      Our First Winner!!!
      Free View & Do Shape Set!
      Drawn at random, let's give a big congratulations to, (drum roll) Alice of New York! She is the first winner of our weekly drawing, during the early bird specials! A View & Do Shape Set by Kaye Wood, valued at $85, will be shipped to her this week! Make sure you check back next week, to find out who our lucky Friday winner was, it could be you!!!

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!
      22 different shows to choose from.
      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now, the show you know and love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share?
      We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) I just watched your show about chenille and rag quilts, and as a quilter and an appliance repairman's wife, I wanted to share an important tip. When you wash and dry your finished rag quilt, it is best to take it to a laundromat. Not only does the dryer lint screen get filled up, but your drain pump and hose on your washer can get clogged up too. Now, if you are lucky, your husband can repair your washer, but if you aren't, the repair can easily add $100 to the cost of that quilt. Alicia W.

      2) I also found using a spool of thread, empty or not, inserted into the large cone, works wonders in holding the thread cone on my machine. It also works wonders in keeping the thread holder beside the machine, and the cost is even better! I love the large cones of thread, you can sew and sew without changing the thread on top of your machine. Judy V.

      Show & Tell
      Here are more beautiful quilts for you to check out, from our readers! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      Here's a baby quilt that I just finished. I had seen the pattern online and had a fit to try it. I think it turned out nice. I donate quilts to various places including; Save A Life, DHR and Kids in Distress. I love to create with colors, different designs and such. I free motion quilt all of my quilts. Donna

      Here is my "Welcome to New Orleans" quilt. I made this wall quilt for my niece who just moved to New Orleans. You can see a crazy quilted tree, much appliqué and feathers and beads. Her three children love their pictures in it and I enjoyed the challenge. Deborah

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;

      Work Humor
      *
      I pretend to work and they pretend to pay me.
      *
      I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame it on you!
      *
      There can't be a crisis today, my schedule is already full.
      *
      I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks.
      *
      The world is full of willing people. Some willing to work and some willing to let them.
      *
      *
      Sorry, yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.
      *
      Warning: Dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to know when a new show is airing!

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      Are you a list-a-holic? Don't worry, you're not alone!
      We have a new list, why not join today? What kind of list is it? It's an "update list" for the Deal of the Day page. When you sign up for this list, you'll get a short e-mail every time we update these fantastic deals. You won't have to remember to check the page, we do the remembering for you.
      Simply e-mail Terrye at
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=subscribe_DOD and we'll put you on the list!

      List your event

      Have a question or just want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008.
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!
      Ft. Lauderdale, Panama, Costa Mayo, Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      Unsubscribe detail:
      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions.
      To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!