Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Sept 4, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007

      RSS feed

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      September 4, 2007

      Hey everyone! I can't believe August is gone and school is now open and back in session! It was really odd driving to work and seeing the buses out and about again, the kids all waiting on the side of the road to be picked up! Of course, this also means fall is starting to make it's move here in Michigan. A lot of the leaves are still green, but their edges are tinted with the tell tale gold and red around the edges. The pumpkins are turning a beautiful orange and the corn in the fields are drying up and getting ready to harvest. My flowers and plants are still managing to hang in there though, so far that is! The nights are getting cooler and the mornings are damp with dew and mist, all classic signs of fall. This is fine with me as I am a big fan of the fall season. Now if someone could arrange this weather to stick around all winter too, I'd be eternally grateful! Have a great week!
      If you'd like to download this newsletter, just click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      I've Learned...
      I've learned that you can make someone's day by simply sending them a card.
      I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures.
      I've learned that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they're doing and wave back.
      I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.
      I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
      I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?

      Deeply discounted items for 1 day only, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the deal of the day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you just have to keep checking to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!

      The newly updated Wonder Wallet by our friend Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs!

      This newly updated pattern comes with lots of perks! You'll be surprised how much this awesome wallet can hold! It's loaded with pockets for all of your cards, coins and cash! Plus, Joan has added tons of tips and extra ideas that many fans of the Wonder Wallet have sent to her over the years! Just click the link to check this out!

      Brand new sale!

      For the next two weeks all of Kaye's tools will be at the lowest price of the year!

      Buy any Starmaker tool or any View & Do Shape, and we will take $5 off each individual tool you buy! That's right, now you can get the tools of the trade at a great discount!
      Set prices do not apply, discount taken off individual tool price. All discounts will be taken off at the time of processing.

      Now is a great time to order the tools that Kaye uses with all of her patterns, books and projects! Just read on to see what you can do with her Starmaker 5, 6 and 8!

      Use the Starmaker 5 to strip-piece 20 piece Dresden Plates, 5 piece fans/tumblers, 9 degree wedges with the 20 degree angle, 5 pointed stars, diamonds, wedges, and triangles with the 5 degree angle.
      Use the Starmaker 6 to strip-piece 12 pointed stars and diamonds, 6 pointed stars, diamonds and wedges, tumbling blocks and triangles.
      Use the Starmaker 8 to strip-piece 16 point Dresden Plates and 4 piece fans with the 16 degree angle, 8 pointed stars, diamonds, and wedges with the 8 degree angle, squares, rectangles, triangles, half-squares, wedges, and triangles with the 4 degree angle.

      These are the rulers you need to satisfy all of your quilting needs!

      Kaye's View & Do tools come in 5 popular shapes, a hexagon, octagon, circle, heart and diamond. Each shape has 4 removable pieces which allow you to make 2, 4, 6 and 8 inch sized pieces. Great for fussy cutting, each template allows you to view your fabric in a multitude of shapes and sizes! No guess work and no ripping out stitches, because you know how it will look before you cut it! Ideal for rotary cutting, you'll find yourself using your shapes in a multitude of ways from sewing and quilting, to scrap booking and many other crafts! So check your stock and see which shape or shapes you need to
      complete or start your set!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Special!

      Buy any 1 of Kaye's patterns and get another for half price!

      Kaye has a total of 21 patterns now in her pattern line! For the next month anytime you buy one, you can purchase another one for half price! It's a great time to get that pattern you've had your eye on! Here are a list of the patterns, but you can view a picture of them on our website!

      Stacking My Blocks***Morning Glory***A-maze-ing***Spinning Diamonds***Windmill***Morning Star***Blazing Stars***Twirling Stars***Trees With Ease***Dimensional Diamonds***Diamonds in Motion***Hearts in Bloom***Pinwheel Hearts***Candy Corn***Four Patch Hearts***Drunkard's Path***Diamonds of Yellowstone***Springtime Hearts***Other Side of the Fence***ABC Blocks***Pineapple Play

      There's a brand new show being featured on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Right now you can enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends and the show that featured the pattern Love Letters!

      This unique, lovely quilt is a hit with anyone at anytime! Let your imagination go as you picture the perfect fabric to make these 3D quilts for just about any occasion! How cute would it be for a baby or wedding shower? Use Christmas fabric and you could put all kinds of treats in the envelopes for the kids to find or keep your Christmas cards in. The possibilities are endless. Love Letters can be made in 3 different sizes, all included in this pattern, with full instructions and supply lists! Plus, don't forget, you can view this show anytime on KayeWoodTV.com! Just click the link to begin enjoying!
      http://www.kayewoodtv.com/ktv.html

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now, the show you know and love can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 15 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can access these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Come see Kaye at a FREE seminar in her hometown of West Branch, at the annual Quilt Walk!

      If you live close by or even if you don't, schedule your color tour around West Branch, MI and their annual Quilt Walk! Starting October 4th thru October 6th, West Branch is the quilting place to be! Come view the best quilting in the area in the lovely backdrop of beautiful, Victorian West Branch! Internationally known teacher and local resident, our own Kaye Wood, will provide free seminars on both the 4th and 5th, from 9-10 am, at the West Branch Public Library! Kaye will share her tips, tricks and techniques to make your quilting experience easier and more enjoyable! There will be ideas for lots of projects for the beginner up to the more advanced! For more information on this Quilt Walk, just click the link.
      http://www.wbacc.com

      Share With Us

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) I recommend this no-fail method of threading needles. Cut the end of your thread at a 45 degree angle. If you look at it under a microscope, you will see a sharp side point, which slides effortlessly (almost) into the hole of the needle. Barbara M., Lancaster, UK

      2) I bought 2 of those rubber doorstops and placed one under each edge of the back of my sewing machine. The doorstops elevated the back a bit and I was able to view the things I was sewing much easier. Pamela H., Paducah, KY

      3) I never throw away any piece of batting, no matter how small. During the holidays I make Christmas ornaments, stuffed animals, etc., and these pieces work great to stuff them with! Kristie R.

      4) I have found many stores that sell office supplies will take a book and put a spiral binding on it, pretty cheap! Makes it a lot easier to read your pattern, that's for sure! Angela P., Holiday, FL

      Show & Tell

      FYI: We had a little problem with our Show & Tell page crashing. We managed to recover the pictures, but not the beautiful stories that go with them. If you'd like to send your story or info again, go to the Show & Tell page, find your quilt and copy and paste it in an e-mail, along with your story and send it to Terrye. I tested this method out and it did work. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but we do want people to get their rightful recognition.

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;

      Other sites to see.

       Useful Links

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      List your event

      Have a question or just want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      Do you want to be alerted every time we add or change something on our site?
      Go here
      http://www.google.com/alerts and enter http://www.kayewood.com
      You'll get notices right to your e-mail!

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008.

      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!

      • Ft. Lauderdale
      • Panama
      • Costa Mayo
      • Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      Unsubscribe detail:
      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!