The Maid Learns To Quilt! Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2004
      The Maid Learns To Quilt! Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter.

      Search Our Online Catalog!:

      Kaye's Quilting and Sewing Online E-Newsletter

      July 27, 2004

      Every once in a while I come across a poem or story that tickles me and this is one of those cases. So read on and enjoy, I think you'll get a chuckle out of this too!

      Happy last week in July everyone! Is this summer flying by or what? Each Monday at least one person at work makes that comment.
      Download this newsletter
      Ode To A Quilting Wife From Her Husband

      She learned to quilt on Monday, her stitches were very fine. She forgot to thaw out dinner, so we went out to dine.
      She quilted miniatures on Tuesday, she says they are a must. They really were quite neat, but she forgot to dust.
      On Wednesday it was a sampler, she says the stipling's fun. What hi-lites, what shadows, but the laundry wasn't done.
      Her patches were on Thursday, green, yellow, blue and red. I guess she really was engrossed, she forgot to come to bed.
      It was wall hangings on Friday, in colors she adores. It never bothered her at all, the crumbs on all the floors.
      I found a maid on Saturday, now my week is complete. My wife can quilt the hours away, the house will still be neat.
      Well, it's Sunday already, I think I'm about to wilt. I yelled, I raved, I ranted, the MAID has learned to quilt!

      Author Unknown

      As we stated previously, throughout the rest of the summer our specials will be lasting two weeks. This ensures that people who are on vacation and busy with the summer, also have a crack at these great buys. So, I'm giving you a little leeway, but don't put it off for long.

      July 27-Aug 9

      Free Fantastic Fans Video!

      This is the all in one special and if you're into fans and wedges, I think you're going to love it! This week when you buy Kaye's Fantastic Fans and Wedge Designs Book, along with the Starmaker 5 Tool, we will give you the Fantastic Fans Video free of charge. That's right, buy the book and tool and get the companion video absolutely FREE. When you purchase this special, your savings will be $12.95 off the regular retail price... what a GREAT deal! Kaye's Fantastic Fans Book has 40 pages with 35 projects that are perfect for the beginner or intermediate quilter. Lots of color photos and diagrams, each chapter starts with the basic wedge shape, strip cut with the Starmaker 5, and then continues with its own specialized technique. Each project can be made on a larger or smaller scale simply by changing the width of the strip with charts included to help you do this easily. As with all of Kaye's books, this one is packed with hints and tips to make your quilting experience that much easier. Plus, you will get the companion video for free that will have Kaye herself showing you how and what to do! This is the total package, so don't miss out on this "fantastic fan" savings. You can check it out here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      July

      Quilt Like A Pro - $5.99

      This is the last week for the special on that classic, first book by Kaye Wood, Quilt Like A Pro. Don't be left out on purchasing this great book for only $5.99 plus s/h. This is Kaye Wood's complete guide to strip cutting and piecing. This manual encompasses hundreds of ideas using the Kaye Wood methods. Filled with handy techniques, it is great for beginners to learn and for the more advanced to brush up their skills. This book will not be reprinted and copies are getting limited. A definite must have for your Kaye Wood collection, so order now!

      Please don't be alarmed when the shopping cart doesn't seem to cooperate with the shipping. We will adjust the prices in the office.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Where in the World Is Kaye?

      All you people in the Lansing, MI area. This is your LAST chance to sign up for the big seminar featuring Kaye Wood, at the Gall Sewing Center. This event starts on July 29th. thru August 1st. Tickets for this are selling fast and you don't want to be the only one to have missed it, so sign up now! For further information on this event or to sign up, you can call this number:

      Gall Sewing & Vac***888-363-1911 or go to their website here:

      www.love2learnschools.com/

      If you'd like to see if Kaye is going to be in your area anytime soon, her teaching schedule has been updated. You can check for dates, events, etc. by clicking here:

      7/28 thru 8/1***Lansing, MI, Gall Sewing Center Seminar

      8/26 thru 8/29***Reno, NV, Quilt and Embroidery Expo

      9/15***Houghton Lake, MI, Seminar

      10/1 thru 10/3***Novi, MI, American Sewing Expo

      Did you know you can go cruising with Kaye Wood? Yes, you really can! They are taking bookings now for the, "Cruise the Caribbean with Kaye Wood", quilting cruise scheduled for May of 2005! For more information on this "funtastic" event, just click here: Cruise The Caribbean in May with Kaye

      Questions and Answers With Kaye

      Q: I have to travel on a long trip and wonder what is the best way to pack my fabric and quilts to keep them safe?

      K: The best rule of thumb is to let the fabric breathe. Don't pack tightly in plastic bags and such. If the fabric needs to be protected, put it inside pillowcases.

      Hello from Jennifer at http://thethriftyneedle.com your favorite online only quilt shop where you will find all the latest fabrics at prices well below retail. Just in from Moda....Hollywood and Vines, Paris Flea Market, Porch Swing, Bittersweet and Boo Bundles, Natures Splendor and soooo much more! Please stop in to find, books, patterns, notions, fabric and all below retail. Why pay retail when you don't have to? Sign up for my online newsletter and receive member only FREEBIES!

      My door is always open! Jennifer

      A great way to get in touch with other quilters to exchange ideas or just make a new friend, is through our message board. To post your message or to check out what other people are saying, just click on this link:
      http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      Don't forget if you need someone to contact you to put your e-mail address in with your message, otherwise they have no way to get in touch.

      Tidbits

      As usual, please feel free to contact Terrye if you're getting 2 newsletters or would like to change from html to text or vice versa. We'll be glad to help you in any way.

      Our events page has been updated! To check out what is and will be going on with our Kaye Wood, just click here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/events.html

      To check out other quilting and sewing sites, go to our link page. We have links to all different kinds of people, places and things. All you do is click here: http://www.kayewood.com/othersites.html

      We have a new page! Updated several times a week with articles about quilting and sewing straight from your hometown newspapers. If you'd like to check it out, click on the link here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/quiltarticles.html

      Check your PBS station to find out when Kaye's Quilting Friends is playing in your area! You can also contact them if it's not playing in your area. Just click on the link to find the PBS station near you.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      We care about what you think so if you see something you like, let us know. Don't like something? We even want to know about that. We try to be informative, creative and entertaining, but sometimes that's a tall order, so let us know. This week we're taking a little survey. We've been publishing quilting articles available in the newsletter, for a month now. Do you like this feature? Do you want to see it continued? Have no use for it? Have no thought one way or another? Let us know how you feel, we love to hear from you. You can contact us here:

      terrye@...

      Finale

      If you're one of Kaye's Quilting Friends, don't forget about the Kaye Wood Strip Quilting Seminar coming to Houghton Lake, Michigan, Wednesday, September 15, 2004. Join Kaye as she teaches her world renown quilting methods and techniques. Always entertaining and informative, this event will take place at the Comfort Suites in Houghton Lake, MI. The cost is $25 per person and a great lunch is included. Please contact us for more information or to reserve your spot.

      I guess that's all for this week. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all.......keep quilting! :-)

      Take Care,

      Joyce Horn

      Copyright 2004 Kaye Wood, Inc

      email: terrye@...

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of news, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click here.