Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, July 31, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007

      ***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31st***Tuesday***July 31stv***Tuesday***July 31st

      Hey everyone! I hope your week is starting off well! Things are still beautiful here in northern Michigan. Usually by August, the grass is burnt to a crisp, flowers are barely hanging on and we're ready to melt into a puddle where we stand! So far, Mother Nature has been on our side. The temps have been awesome, with nice gentle breezes and plenty of sunshine. I've barely used my air conditioner and my flowers still look great! What more can you ask for at the end of July? Of course, I have noticed some trees and bushes are starting to get their fringes dipped in a cast of orange brown. Fall is definitely around the corner, so enjoy these last days of summer while you can!
      To download our newsletter, just click the link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Have you seen the brand new Deal of the Day?

      Deeply discounted items for 1 day only, that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the deal of the day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you just have to keep checking to see the great buys available. Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!

      Have you taken time to check out these great patterns? They will be available for only a little more time, so don't hesitate, order your favorites today!

      Rabbit Cove XYZ
      Simply Feathers Pack
      Diane's Garden
      Charm Flys!
      Reflections

      Last week for this great sale!

      Buy the Sassy Bag pattern by Lazy Girl Designs at regular price and get the DVD of that program for $4.99!

      If you are shopping, traveling or just prefer not to carry a big, bulky purse, the Sassy Bag is for you! Big enough to carry the essentials, small enough to lie firmly next to your body, the Sassy Bag is the perfect bag for the woman on the go! Say good-bye to the days of rummaging through your big bag to find your important items! This bag measures approximately 8" x 9" and has 2 inner pockets and one pocket on the back. Plenty big enough to hold what you need and then some! Use some funky, fun fabric and make a bunch for all the girls you know! It's perfect for school and play! Plus, it's quick and stylish, the perfect gift for anyone on your list! Also, buy this pattern now and you can get a DVD of this program for just an additional $4.99! This offer is good for just one more week, so order today!

      Brand new monthly special!

      Kaye Wood's Strip-Cut Quilts book for $12!

      Our new special is a fantastic book by Kaye Wood called, Strip-Cut Quilts! There is sooo much information in this book, I don't know where to begin! Strip-Cut Quilts is 96 pages big, with over 200 illustrations, 30 projects and 23 quilt block techniques! More than 30 color photos let you see how grand the projects truly are! This book is great for the beginner on up to the advanced quilter, with projects to suit every skill level. Enjoy a trip through the seasons with quilt patterns such as Glacier Ice, Spring Rain, Flying Gander and Rainbow Sherbert. Create a beautiful Christmas table runner or be swept away as Kokopelli Plays Again! Southwest Crossing and the Painted Desert patterns will transport you to the Southwest! Techniques include fussy cutting, tree borders, flying geese, topless triangles and much, much more! Tips include everything from fabric preparation, accurate cutting, measuring and pressing tips, to squaring up your blocks, borders, sashing and mitered corners. Strip-Cut Quilts uses Kaye's Starmaker 8 and has a paper template included, although we offer and recommend the acrylic version for greater accuracy and ease. This book normally retails for $19.95, but through the month of August you can purchase it for $12 plus the cost of s/h! That's a steal of a deal and the lowest price of the season for this book, that is a must have for anyone who loves Kaye's patterns and techniques!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
      Some projects from Strip-Cut Quilts.

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      This new show has just been added to the line up! Make sure you tune into KayeWoodTV.com and watch Kaye make this lovely Christmas Tree Skirt!

      Who knew that starting with just a hexagon, you could make a Christmas Tree Skirt as lovely as this? Kaye Wood that's who and now you can watch her do just that on KayeWoodTV.com! It's never too early to be thinking about the holiday season, and when a pattern is this easy and fun, you'll want to make one for all of your family and friends! So click the link, http://www.kayewoodtv.com/ktv.html and check out this new show right now!

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now, the show you know and love can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 15 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level! Furthermore, you can access these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Fun Phrases!

      Out of my mind, back in five minutes!
      Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.
      If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
      Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together!
      Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
      I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
      Send in your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We'd love to hear about it! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) An old friend told me this tip. When your rotary cutter blade has a nick, put two older blades on your cutter together! When you get a nick, it's not going to be in the same spot on both blades, you adjust that, and it really does work. Catherine, Seattle, WA

      2) Wooden chopsticks make a great stiletto, plus they're FREE at most Chinese restaurants. Just sharpen with a pencil sharpener when need to. Beth, Denver, CO

      3) When I get a new paper pattern, I laminate it and the instructions. That way I can use them over without worry of wear and tear. Clear contact paper also works great for this. Nancy, Silver Springs, MD

      4) I use a plate holder to hold my pattern or book. They come in all different sizes and work beautifully! No more hunching over a pattern for me! Judy, Aurora, IL

      The survey says...

      Here is something we haven't done in a long time, a fun survey question! I know how everyone loves to participate, so get your answers in, so we can include you in the results! Here is the question:

      Which is your favorite way to buy quilt supplies?
      A) Quilt shop or store
      B) Mail order-via internet or phone
      C) Quilt shows

      Just send your response of A, B or C to the address below and check your next newsletter for the results!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=surveyquestion

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008

      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!

      • Ft. Lauderdale
      • Panama
      • Costa Mayo
      • Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      Show & Tell

      Hey, if you like this feature in the newsletter, send us your photos! We know you have tons of projects you can't wait to show off, so send them in!

      This wall hanging quilt is for my daughter in-law and was put together with 6 1/2 inch white squares. We all wrote messages on them at the shower before the July wedding in 2006. I also added some photos of the event and embroidered around the photos. She loves purple so of course, that had to be the predominant color. She is a teacher, so the quilt went to show and tell at school and will be in a quilt show in July! Donna

      I really wanted to make something special for my nephew and his wife to celebrate their new arrival, and I had only two weekends before the baby shower! Yes, this is it Pat! This is a four patch quilt. The larger blocks are bears and B is for baby. The pink, yellow and blue plaid are the flannel blocks. The rest is 100% cotton. Thanks for letting me show it off! Ginger

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;

      Great Sites To Check Out!

      Looking for guidance through the turbulent waters of mid-life? Visit Beyond the Bend www.beyondthebend.com
      to see what other women are doing!

      Useful Links

      Kaye's all new blog.
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      Have a question or just want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at;

      Unsubscribe detail:
      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!

      http://kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/