Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Oct. 2, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007

      RSS feed

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      October 3,2007

      Our Home Page

      Hey everyone! There has been some wonderful Indian Summer weather around Northern Michigan this past week! Now, I'm sure we've all heard the name Indian Summer, but have you ever wondered how it originated? I did, and I did a little investigating to try and find the source. What I found out, was that there was no exact time when Indian Summer started being used, in regards to weather. Some say it was referred to first in the late 1700's, others say the 1800's. The definition of Indian Summer also differs depending on the location of where it is happening. There were however some general ideas, they all seemed to agree on, that constituted Indian Summer weather. Here are a few of those comments.

      • Mostly clear skies with a local fog at night.
      • No precipitation.
      • Light winds and generally calm nights.
      • Previous hard frost.
      • Daytime temps between 65 and 72 degrees.
      • Nighttime temps between 35 and 48 degrees.
      • These conditions lasting for at least three days.

      Now if we go by these guidelines, then in fact, we haven't had Indian Summer yet, just some darn nice weather. But, I like to think of it as Indian Summer, so that's what I'm sticking to regardless! I hope you're all having a nice Indian Summer no matter where you are! Happy October and have a great week!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.

      Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***Don't forget to schedule your breast exam***

      Here is a fun poem a friend e-mailed me. When my Mom read it, she chuckled with delight, remembering all of the "fun" she had learning her computer! I hope you enjoy it!

      The Computer Swallowed Grandma!

      The computer swallowed grandma, yes, honestly it's true!
      She pressed "control" and "enter", and disappeared from view!
      It devoured her completely, the thought just makes me squirm.
      She must have caught a virus or been eaten by a worm.
      I've searched through the recycle bin, and files of every kind.
      I've even used the Internet, but nothing did I find.
      In desperation I asked Google, my searches to refine.
      The reply from him was negative, not a thing was found online!
      So if inside your "Inbox", my grandma you should see.
      Please copy, scan and paste her, and send her back to me!

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?

      Deeply discounted items for 1 day only, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the deal of the day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you just have to keep checking to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!

      Check This Out!

      Check out the latest pattern from Happy Apple Quilts called the Sunday Brunch Table Runner!

      If you'd like your table to be "dressed to impress", this brand new pattern called Sunday Brunch Table Runner by Karen Grof, is the answer! This beautiful quilt is perfect for any day you'd like your table to be a little more special! Easy enough for beginners up to the more advanced, you can make this 28 x 28 table runner in a weekend! With Karen's clear step by step instructions, (including binding tips) and illustrations, your quilt will look like an expert made it! Choose your colors to match any room, holiday or season, this would make a fantastic gift for a special friend or family member! As with all of our Check This Out items, this pattern is available for a limited time, so order yours today! Click the link for more info.

      New Sale!

      Get into the fall season with this wonderful Straw Wreath and Pinecones pattern! For the next two weeks, when you buy this pattern, you will get the stencil for the pinecones, FREE of charge!

      Now you can bring the outdoors in with this wonderful multi-colored straw/fabric wreath! Uniquely constructed, but ever so simple, pick out the brightest colors in your stash to brighten up any wall or door! Order now and we'll also send you the one of a kind stencil, to make the accent pinecones, absolutely FREE! Read on to find out about Joan Shay's fantastic technique!

      Whether you are a beginning quilter or an expert in appliqué, Joan Shay with her 3-D Appli-bond© technique, will allow you to add realistic, three-dimensional appliqué to your quilts. This technique allows you to create dimension, without turning any edges. This pattern comes complete with fabric requirements, paper templates, illustrated stitch sheet, and a list of all the items you need to make your project a success. Plus, when you buy this pattern, you will get FREE, the Petal Play Plastic Stencil that goes hand in hand with this pattern! Also suggested for your consideration, are the needles Joan Shay recommends. Each needle has 3 bayonette cutting edges and pierces the bonded fabric with ease. They are also helpful when doing the button-hole stitch on fusible applique. Joan promises, you won't be sorry you ordered them.

      New Monthly Sale!

      For the month of October, if you place an order of $75 or more, your s/h will be absolutely FREE! This savings will be taken off at the time of processing, and applies to US residents only.

      For our foreign customers.
      Due to the cost of shipping out of the United States, we cannot extend the free shipping offer. We will however, subtract $5 off your s/h for any order totaling $75 or more. This will be done in the office at the time of processing.

      Come spend the day with Kaye!

      A brand new seminar is coming to the West Branch, MI area and you should attend!
      Now is your chance to meet and learn from quilting icon, Kaye Wood!

      Here's what you will learn at the Kaye Wood Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show.
      If you have attended a Kaye Wood seminar in the past, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the new quilts Kaye has made and designed since then. Visit us again and re-fresh your quilting techniques and learn all the new ideas Kaye will be sharing. Kaye's seminars are lots of fun and you'll be surprised when you learn, just how easy quilting can be! Her original techniques are guaranteed to bring you success and inspire creativity, with something to offer everyone! Get ready to laugh as Kaye shares some of the fun and crazy things that have happened to her, on the road to quilting success! Plus, Kaye will have her favorite quilts on display as she shows you step-by-step how to make them! The quilting process slowing you down? Watch Kaye demonstrate her techniques that will enhance accuracy and speed up the process of making your own quilts. Other techniques include; how to make perfect points on your hexagons and tumbling blocks. How to succeed in fussy cutting and making perfect fans, even if you're pointless! In the afternoon the fun continues as Kaye shows you ideas for octagon and hexagon Log Cabins, triangles, kaleidoscopes and much, more! Whether it be quick projects or full size quilts, get all the ideas you need to succeed! So gather your friends, call your guilds, and head to Northern Michigan for a fun day with Kaye!

      Tuesday, November 13, 2007
      10:30 am-2:30 pm
      West Branch, MI at the Forwards Conference Center.
      Ticket Price: $30.00
      (ticket price includes a soup and sandwich buffet)
      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293 or e-mail

      Did you pay attention to the falling leaves last week?

      Martine from Ohio did and won herself a View & Do Diamond tool with an ABC Quilt pattern by Kaye Wood! Keep checking future newsletters for another chance to win!

      Help Us Out!

      It was just about a year ago, that we first started running streaming video, of the TV show Kaye's Quilting Friends. This has always been absolutely free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for your total viewing convenience. Well, now we'd like you to help us out. Send us a little message letting us know how you like this feature. Is there anything you'd like to see done differently? Is it great just the way it is? Now is the time to sound off! We love hearing your opinions and hope you take the time to let us know about this. Thanks for your help! Just click the link to send your comment.

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!
      22 different shows to choose from!
      We have a new show premiering on
      KayeWoodTV.com! Come and visit Cheryl Weiderspahn of Homestead Specialties and Kaye, as they make a great Pantry Purse with all the accessories to go with it!

      Grab those potholders and placemats from the kitchen! We've got a whole new use for them now! Join Cheryl and Kaye as they show you how to make a beautiful Pantry Purse with all the accessories you need, from these wonderful kitchen delights! Quick and inexpensive to make, your Pantry Purse instructions will also show you how to make items such as these; a checkbook cover, jewelry keeper, sewing kit, cosmetic bag, just to name a few! The Pantry Purse is the perfect gift for your family and friends that already have everything! So click the link and check out this new show available now!
      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now, the show you know and love can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can access these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share?
      We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      Show & Tell

      FYI: We had a little problem with our Show & Tell page crashing. We managed to recover the pictures, but not the beautiful stories that go with them. If you'd like to send your story or info again, go to the Show & Tell page, find your quilt and copy and paste it in an e-mail, along with your story and send it to Terrye. I tested this method out and it did work. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but we do want people to get their rightful recognition.

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers,
      just click the link.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;

      Other sites to see.

      Quilts by the Bay, who was chosen one of America's top 10 quilt shops by American Patchwork & Quilting, invites you to sign up for our weekly email newsletter! You will be wowed by the newest and most beautiful fabric collections, gorgeous fabric kits and our huge selection of Jim Shore statues. We offer unique ideas for quilters as well as a variety of great gift ideas!

      Useful Links

      Are you a list-a-holic? Don't worry, you're not alone!
      We have a new list, why not join today?
      What kind of list is it?
      It's an "update list" for the Deal of the Day page. When you sign up for this list, you'll get a short e-mail every time we update these fantastic deals. You won't have to remember to check the page, we do the remembering for you.
      Simply e-mail Terrye at

      and we'll put you on the list!
      Join the fun today, it works a lot better than a string around your finger!

      Do you love KayeWoodTV.com?
      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premieres? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to know when a new show is airing!

       Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      List your event

      Have a question or just want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008.

      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!
      • Ft. Lauderdale
      • Panama
      • Costa Mayo
      • Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      Or go to http://www.roundbobbin.com

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      Unsubscribe detail:
      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!