Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, July 10, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2007

      Tuesday, July 10, 2007

      Hey everyone, as you probably guessed, we had a bit of technical difficulty last week with our site and the newsletter. We're making some changes and unfortunately, that doesn't always go very smooth. So....we are running last weeks letter again, in hopes that you have a better chance of taking advantage of these great deals and articles! So happy late 4th of July, we hope you had a great one!

      As you can see with the upcoming 4th of July holiday, we're feeling very patriotic! You're sure to see a lot of flags this week in parades, the yards of neighbors, even on cars! But do you know that everything thing about our flag has a meaning?Things like flags and seals were very symbolic back in the start of our country, and they were meant to have great significance. For example, the red stripes in our flag represent strength and valor. The white stripes signify innocence and purity. The blue band above the stripes represents justice, perseverance and vigilance. The stripes themselves are symbolic of the rays of light glowing from the sun. The stars serve as a symbol of the heavens and the goal of man, which is to have great ambition, reaching beyond tradition or history. So there you have it! The next time you see a flag, just think of all the knowledge you can pass on! Have a great and SAFE 4th of July!
      To download this newsletter, click the following link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Brand new on our site!

      Deal of the Day!
      Deeply discounted items for 1 day only that change twice a week! You never know what will show up for the deal of the day, but you can bet it will be a great bargain! No prior notice, you just have to keep checking to see the great buys available! Click the link for our current deal!
      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!

      Check out the Simply Feathers pattern pack from Golden Threads!

      For anyone who hand or machine quilts or has just wanted to try, the Simply Feathers pattern pack from Golden Threads is the way to go! Step into a world of fast and easy quilt designs that feature a continuous, quilting line. This allows an easy flow of stitching for both hand and machine quilters! Best of all, there are no markings on your quilt top to be concerned about! You create your own tear-away stencils, ensuring the right size and quantity that you will need, and you keep your original patterns intact for future projects! This pack includes 38 different designs and stitching diagrams are given on each page. Also included are 6 pages of creative ideas and directions and two different methods for making your borders fit! Plus for your convenience, there are several long, border designs for use on larger quilts. Now you too can create your own gorgeous trapunto or whole cloth projects! With Simply Feathers, it's that easy! This quilting pack is available for a short time, so click the link and order yours today!

      Brand new sale starts today!

      In the spirit of the 4th, we're having a red, white and blue sale, take a look!

      10% off when you spend $20 to $39.99! Just put coupon code RED in the special instructions!
      20% off when you spend $40.00 to $69.99! Just put coupon code WHITE in the special instructions!
      30% off when you spend $70.00 or more! Just put coupon code BLUE in the special instructions!

      FYI: All discounts will be taken off at the time of processing.

      So there you have it! You decide the savings by the amount of money you spend! It's a great time to purchase that higher priced item you've had your eye on, or pick up a bunch of the smaller things! Either way, now is the time to save! Don't forget to put your color code in the special instructions for your discount!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      New Monthly Sale!

      For the month of July we have two great offers for you! Right now when you buy Kaye Wood's Starmaker 5, you will receive her Windmill pattern to go with this tool, absolutely FREE! Also as an added bonus, you can see a demonstration of this pattern being made on KayeWoodTV.com right now, also for FREE!
      But that's not all! July is a double special month, because if you purchase Kaye Wood's Starmaker 6, you will also receive her Stacking My Blocks pattern to go with this tool, absolutely FREE! This demonstration is also appearing on KayeWoodTV.com right now!

      So let's review! Buy the Starmaker 5 or 6 and get the free pattern, plus the free demonstration of these shows! Buy 1 or both, this is a sale where you just can't lose! Only good through the month of July, so order today!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
      See the TV shows by clicking this link! http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv.html

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      It's Christmas in July at KayeWoodTV.com! Take a moment to log on and watch the Snowman Row Quilt being made by Carolyn Beam. You can view this television program right now on your computer! No need to download, just click and watch...it's that easy!

      KayeWoodTV.com

      Read on about this cute pattern, the Snowman Row Quilt!

      These are the cutest little guys around for the winter season! Snowmen, mittens and trees are sewn into vertical rows as opposed to the standard horizontal strips! If you start in July, you can make a bunch to adorn the walls of family and friends alike, because with this pattern, it couldn't be easier! Don't forget to watch the free demonstration on KayeWoodTV right now!
      FYI-Best viewed with a high speed connection!

      Don't miss out on the all new KayeWoodTV.com!

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer. The show you know and love can be accessed at the click of a mouse! You will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects, for every skill level! Furthermore, you pick the right time for you to watch! You can access Kaye's show anytime it is convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click the link and enjoy!

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!

      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!
      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008

      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you! Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!

      • Ft. Lauderdale
      • Panama
      • Costa Mayo
      • Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to http://www.roundbobbin.com

      Did You Know?

      Have you ever heard of a Blue Star Banner Quilt? This unique pattern has been around since WWI and has long been a part of wartime history in the U.S. People who first hung these banners, did it to show that they had family members in the service. This continued through WWI and WWII and in some recent wars. If you had someone in the military, a blue star was placed on a white background with a red border. If there were more than 1 person serving, stars were added one below the next on the banner. When a family member was killed in action, the blue star was sadly replaced with a gold star, or a small gold star was put on top of the blue one, so the blue still surrounded the gold. If you'd like more info about the Blue Star Banners, here is a link to the American Legion site, that will give you all the facts you need to know about this time honored tradition.
      http://www.legion.org/support/?section=
      sup_bluestar&subsection=bluebannerfact&content=bluebannerfact

      How nice it would be for our people serving around the world, to have a banner hanging in their families home. There are still organizations that continue today called Blue Star and Gold Star Mothers. The members volunteer in various ways to support our nations soldiers. If you'd like to help or contribute to one of these great organizations, here are two contact links.
      http://www.bluestarmothers.org/history.php or http://www.goldstarmoms.com/agsm/Home/

      If you would like a FREE copy of the Blue Star Banner Quilt pattern, here is a link provided by the American Legion.
      http://www.militarymoms.net/bsbquilt.html
      There are Federal laws that mandate the way you can make these banners, so please check the details before starting this project.

      Show & Tell

      Send us your project pictures and let us show your work off!
      Check out these beautiful projects from our readers! Thanks to all who share their pics and stories with us!

      This is a quilt I made for my granddaughter. I didn't want to buy another full length of fabric for the back and I had nine patch material left over, so I made a length of nine patch squares. Ann

      I finished a beautiful Victorian inspired twin sized quilt for my Mom, which I plan to give her for her birthday in June. I received the View and Do Heart set for Christmas, and finally got an opportunity to use it. I used the 4 inch heart and appliquéd it in order to make this design. This was also my first time doing an appliqué design, so I was surprised that it only took me 11 days to complete it. Trisha

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;
      We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them on in!

      Another great site to check out!

      Visit the Homemaker's Journal E-publications website, where you will find many fun and informative home and garden related e-books, tip sheets, articles. Sign up for the FREE Homemaker's Journal newsletter!
      http://www.homemakersjournal.com

      Useful Links

      Kaye's all new blog!
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      Have a question or just want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!

      http://kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/