Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter - Oct 17, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2007

      RSS feed

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      October 16, 2007

      Hey everyone! Well, October is slipping or rather running away, and I can't believe the month is about half gone! Did anyone else see this coming? Have you also noticed how much earlier it is starting to get dark now? I have to tell you, the darkness thing really messes with me. I guess I'm like most people and do my best when the sun is shining. Soon it'll be that time of the year when it's still kind of dark when I get to work, and then really dark when I leave work. The longer it stays dark, the faster my energy level drops! Then I just start to get it together and learn how to function with it, and it starts going back to the way it was. Can't win, don't even bother trying anymore, it's just one of those things. I guess it's time to go to plan B, lots and lots more caffeine. So if my letters start rambling like they have no end and it's never going to stop and my thought process seems unending and things don't make sense anymore just remember.........it's not me it's the caffeine! That's my story and I'm sticking with it! Have a great week!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?
      Deeply discounted items for 1 day only, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the Deal of the Day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you just have to keep checking to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!

      Brand new and ready for you!
      Check out Kaye Wood's Children's Alphabet Embroidery Disc.

      If you're a fan of embroidery, then this is a must have disc for you! Brand new from Kaye Wood and the Stitchitize company, check out the Children's Alphabet embroidery disc! Based on Kaye's new popular pattern design, the ABC Quilt, this disc is one you don't want to pass up! With over 100 embroidery designs, this great collection includes 3 sizes of each letter and design, (3,4, & 5 inches) as well as a set of individual designs without lettering. Plus, the printed pattern for the ABC Quilt is included with the disc, as well as pdf instructions! With different formats for your sewing machine and easy to follow directions, machine embroidery has never been easier! Just click the link for more info about this wonderful disc!

      New sale!

      Kaye's brand new pattern is now available!

      Kaye has a new pattern out and you won't want to miss it! Kaleidoscope is hot off the press and ready for you! For the next two weeks, you can get this pattern with FREE s/h, US only.

      Do you remember the kaleidoscopes you played with as a child? How the patterns and colors twirled and mixed and blended into something else each time you looked at it? Now you can recall them again in this beautiful new quilt pattern from Kaye Wood called Kaleidoscopes! With this beautiful array of patterns and colors, you can find a new shape every time you look at it! Plus, as with all of Kaye's patterns, the cutting and sewing of this interesting design has been simplified, with the helpful tips that Kaye provides. Kaleidoscopes comes with complete directions for a wallhanging, twin, double or king size quilt. Uses the Starmaker 8 for ease and accuracy. (not included)
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Sale!

      For the month of October, if you place an order of $75 or more, your s/h will be absolutely FREE! This savings will be taken off at the time of processing, and applies to US residents only.

      For our foreign customers.
      Due to the cost of shipping out of the United States, we cannot extend the free shipping offer. We will however, subtract $5 off your s/h for any order totaling $75 or more. This will be done in the office at the time of processing.
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Come spend the day with Kaye!

      This seminar is filling up fast, make your reservation now!
      A brand new seminar is coming to the West Branch, MI area and you should attend!
      Now is your chance to meet and learn from quilting icon, Kaye Wood!

      Here's what you will learn at the Kaye Wood Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show.
      If you have attended a Kaye Wood seminar in the past, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the new quilts Kaye has made and designed since then. Visit us again and re-fresh your quilting techniques and learn all the new ideas Kaye will be sharing. Kaye's seminars are lots of fun and you'll be surprised when you learn, just how easy quilting can be! Her original techniques are guaranteed to bring you success and inspire creativity, with something to offer everyone! Get ready to laugh as Kaye shares some of the fun and crazy things that have happened to her, on the road to quilting success! Plus, Kaye will have her favorite quilts on display as she shows you step-by-step how to make them! The quilting process slowing you down? Watch Kaye demonstrate her techniques that will enhance accuracy and speed up the process of making your own quilts. Other techniques include; how to make perfect points on your hexagons and tumbling blocks. How to succeed in fussy cutting and making perfect fans, even if you're pointless! In the afternoon the fun continues as Kaye shows you ideas for octagon and hexagon Log Cabins, triangles, kaleidoscopes and much, more! Whether it be quick projects or full size quilts, get all the ideas you need to succeed! So gather your friends, call your guilds, and head to Northern Michigan for a fun day with Kaye!

      Tuesday, November 13, 2007
      10:30 am-2:30 pm
      West Branch, MI at the Forwards Conference Center.
      Ticket Price: $30.00
      (ticket price includes a soup and sandwich buffet)
      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293 or e-mail
      kathleen@...

      Big Announcement!

      The Early Bird Christmas Sale is coming!!!

      Hey everyone! After the popular response we've had in past years, it's back again! Our early bird Christmas sales running all of November! Now you can be ahead of the pack when it comes to getting great bargains! This year there will be even more special buys, more prize give-aways and a whole lot more fun! So make sure you're checking your newsletter each week, you don't want to miss out! Here's the details:

      We are now counting down to our early bird Christmas sale! This sale will take place throughout the whole month of November, so you still have time for a few projects before Christmas. Let me explain how it will work. On Friday, November 2nd, you will receive just a note, telling you the first item up for grabs in our early bird Christmas sale! Now don't panic, it's not a whole newsletter, just a small note telling you what's for sale and a little about it. You will have till the following Friday, to order this item at the sale price. Then on Tuesday, November 6th, you will receive our normal newsletter with it's specials. On Wednesday, November 7th, you will receive another quick note, letting you in on the next big sale item. This item will be available until the following Wednesday at that price. So let's recap these special days. Tuesday will be our regular newsletter, with it's usual great specials, that will run the way they always do. Then on Wednesday and Friday, you will receive a note of an additional sale item, that will run for only 1 week. Every week in November, you'll get a chance for 4 great sales! I can't tell you ahead of time what they will be, but I can tell you, there will be some great buys you won't want to miss out on and some new products you will want to see, so make sure you're checking them out! Plus, every Friday a subscriber will be drawn at random, to win either a $25 gift certificate, a Clover Mat and Rotary Cutter Set, a View & Do Shape Set or a Starmaker Master Template Set by Kaye Wood, valued at $85 apiece! Plus, we have other fun surprises in store for you! Great sales, great give aways, it just doesn't get any better than this! So don't delete those e-mails till you check out the sale item and get in the spirit of Christmas a little earlier!

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!
      22 different shows to choose from.
      There's a new show premiering on KayeWoodTV.com right now called the Rings That Bind!

      This is the easiest wedding ring quilt you will ever make! No tiny pieces, no curved seams, no binding and you quilt it block by block! Too good to be true? Not with the Rings That Bind by Cheryl Phillips! This book has step by step illustrations to guide you through it all and the Arc-Ease tool that goes with this book is included, FREE of charge! Go to KayeWoodTV.com and see just how easy this project really is!

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now, the show you know and love can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can access these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share?
      We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) When I get a bent, common pin that won't straighten out, I put it into a piece of packing foam. Shove it all the way down and it will stay in place, and you will get no stuck fingers when emptying your waste bin. Ruth M.

      2) If your thimble is a little too large for your finger, remove the thimble, lick your finger and put the thimble back on...your thimble will not fly off your finger again. Sheryl F.

      3) I keep all my little scraps of fabric together in a bag. When it gets full, I take it to our elementary school, and donate it to the art teacher. She is very appreciative of this little gift and the kids get to make lots of projects with them. Jennifer A.

      Show & Tell

      FYI: We had a little problem with our Show & Tell page crashing. We managed to recover the pictures, but not the beautiful stories that go with them. If you'd like to send your story or info again, go to the Show & Tell page, find your quilt and copy and paste it in an e-mail, along with your story and send it to Terrye. I tested this method out and it did work. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but we do want people to get their rightful recognition.

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;

       Did You Know?

      If you are thinking about displaying your quilt at one of the many quilt shows around the country, here are some thoughts you might want to consider before doing so.

      1) Is there insurance provided by the show, after the quilts arrive there?
      Smaller shows usually do not insure quilts, but the larger one normally do. Don't be afraid to inquire about this.

      2) Ask and expect that some kind of receipt will be given, after they receive your quilt. If possible, watch where they put it, to make sure it is in a clean, secure place to keep it.

      3) Will there be security on the premises? Quilts do not get up and walk themselves out the door, and they do disappear more then what you think. Is there going to be people at the exits, to keep an eye on things and check out people leaving if necessary?

      4) If there is insurance, how much will be allowed? We have covered this before. If you do not have your quilt appraised and proof of the appraisal with you, say a photocopy at least, you might not get very much back if your quilt is stolen or misplaced. So, if it is of value, you might really want to consider that appraisal.

      5) What kind of ID will be asked for when you go to pick up your quilt? Will your receipt be enough? Do you need your entry form, photo ID or maybe all three of these things? The more things they require, the less chance you have of someone walking off with your quilt.

      6) Check on procedures if they will be mailing your quilt back to you.

      Bottom line, you have spent all kinds of time and energy, carefully making your quilt, don't slack off when it comes to displaying it or entering it into a show! Ask the important questions and expect to get answers. If it is a responsible show, they will have the info you need and will not hesitate to share it with you.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premieres? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to know when a new show is airing!
      mailto:kathleen@...?subject=subscribe

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      Are you a list-a-holic? Don't worry, you're not alone!
      We have a new list, why not join today? What kind of list is it? It's an "update list" for the Deal of the Day page. When you sign up for this list, you'll get a short e-mail every time we update these fantastic deals. You won't have to remember to check the page, we do the remembering for you.
      Simply e-mail Terrye at
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=subscribe_DOD and we'll put you on the list!

      List your event

      Have a question or just want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      Another site to check out.

      Creative Homemaking..Dedicated to your homemaking needs!

      Recipes, cleaning tips, home decorating, crafts, organizing, budgeting and more! Sign up for our newsletter!

      www.creativehomemaking.com

      http://www.gerlinesquiltshoppe.com/

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008.
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!
      Ft. Lauderdale
      Panama
      Costa Mayo
      Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      Unsubscribe detail:
      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!