Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Sept. 25, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2007

      RSS feed

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      September 25,2007

      Hey everyone, happy fall! Since October is almost upon us, I'd like to remind all our readers that October is breast cancer awareness month. Please, please, please, schedule a check up. Early detection is a huge help in fighting this disease. So call now, while it's fresh on your mind and remind all of your friends and loved ones to do the same. Below are a couple of links for more information and products that support finding a cure. Check it out!

      American Cancer Society home page
      http://www.cancer.org/
      Pink Ribbon products for sale. Bracelets, socks, shirts, and more!
      http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Famous Quotes

      Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. Helen Keller
      There is nothing so strong or safe in an emergency of life as the simple truth. Charles Dickens
      Fashion passes, style remains. Coco Chanel
      When one door closes, another opens. However, we often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door, that we don't see the new one that has opened for us. Helen Keller
      Regrets are the natural property of grey hairs! Charles Dickens

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?

      Deeply discounted items for 1 day only, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the deal of the day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you just have to keep checking to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!

      Just in time for your fall/winter wardrobe, we have this great jacket from Elaine Waldschmitt called the Woodland Hooded Jacket!

      This must have classic by Elaine, is all the jacket you'll need for the cooler weather! You decide how warm it will keep you by the batting you choose! Loose fitting, with dropped shoulders, side seam pockets, zippered front and attached hood, this pattern fits sizes 6-24 easily! Minimal piecing allows you to quilt and construct this jacket in no time! Plus, you can see this jacket being made on KayeWoodTV.com right now! So make sure you check out this must have jacket of the season!

      Last week for this great sale!

      FREE DVD of this show when you buy the book!
      When you order Moondance 'n More by Beth Ferrier this week, you will receive a DVD of this episode absolutely FREE! This is a savings of $18 to you!

      Isn't it a marvelous night for a Moondance? In this beautiful book by Beth Ferrier, you will find directions for SIX sparkling quilts, that will add grace and charm to every room of your home! More than just a book of patterns, you'll be delighted by some of the sneakiest, piecing tricks you've ever seen, sprinkled liberally throughout the directions! Beautifully written, there are color and b/w photos to inspire and help you, along with paper templates for each pattern in the book! So check out the charm and beauty that accompanies every project Beth Ferrier creates and order your Moondance today! Don't forget, you will also get a free DVD of the show when you purchase this book!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      This monthly special is winding down!

      Buy any 1 of Kaye's patterns and get another for half price!
      Kaye has a total of 21 patterns now in her pattern line, but time is running out for you take advantage of her buy 1 get one half off, pattern sale. Now is a great time to get that pattern you've had your eye on! Here are a list of the patterns, but you can view a picture of them on our website!
      Stacking My Blocks
      ***Morning Glory***A-maze-ing***Spinning Diamonds***Windmill***Morning Star***Blazing Stars***Twirling Stars***Trees With Ease***Dimensional Diamonds***Diamonds in Motion***Hearts in Bloom***Pinwheel Hearts***Candy Corn***Four Patch Hearts***Drunkard's Path***Diamonds of Yellowstone***Springtime Hearts***Other Side of the Fence***ABC Blocks***Pineapple Play
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Come spend the day with Kaye!

      A brand new seminar is coming to the West Branch, MI area and you should attend!
      Now is your chance to meet and learn from quilting icon, Kaye Wood!

      Here's what you will learn at the Kaye Wood Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show.
      If you have attended a Kaye Wood seminar in the past, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the new quilts Kaye has made and designed since then. Visit us again and re-fresh your quilting techniques and learn all the new ideas Kaye will be sharing. Kaye's seminars are lots of fun and you'll be surprised when you learn, just how easy quilting can be! Her original techniques are guaranteed to bring you success and inspire creativity, with something to offer everyone! Get ready to laugh as Kaye shares some of the fun and crazy things that have happened to her, on the road to quilting success! Plus, Kaye will have her favorite quilts on display as she shows you step-by-step how to make them! The quilting process slowing you down? Watch Kaye demonstrate her techniques that will enhance accuracy and speed up the process of making your own quilts. Other techniques include; how to make perfect points on your hexagons and tumbling blocks. How to succeed in fussy cutting and making perfect fans, even if you're pointless! In the afternoon the fun continues as Kaye shows you ideas for octagon and hexagon Log Cabins, triangles, kaleidoscopes and much, more! Whether it be quick projects or full size quilts, get all the ideas you need to succeed! So gather your friends, call your guilds, and head to Northern Michigan for a fun day with Kaye!

      Tuesday, November 13, 2007
      10:30 am-2:30 pm
      West Branch, MI at the Forwards Conference Center.
      Ticket Price: $30.00
      (ticket price includes a soup and sandwich buffet)
      Reserve your spot by calling 1-800-248-5293 or e-mail
      kathleen@...

      Free Projects!

      Double 4 Patch table cover with Prairie Points by Kaye Wood!
      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/double_4_patch_tablecloth.pdf (download) or click:
      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/double_4_patch_tablecloth.html

      Free breast cancer pillow project!
      Once again, we're pleased to bring you this free pattern by Kaye Wood!
      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/breast_cancer_pillow.html

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!
      22 different shows to choose from!

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now, the show you know and love can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can access these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Come see Kaye at the American Sewing Expo in Novi, MI this weekend!

      Novi, MI is the hot spot this weekend for all of your quilting and sewing needs!
      Whether you attend one of her 3 seminars offered each day, or stop by the booth, make sure you catch up with Kaye!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      The Rock Financial Showplace at Novi, MI
      September 28 thru September 30, 2007
      3 seminars each day!
      248-889-3111
      http://www.AmericanSewingExpo.com

      Share With Us

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) I always sew my bindings on entirely with my sewing machine, as I don't enjoy hand sewing. To make them lie neat, tidy and flat around the corners and at the start end, I apply Wash Away Wonder Tape. It's a double stick, transparent tape, that is a 1/4" wide and can be found in the notion section of your local quilt/sewing store. You can easily sew through it if need be and it disappears after the first wash. I originally discovered this idea when I was sewing garments and used it when I inserted zippers. Now that I do more quilting, it's a staple I have on hand for all of my bindings. Rita S.

      2) Crochet "scrubbies" also work well on cleaning the cutting mats. It cleans up nicely. Mary Ann S.

      3) When making quilts for children or friends, I always add a "secret" pocket somewhere on the quilt. In the pocket I put little treasures or notes for them to find. The kids always have a great time trying to find their little gift and I can slip a new one in, each time I visit them. Friends love to read the words of encouragement, sayings or trinkets I leave for them! Sharen P.

      4) I used the spray basting for a quilt but did not get back to finish it for 2 years! When I pulled it out to quilt it, I found that there were yellow, oil spots on the white fabric. Of course, the colored/print fabric did not show the spots. Moral of the story, do not use chemicals on your quilts, if you cannot finish them promptly!

      Show & Tell

      FYI: We had a little problem with our Show & Tell page crashing. We managed to recover the pictures, but not the beautiful stories that go with them. If you'd like to send your story or info again, go to the Show & Tell page, find your quilt and copy and paste it in an e-mail, along with your story and send it to Terrye. I tested this method out and it did work. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but we do want people to get their rightful recognition.

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;

      Other sites to see.

      Last week our link didn't work for some readers, so here we offer again: Shabby Fabrics specializes in romantic, shabby chic, feminine fabrics, with an emphasis on floral prints,
      unique patterns and exclusive kits. Our beautiful website is easy to navigate and incorporates the highest level of
      security, so you can shop on-line at
      http://www.shabbyfabrics.com/ with confidence. We offer FREE shipping to the USA for all purchases totaling $100 or more. Kaye Wood readers can save 10% off their online purchase at http://www.shabbyfabrics.com by entering coupon code KAYEWOOD10 .This offer expires October 31, 2007. If you'd like to receive updates on new products, coupons or sales, please join our e-mail list by clicking this link. http://shabbyfabrics.com/contact/ Note that this information is held strictly confidential at Shabby Fabrics.

       Useful Links

      Are you a list-a-holic? Don't worry, you're not alone!
      We have a new list, why not join today?
      What kind of list is it?
      It's an "update list" for the Deal of the Day page. When you sign up for this list, you'll get a short e-mail every time we update these fantastic deals. You won't have to remember to check the page, we do the remembering for you.
      Simply e-mail Terrye at
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=subscribe_DOD  and we'll put you on the list!
      Join the fun today, it works a lot better than a string around your finger!

       Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      List your event

      Have a question or just want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      Do you want to be alerted every time we add or change something on our site?
      Go here
      http://www.google.com/alerts and enter http://www.kayewood.com
      You'll get notices right to your e-mail!

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008.

      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!
      • Ft. Lauderdale
      • Panama
      • Costa Mayo
      • Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      Unsubscribe detail:
      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!