Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, March 21, 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2007
      As always, if you're getting this more than once, I need to know! Thanks for helping me keep this list clean!

      Kaye's Quilting Newsletter

      Wednesday, March 21, 2007

      Hey everyone! I hope your week is starting out wonderful!I can't believe that this is the first day of spring! Winter usually drags on and on for me and this year, I'm not sure why, it really went rather fast. Strange, huh? I attribute it to either another sign of my advancing age or a daughter that just gets busier and busier the older she gets! Probably a little of both. Anyway, I'm still really excited about spring. As usual, I found a fun little poem to share with you. I hope you enjoy it and enjoy your first day of spring!

      To download this newsletter, click the following link.
      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      March bustles in on windy feet
      And sweeps my doorstep and my street.
      She washes and cleans with pounding rains,
      Scrubbing the earth of winter stains.
      She shakes the grime from carpet green
      Till naught but fresh new blades are seen.
      Then, house in order, all neat as a pin,
      She ushers gentle springtime in.

      Author: Susan Reiner

      Check This Out!

      Just in time for spring, we have a wonderful pattern from Diane Kuck of Details by Diane! Check out her beautiful, 'stained glass' pansy quilt! Get the beauty of stained glass you love, without all the hassle. Diane achieves this look by fusing colorful pieces of fabric onto a black fabric background. Much less time consuming and really inexpensive, compared to using the bias leading. This pattern includes full-size traceables and easy to follow instructions, to achieve this beautiful, 'soft, stained glass' look! Wonderful for any room in your home you'd like to brighten up! So jump into spring and get your flowers started! This pattern is available for a limited time.

      A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars.

      What's On Sale?

      This week it's not what's on sale, but what's for free! Whenever you spend a total of $19.99 before your s/h, we will include in your order a free gift! Now I can't tell you what your gift will be, but I can give you the hint that it was written by Kaye Wood! Hmmm, no need to do anything to get this offer. We will automatically include your gift with any order of $19.99 or more! So check out your supply and place your order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      I count the stitches line by line, and watch the thread record the time.

      Monthly Sale!

      Buy any of Kaye's patterns in her pattern line and get 1 Pattern Tracing Fabric FREE!

      Kaye has a number of fabulous patterns now in her pattern line! When you order any of these patterns, you will receive 1 package of Pattern Tracing Fabric absolutely FREE! This is a savings value of $4!

      (Please note, only 1 package of PTF per order.)

      How does Pattern Tracing Fabric work? Draw the image on the PTF and sew it, right sides together with your fabric. Turn right sides out and applique the fabric to a backing with a blanket or blind hem stitch. Those turned over edges will not have the bulk or puckers they used to. Use it once and you'll want to use it on all of your appliqued items!

      No need to do anything special, we will add this bonus onto your order at the time of processing!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Love and memories we impart, to quilt the fabric of the heart.

      Share With Us!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them. Just e-mail it to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) When I do paper piecing, I use dryer sheets instead of paper. They are easier to work with and can be left after piecing for stabilization. Plus, you get a pleasant smell to your fabrics! Judy of Dallas, TX.

      2) I learned this from some ladies in our guild, as a way to restore old blocks or quilts. Just mix 1 gallon of water with 1 qt. of buttermilk. Add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and stir. Soak your quilt in the mixture and wash in mild detergent. Your colors will be as vibrant as they were in the beginning. Cindy, Savannah, GA

      3) To keep your thread 'in line' when sewing or doing applique, fold a fresh dryer sheet over your needle and thread, and pull them through. You'll be so glad when you have no tangles and none of those nasty, tiny little knots in your thread!Mildred from Philadelphia, PA

      4) When I have to wash my flannel fabric, I do it in a pillowcase. I just put it in the pillowcase and wash and dry as I normally would. It comes out beautiful, but without all the ends being a tangled mess when I'm done. Carrie, Silver Springs, MD

      May the colors of your life be bright and the threads in your life very strong.

      KAYEWOODTV.COM is here!

      New shows are being added to KAYEWOODTV.COM!

      Tell a friend, tell your guild, because KAYEWOODTV.COM is here! We are so happy to be able to bring this to all of our viewers! Read on for all of the info!

      We would like to invite you to sit back and enjoy the all new KAYEWOODTV.COM website. Here you will find exceptional TV programs, offering you a variety of quilting and sewing projects, for every skill level.
      Just click the link and watch Kaye's Quilting Friends show, streaming right from your computer! Programs are viewed best with a high speed connection.

      KAYEWOODTV.COM

      I only quilt on days that end in "Y".

      Show & Tell

      Here are more beautiful quilts for you to check out, from our readers! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      I was lucky to take a Rickey Timms quilting class and made this quilt. I purchased some of Rickey's hand dyed material to make it with.

      Carolyn

      I made this Redwork Santa wall hanging for my daughter for Christmas. I enjoyed the hand embroidery as well as the patchwork.

      Sharon

      This quilt I just finished & donated, to a young missionary couple. It is to be auctioned off to help fund them, with their next mission in Jan. I was pleased how well it turned out & they just loved it.

      Linda

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts submitted by our readers, click the link.

      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, you can mail a non-returnable picture, along with the story about your quilt, to the address below. 50 words or less please. Your other option is to e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below. We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in!

      I create the stitches line by line, and watch the thread record the time. My eyes were strong, my hands were true, and filled with love, made this for you.

      Upcoming Events

      Kaye's next stop is in Paducah, KY!

      AQS-Paducah, KY
      April 25-29, 07
      http://www.americanquilter.com

      Come Cruise the Mediterranean with Kaye in 2007!
      Join Kaye Wood and Sew Many Places, for a great Mediterranean quilting cruise!
      http://www.sewmanyplaces.com

      The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above, is under a quilt handmade with love!

      A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

      Kaye Wood, Inc.,
      PO Box 456, West Branch, MI 48661

      This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of news, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      West Branch, MI  48661

      Phone:  1_800_248_KAYE(5293)

      Website:  http://www.kayewood.com

      New: Watch Kaye's Quilting Friends on your computer! Just go to our home page.