Recharging Batteries! Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2004
      Summer is Here! Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter.
      Search Our Online Catalog!:

      Kaye's Free Quilting and Sewing Online E-Newsletter

      July 20, 2004

      I don't know about anyone else out there, but life is pretty hectic these days! Does anyone else feel like it starts earlier every day and lasts longer every night? Sleep? I don't think I've had much of that since my 20's. That's BJC of course. Before job and before child. Sometimes I think I need a rechargeable battery. Between work, (which I have a great boss and the best co-workers I've ever had) home, (which desperately needs cleaning) and my daughter, (who is an absolute joy but has more of a social life than I do) things can get pretty crazy! Calgon take me away!
      Oh well. On days like that I guess you just have to start counting blessings. When I laugh with my friends at work, I feel lucky to have a job and such good friends. When I'm relaxing at home, (even if it does need a little cleaning) I'm glad to just have a roof over my head. When I look into my daughters beautiful blue eyes or see her beautiful face as she sleeps, then I feel really blessed! I guess things aren't so bad after all!

      Quilt Like A Pro - $5.99

      You won't want to pass up this special! For the rest of July only, you can get the classic, first book by Kaye Wood, Quilt Like A Pro, for $5.99 plus s/h. This is Kaye Wood's complete guide to strip cutting and piecing. This manual encompasses hundreds of ideas using the Kaye Wood methods. Filled with handy techniques, it is great for beginners to learn and for the more advanced to brush up their skills. This book will not be reprinted and copies are getting limited. A definite must have for your Kaye Wood collection, so order now!

      July 13 - 26

      Weekly Special---Free Shipping For Orders Over $40 US Only.

      This is the second week of our 2 week sale and we're still kickin' it in with a bang! We love it, you love it, so here's another week of free shipping! For the next week when you place an order for $40 or more, we will ship it to you absolutely free! It doesn't matter what you buy or how much of it, your shipping will still be free. It's not very often you get an opportunity like this, so I urge you to check out your stock and see what you need because it's the perfect time to save some money!

      Please don't be alarmed when the shopping cart doesn't seem to cooperate with the shipping. We will adjust the prices in the office.

      Where in the World Is Kaye?

      Kaye's next event will be on July 28th. thru August 1st. At this time she will be teaching a seminar at the Gall Sewing Center in Lansing, MI. So, if you haven't signed up yet, I wouldn't wait much longer. Tickets for this event are selling fast and you don't want to miss out! For further information on this event or to sign up, you can call: Gall Sewing & Vac***888-363-1911 or go to their website here: www.love2learnschools.com/

      If you'd like to see if Kaye is going to be in your area anytime soon, her teaching schedule has been updated. You can check for dates, events, etc. by clicking here:

      7/28 thru 8/1***Lansing, MI, Gall Sewing Center Seminar

      8/26 thru 8/29***Reno, NV, Quilt and Embroidery Expo

      10/1 thru 10/3***Novi, MI, American Sewing Expo

      Did you know you can go cruising with Kaye Wood? Yes, you really can! They are taking bookings now for the, "Cruise the Caribbean with Kaye Wood", quilting cruise scheduled for May of 2005! For more information on this "funtastic" event, just click here: Cruise The Caribbean in May with Kaye

      Questions and Answers With Kaye

      Q: How do you piece batting together to make a long strip? Do you zigzag it together flat or use a seam?

      K: I think you should overlap and then zig zag. You could butt them together but the zig zag stitch may not catch both edges. It is best to overlap.

      At last... Find a new creative sewing 'home'. http://www.londas-sewing.com Everything you need for creative sewing can be found here...*Top quality Fashion Fabrics and hard-to-find Interfacings * Patterns from independent designers *Unique Notions *Londa's picks of the very best sewing Books. All offered with passion, individual attention, and creative suggestions from Londa - an avid seamstress, teacher and designer. Subscribe to Londa's Bi-weekly newsletter for nuggets of sewing wisdom, mini-lessons, and special promotions. Check out www.alondaoriginal.com for art-to-wear for your creative spirit.

      I apologize that I forgot to put the link to our message board last week. I'll post it for you again. Don't forget if you need someone to contact you to put your e-mail address in with your message, otherwise they have no way to get in touch. Just click on this link here: http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      As usual, please feel free to contact me if you're getting 2 newsletters or would like to change from html to text or vice versa. We'll be glad to help you in any way.

      Our events page has been updated! To check out what is and will be going on with our Kaye Wood, just click here:

      To check out other quilting and sewing sites, just go to our link page. We have links to all different kinds of people, places and things. All you do is click here: http://www.kayewood.com/othersites.html

      We have a new page! Updated several times a week with articles about quilting and sewing straight from your hometown newspapers. If you'd like to check it out, click on the link here: http://www.kayewood.com/quiltarticles.html

      Check your PBS station to find out when Kaye's Quilting Friends is playing in your area! You can also contact them if it's not playing in your area. Just click on the link to find the PBS station near you.

      A quick thank you to all of the people who let us know our server was up and down last week. This was due to upgrading our systems. Unfortunately, a necessary evil at times. We do thank you for your patience in this matter.

      Here's a little shout out to all you Michiganders! Kaye is coming with her strip quilting seminar to Houghton Lake!
      Wednesday, September 15, 2004 join Kaye as she teaches her world renown quilting methods and techniques. Always entertaining and informative, this event will take place at the Comfort Suites in Houghton Lake, MI. The cost is $25 per person and a great lunch is included. Please contact us for more information or to reserve your spot.
      I guess that's all for this week. From me and all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all.......keep quilting! :-)

      Take Care,

      Joyce Horn

      Copyright 2004 Kaye Wood, Inc

      email: terrye@...

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of news, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click here.