Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Oct 30, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2007

      RSS feed

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      October 30, 2007

      HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

      Hey everyone, Joyce here wishing you all a very Happy Halloween! I know it's crazy, but I just love Halloween! My daughter tells me it's the little kid in me that still fights to come out once in a while. She could be right about that, although I'd never admit that to her! I don't know, maybe it's the costumes, it could for sure be the candy, but Halloween falls number 2 on my list of favorite holidays, right behind Christmas! It was so much fun as a kid creating my costume! Gathering everything you needed to make it authentic, trying it on, then starting all over again! I sometimes think that the anticipation was better then the day itself. As I outgrew the whole trick or treating deal, my focus switched to decorating. The house, yard, porch, anything that could be decorated was decorated and big treat bags were a must for the kids who came to my door. It made my year when my daughter was finally old enough to go door to door! I was in the costume making biz again and loving it! I have to admit, she did somewhat spoil things when she preferred store bought costumes over Mom's creations, but she was 6, so I let it go and moved on. Now she's a teen and not near as fun or understanding about these things as she used to be. Although, I guess the beautiful angel costume I created for her at age 9 would be a little small, even if she was willing to try it on to humor her Mother. Oh well, thank goodness for me, my niece lives right next door! I wonder if she'd like to be an angel?

      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.
      Golden leaves swirl 'round about and tree limbs bow down low.
      Fall will have it's last hurrah, not in a hurry to go.
      October waves one last good-bye before it leaves the scene.
      Here's hoping you get more treats than tricks,
      Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items for 1 day only, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you just have to keep checking to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!

      We still have great items on our Check This Out page to see! More new items will be featured after our Early Bird Christmas sale!

      Brand new sale!

      99 cent s/h on Snow Belles!
      Let these girls help make the season brighter with this all new pattern from Happy Apple Quilts!

      These lovely little ladies are a wonderful way to express to your friends, how important they are to you! Great in any color scheme, these girls will warm your heart as well as dress up your wall! Separate options are included for 3 different size wall hangings, just pick the one that fits you! Let your imagination flow as you dress these girls up or down, depending on the embellishments you use! This would make a perfect gift for all of your close friends and family, or a great little, "pick me up" for yourself! Here is some more info on this delightful pattern!

      • Pattern includes embellishment ideas and tips.
      • Full size appliqué templates included.
      • Sizes depend on how many ladies you use.
      • Pattern includes directions for sizes; 30" x 36"---22" x 28"---22" x 22"
        Available for a short period, get your Snow Belles in time for the holidays!
        http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
      Monthly Sale!

      Last week for free s/h on orders over $75!
      For the month of October, if you place an order of $75 or more, your s/h will be absolutely FREE! This savings will be taken off at the time of processing, and applies to US residents only.

      For our foreign customers.
      Due to the cost of shipping out of the United States, we cannot extend the free shipping offer. We will however, subtract $5 off your s/h for any order totaling $75 or more. This will be done in the office at the time of processing.
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Come spend the day with Kaye!

      Few seats are left, make your reservation now!
      A brand new seminar is coming to the West Branch, MI area and you should attend!
      Now is your chance to meet and learn from quilting icon, Kaye Wood!
      Here's what you will learn at the Kaye Wood Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show.
      If you have attended a Kaye Wood seminar in the past, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the new quilts Kaye has made and designed since then. Visit us again and refresh your quilting techniques and see all of the new ideas Kaye will be sharing. Kaye's seminars are lots of fun and you'll be surprised to learn, just how easy quilting can be! Her original techniques are guaranteed to bring you success and inspire creativity, with something to offer everyone! Get ready to laugh as Kaye shares some of the fun and crazy things that have happened to her, on the road to quilting success! Plus, Kaye will have her favorite quilts on display as she shows you step-by-step how to make them! The quilting process slowing you down? Watch Kaye demonstrate her techniques that will enhance accuracy and speed up the process of making your own quilts. Other techniques include; how to make perfect points on your hexagons and tumbling blocks. How to succeed in fussy cutting and making perfect fans, even if you're pointless! In the afternoon the fun continues as Kaye shows you ideas for octagon and hexagon Log Cabins, triangles, kaleidoscopes and much, more! Whether it be quick projects or full size quilts, get all the ideas you need to succeed! So gather your friends, call your guilds and head to Northern Michigan for a fun day with Kaye!

      Tuesday, November 13, 2007
      10:30 am-2:30 pm
      West Branch, MI at the Forwards Conference Center.
      Ticket Price: $30.00
      (ticket price includes a soup and sandwich buffet)
      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293 or e-mail
      kathleen@...

      Big Announcement!

      3 more days till the start of our Early Bird Christmas sale!
      Check your e-mail Friday, for the first item up for grabs!

      Hey everyone! After the popular response we've had in past years, it's back again! Our early bird Christmas sales running all of November! Now you can be ahead of the pack when it comes to getting great bargains! This year there will be even more special buys, more prize give-aways and a whole lot more fun! So make sure you're checking your newsletter each week, you don't want to miss out! Here's the details:

      We are now counting down to our early bird Christmas sale! This sale will take place throughout the whole month of November, so you still have time for a few projects before Christmas. Let me explain how it will work. On Friday, November 2nd, you will receive just a note, telling you the first item up for grabs in our early bird Christmas sale! Now don't panic, it's not a whole newsletter, just a small note telling you what's for sale and a little about it. You will have till the following Friday, to order this item at the sale price. Then on Tuesday, November 6th, you will receive our normal newsletter with it's specials. On Wednesday, November 7th, you will receive another quick note, letting you in on the next big sale item. This item will be available until the following Wednesday at that price. So let's recap these special days. Tuesday will be our regular newsletter, with it's usual great specials, that will run the way they always do. Then on Wednesday and Friday, you will receive a note of an additional sale item, that will run for only 1 week. Every week in November, you'll get a chance for 4 great sales! I can't tell you ahead of time what they will be, but I can tell you, there will be some great buys you won't want to miss out on and some new products you will want to see, so make sure you're checking them out! Plus, every Friday a subscriber will be drawn at random, to win either a $25 gift certificate, a Clover Mat and Rotary Cutter Set, a View & Do Shape Set or a Starmaker Master Template Set by Kaye Wood, valued at $85 apiece! Plus, we have other fun surprises in store for you! Great sales, great give aways, it just doesn't get any better then this! So don't delete those e-mails till you check out the sale item and get in the spirit of Christmas a little earlier.

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!
      22 different shows to choose from.

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now, the show you know and love can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can access these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!
      KayeWoodTV.com
      FYI
      : Programs are best viewed with a high speed connection.

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share?
      We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) Here's another tip for thimbles that are too big. Take a small, rectangular piece of adhesive Velcro, the soft side, and adhere it to the inside of the thimble for a comfortable fit that never slips. Elaine B., Williamson, NY

      2) Thread cones do not fit on the spool holder of my machine, so I place a coffee mug just behind my machine out of the way of sewing projects. This way I can feed the thread over top of my machine by way of the spool holder. Elaine B., Williamson, NY

      3) Threads all over your clothes while sitting at the machine? I use one of those inexpensive, adhesive lint wands and keep it in a drawer next to my machine. When it gets full of threads and fabric snips, I rip a layer off the wand and toss it. Elaine B., Williamson, NY

      4) A safety tip: save bent pins and needles in an empty prescription bottle, and the next time you go to the doctors or clinic, empty the contents into a sharps container they have for needles. With their permission of course! I also do this with my rotary blades. This keeps those sharp things out of the garbage and the landfills. Thanks, Second in MN

      Show & Tell

      Here are more beautiful quilts for you to check out, from our readers! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      I love doing machine appliqué, so I made this wallhanging about a year ago from the Art to Heart book. I usually give all my quilts and wallhangings away, but when I got this back from the quilter, I liked it so much, that I may just keep it for myself! Kathleen

      As you can see I have gone crazy and have stars in my eyes! I enjoyed Kaye's pattern sooo much, I can't stop making stars! Here are just a few and thank you for your inspiration! Jocelyn

      From Kaye's book, Stars Made Simple.

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;

       Did You Know?

      Did you know the first rotary cutters were never marketed until 1979? Founded by Yoshio Okada, he developed this fine product after watching a television show, that had a tailor cutting silk with big, bulky scissors. After watching how the scissors left the fabric with frayed, jagged edges, Okada got busy. Along with his development team and plenty of determination, nine months later, the rotary cutter was born! First designed for the garment and pattern cutting industries, quilters put this tool on the map in the early 1980's, and things have never been the same since!

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premieres? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to know when a new show is airing!

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      Are you a list-a-holic? Don't worry, you're not alone!
      We have a new list, why not join today? What kind of list is it? It's an "update list" for the Deal of the Day page. When you sign up for this list, you'll get a short e-mail every time we update these fantastic deals. You won't have to remember to check the page, we do the remembering for you.
      Simply e-mail Terrye at
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=subscribe_DOD and we'll put you on the list!

      List your event

      Have a question or just want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      Another fine site to check out.

      Check out our website www.thimblesandquilts.com. We are a user friendly site that is fun to use. We have a great variety of fabrics to chose from and we also have exclusive Western prints that are done by a real cowgirl from Northern Nevada. Northcott's Flower of the Month wallhanging kits are available at our site too!
      Sign up for our newsletter on our web site.

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008.
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!
      Ft. Lauderdale, Panama, Costa Mayo, Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      Unsubscribe detail:
      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!