Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Tues. June 26, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2007

      Tuesday, June 26, 2007

      Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great week! Things are just peachy keen with us KWI girls! Our weekend here was beautiful! I was sitting outside last night, just as the sun was fading to a glittery, golden orange in the western sky. The few clouds in the sky, looked like they had a golden halo around them, tucked up in that sky so blue! I closed my eyes, listening to the birds talking, the frogs croaking, feeling the breeze lightly blow against my face and thought, it just doesn't get much better than this! My moments of quiet like this are very few and far between, so I take them when I can and enjoy them well! Take a moment to step out from your hectic life. Smell the flowers, feel the breeze, listen to nature! It will rejuvenate you, I swear! Take care everyone.
      To download this newsletter, click the following link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      New on Our Site!

      Deal of the Day!

      At least twice a week, we'll be changing this. You never know what we'll discount today, or tomorrow, you'll just have to keep checking back! Deeply discounted items, for 1 day only - Click below!

      http://www.kayewood.com/deal_of_the_day.html

      Check This Out!

      Charm Flys by Me and My Sister Designs!

      Check out this wonderful, color pattern called Charm Flys! Charm Flys measures
      52 x 57 inches when finished and is so much fun and easy to do! With Barbara and Mary's easy to follow directions and lots of color diagrams throughout the pattern, your quilt will be a breeze! So pull out those fabrics you've been hanging onto, while waiting for the perfect pattern to showcase them. This is the one! Charm Flys is available for a limited time, so click the link and order today!

      Last week for this sale!

      FREE DVD of this show when you buy the book.
      This is the last week to get the FREE DVD when you order the book, Simple Chenille Quilts! This is a whopping savings of $18 to you, so there's no way you should pass this up!

      Combine faux chenille, raw-edge patchwork with simple and easy techniques and what do you get? The softest, fluffiest, cuddliest quilts imaginable! Pair up two trouble free techniques for an entirely new twist on these quick, easy and reversible quilts!

      • Stitch 10 texture filled projects including lap quilts, baby quilts and table runners.
      • Use the techniques to make appliqué motifs from raw-edge hearts to chenille vines.
      • Sew blocks together and you're done, no quilting required!

      Click the link and order today!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Monthly Sale

      FREE shipping on this fabulous book by Kaye Wood!
      Time is running out for you to get free s/h on Everyone Can Quilt! If you're a beginning quilter or a seasoned one who would like to sharpen their skills, this book is a must for your quilting library! With over 20 projects to go with every skill level, you will be making everything from pillows and table toppers to all different sizes of quilts! Plus, Kaye includes paper templates of her infamous Starmaker Master Templates, for you to trace or make these wonderful tools on your own! You know if it's by Kaye Wood, it will be the easiest, most "no problem" quilt construction you've ever tried! Plus, as a bonus, Kaye includes tons of witty stories and anecdotes about her life and travels throughout the quilting world! For any Kaye Wood fan, this book is a must! So order now, and save yourself that shipping and handling fee!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
      Some of the projects from Everyone Can Quilt!

      Share With Us

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) Hi, Another great use for the floss threader in Betsy's tip, is using it for threading the loopers on sergers. Jill M., Windsor, ON, Canada

      2) Hi Kaye! Here's my hint. It's so simple, that I wonder that I didn't think of it years ago! My sewing machine had an open area at the base of it, right above the ledge for all the stuff that helps to make the actual sewing machine platform raise and lower. My foot control kept slipping under that. I knew that my husband could cut a board to cover the space. I showed him what I wanted and he cut the board, stained and varnished it to match the cabinet, and screwed it on. My foot no longer wanders. It can go only as far as that piece of wood and no further. What a relief! Hope this hint helps someone! Diane B., Franklin, WI

      3) Hint #2 with the mirrors. Buy mirror squares at home improvement stores and duct tape them together, this is a great idea! Rohanda V., Maple Plain, MN

      4) Another hint: If you have done paper piecing and have trouble getting it torn off, use a strong tape or duct tape to help remove after the stitching. Rohanda V., Maple Plain, MN

      New shows added to KayeWoodTV.com!

      Log on now to see this new show by Kaye Wood featuring the Windmill Quilt Pattern. This pattern is perfect for a baby size quilt, all the way up to a king size bed quilt. Unlike your ordinary windmill quilts, with Kaye's simplified techniques and tools, it puts a whole new spin on the windmill and makes this project a breeze! Beginners will find it easy by adding sashing strips. For the more adventurous, go without the sashing. This project uses Kaye's Starmaker 5 tool to ensure accuracy. So if you're ready to watch something fun, fast and FAB-U-LOUS, check out the Windmill Quilt!
      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      Have you had a chance to check out the KayeWoodTV.com website? There you will find videos of Kaye Wood along with guests featuring projects on quilting, wearable art, home decor and so much more! This is an amazing site that allows you to view videos right on your computer! No need to download, just pick your video and watch it, it's that simple! Best of all, you can watch any video, any time and it's FREE! Isn't it time you checked it out?

      With updated formatting, new shows will be added to our KayeWoodTV.com site more frequently! If you would like an e-mail sent to you, when a new show is uploaded, just sign up! You can do this right from the KayeWoodTV.com page or send an e-mail to:
      kathleen@...?subject=subscribe_kwtv

      This day in history.....

      Here are some interesting facts about things going on around the world, this day in history, June 26th.

      June 26, 1284-The Pied Piper lures 130 children of Hamelin away! (Yes, it actually happened! Who knew?)
      1498-The first toothbrush was invented.
      1797-Charles Newbold patents the first cast iron plow. However, he can't sell it to farmers, because they fear the iron in the soil would be harmful.
      1870-The first section of the Atlantic City Boardwalk in New Jersey opens.
      1896-The first movie theater in the US opens, charging 10 cents for admission.
      1924-The Ziegfeld Follies open on Broadway.
      1934-Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Federal Credit Union Act, establishing Credit Unions.
      1936-The book Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was published.
      1958-Mackinac Straits Bridge in Michigan was dedicated.
      1990-Phoenix, AZ reaches an all time high with temps peaking at 122 degrees F.
      1994
      -Death Valley, California breaks this record, peaking at 126 degrees F.

      Show & Tell

      Send us your project pictures and let us show your work off!
      Check out these beautiful projects from our readers! Thanks to all who share their pics and stories with us!

      I live in Auckland, New Zealand and I started quilting 2 1/2 years ago. I completed a few small wallhangings and lap quilts during this time. This is my first full-size quilt, which I machine pieced, including the greetings on the back, and machine quilted it. I made it for my sister-in-law Gloria for her 70th birthday. Last year Gloria had a small heart attack, followed by lung cancer and we weren't sure what the outcome would be. Thankfully, she has recovered from both. The quilt was started when Gloria was recuperating in the hope that it would cheer her up and keep her warm at the same time. Sandy

      I made this quilt for the American Red Cross-Central Plains Region of Wichita, KS. I am a volunteer there. The squares were scanned from the 2006 Red Cross calendar. It was displayed at the Red Cross 125th Anniversary Banquet in November of 2006, in Wichita. Dolores

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts made by our readers, just click the link.
      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to this address;
      We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them on in!

      You know you're a quilter....

      • When you spend all day prewashing fabric for your quilt and it doesn't bother you, yet you won't do the every day laundry till someone complains they're out of clean underwear.
      • When every good thing you do is an excuse to reward yourself with a trip to the quilt store.
      • You tease your kids and tell them they are going to a quilt show, because they see it as a form of punishment.
      • You wonder to yourself why freezer paper is sold in a grocery store.
      • When you envision your kids room as your new sewing room when they leave, and they're only 12!

      A new quilting cruise is in the works!
      Join Kaye and the Roundbobbin group, for a fantastic Mother's Day Sew Fun Cruise!

      May 10th thru May 18th, 2008
      What better way to celebrate motherhood, than on a great cruise just for you!
      Pack a bag, grab your passport and set sail to these wonderful ports of call!

      • Ft. Lauderdale
      • Panama
      • Costa Mayo
      • Costa Rico

      For more info, call Bonnie at Cruise One!
      1-800-784-4480
      Or go to
      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      Useful Links

      Kaye's all new blog!
      It's all new and written totally by Kaye, just for you! Keep in touch with Kaye and find out what is going on in her life and the world of quilting.
      http://www.kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our brand new catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!

      1-800-248-5293, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 EST

      Unsubscribe details:
      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of new, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Blog, Online Videos, Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!

      http://kayes-quilting-friends.blogspot.com/