Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, March 13, 2007
- If you're receiving this newsletter more than once, please, please, please let me know!
Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Hey everyone! A very happy "early" St. Patrick's Day to you all! Don't forget to wear your green on Saturday or you might find yourself the recipient of a wee, little, pinch! I was reading through some Irish blessings, so I could find a few words of wisdom to share on this special day. Here is one I think you'll enjoy. Have a great week!
May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours, where ever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world, with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons, bring the best to you and yours!
Check It Out!
If you love the timeless whimsey of sunbonnets and lawn dresses, Sunbonnet Garden is for you! Lose yourself in a time gone by with delightful sunbonnet appliques and dimensional flowers, guaranteed to warm your heart! This wonderful pattern includes instructions for a 39 x 37 quilt, but includes a bonus six additional sunbonnets for a larger quilt! Also included are detailed machine applique instructions, hints for stitching, full sized drawings and details for making the dimensional flower panels. A beautiful bright addition in any room, but how cute would it be for that little girl you love? Available for a limited time, order today!
What's On Sale?
New Sale-10 to 20% off
This is the last week for this fun sale!
1) Any order of $19.99 or less will get a 10% discount. Just use coupon code great!
2) Any order of $20 to $39.99 will get a 15% discount. Just use coupon code greater!
3) Any order of $40 or more will get a 20% discount. Just use coupon code greatest!
Just enter your discount code in the "special instruction" section of your order, and leave the rest to us. Your total will be adjusted in the office at the time of processing. Now of course there are a couple of exceptions. No clearance or sale items will be discounted. If you have a mixed order of sale and regular priced items, all regular priced items will be totaled and the discount will be applied to those items. This special does not apply to previous orders or items that are back-ordered. The code word must be entered to receive your discount. So there you have it. You pick the sale and we'll apply the discount. This sale is good for one more week, so order now!
Buy any of Kaye's patterns in her pattern line and get 1 Pattern Tracing Fabric FREE!
Kaye has 16 fabulous patterns now in her pattern line! When you order any of these patterns, you will receive 1 package of Pattern Tracing Fabric absolutely FREE! This is a savings value of $4! (Please note, only 1 package of PTF per order.)
How does Pattern Tracing Fabric work? Draw the image on the PTF and sew it, right sides together with your fabric. Turn right sides out and applique the fabric to a backing with a blanket or blindhem stitch. Those turned over edges will not have the bulk or puckers they used to. Use it once and you'll want to use it on all of your appliqued items!
No need to do anything special, we will add this bonus onto your order at the time of processing!
Share With Us!Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them. Just e-mail it to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!
1) I use a curved upholstery needle when I tie quilts with yard and have no problem pulling the yarn through. You can buy them on the notions wall at JoAnn's and I'm sure at other notion outlets, catalogs or on the net. I usually use the smaller, curved one and it works great! I take a stitch then go on to the next and do as many as the long piece of yarn will go. Then I clip between and tie. Then give the knots a "hair cut" so they all have the same length tails. Karol S.
2) Hi there, I enjoy your newsletter and all the info that comes along with it!! Just thought I'd send along my tip. Instead of tying some of my baby quilts, I set my sewing machine to stitch 1 single motif at a time and stitch it out in the corners of the blocks. I adjust the size to fit and I choose a motif that compliments the quilt. Fast and easy! Happy Quilting! Sylvia in Goffstown, N.H.
3) For the birds, I put my threads in a wire mesh suet feeder, and they pull them out as they want them. It's interesting to see what colorful nests they have made. Audrey N.
4) One way I know of removing bad odors from a room or house, is to put coffee grounds in a kettle of water, and boil until dry. You can even burn it a little. My brother was a city fireman and I was told they had to do this sometimes, if someone passed away in a house. We also put coffee grounds in the refrigerator to keep the frig sweet, along with the baking soda. I use this all the time and change the coffee grounds about every 3-4 months. It really works good for me. Diane
Another Irish Blessing
Wishing you a rainbow, for sunlight after showers. Miles and miles of Irish smiles, for golden happy hours. Shamrocks at your doorway, for luck and laughter too, and a host of friends that never ends, each day your whole life through!
KAYEWOODTV.COM is here!Tell a friend, tell your guild, because KAYEWOODTV.COM is here! We are so happy to be able to bring this to all of our viewers! Read on for all of the info!
We would like to invite you to sit back and enjoy the all new KAYEWOODTV.COM website. Here you will find exceptional TV programs, offering you a variety of quilting and sewing projects, for every skill level.
Just click the link and watch Kaye's Quilting Friends show, streaming right from your computer! Programs are viewed best with a high speed connection.
Show & TellHere are more beautiful quilts for you to check out, from our readers! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!
I made this for my nephew, who is serving his 2nd deployment in Iraq. He wanted a red, white and blue quilt. Each block has special meaning, with some sort of a star. The upper right is called Bars and Stars. This quilt took a blue ribbon in a quilt show in September.
This Sun Bonnet Sue quilt, is made out of material that was my mother's. When she died, I got the material back that I had given her after making clothes. It even has my maternity material in it. This first quilt is special, because of the memories with it.
If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts submitted by our readers, click the link.
http://www.kayewood.com/show_n_tell.htmlIf you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, you can mail a non-returnable picture, along with the story about your quilt, to the address below. 50 words or less please. Your other option is to e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below. We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in!
Kaye Wood, c/o Show & Tell
PO Box 456
West Branch, MI 48661
Yet Another Irish Blessing
May there always be work for your hands to do, may your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine on your windowpane, may a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you, may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you!Upcoming Events
Kaye's next stop is in Paducah, KY!
April 25-29, 07
Come Cruise the Mediterranean with Kaye in 2007!
Join Kaye Wood and Sew Many Places, for a great Mediterranean quilting cruise!
Check out Kaye's entire schedule by clicking the link.
Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
Our catalog is available online at anytime, 24/7! Convenient for you whenever you want to check things out!
Our Home Page
Well gang, I guess that's all for this week! Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way! From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all .......keep quilting!
Take Care, Joyce Horn
Mailing address and ordering info.
Kaye Wood, Inc.,
PO Box 456, West Branch, MI 48661
If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at:
(800)248-5293, Monday thru Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST
This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of news, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to: mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub
Terrye Kinch, Web Design and Internet Customer Service
Kaye’s Quilting Friends Quilting and Sewing Site!
PO Box 456
West Branch, MI 48661
New: Watch Kaye's Quilting Friends on your computer! Just go to our home page.
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.10/720 - Release Date: 3/12/2007 7:19 PM