Happy New Year From Kaye's Quilting Friends!

  • kincht
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter January 3, 2007

      I'm having some problems with the Yahoo list accepting my HTML messages, so I'm sending this in text. Hopefully we can get it worked out and you can continue to view your Kaye's Quilting Friends newsletter complete with all the cool pictures and images you're used to.

      As you know, we live in Northern Michigan and there wasn't one flake
      of snow for Christmas this year! A lot of people in Michigan are a
      bit upset because of our lack of snow and cold weather. I know for
      the resorts, it's really tough considering they are usually
      blanketed in that white stuff! But for your everyday girl like me,
      this winter weather couldn't be better! I've only scraped my windows
      once and I'm still wearing my fall jacket! Driving has been
      absolutely no problem and everyone in my family made it for the
      holidays, safe and sound and not snowed in at a hotel or airport.
      Yes, I rather like this winter weather. Of course you know, I
      probably just jinxed myself right? I'm sure I'll wake up in the
      morning with snow up to my bumpers and a wind chill of 20 below! Oh
      well, even if that does happen, it's been nice while it lasted!
      I don't want to get into the whole resolution or in my case, no
      resolution, New Year bit. I'm just going to run some words of advice
      I printed last year, that holds true for this year too. I know it's
      a little late, but you know, better late then never, right?

      RESOLUTIONS FOR AVOIDING MISERY
      Choose to love, rather than hate. ~ Choose to smile, rather than
      frown. ~ Choose to build, rather than destroy. ~ Choose to
      persevere, rather than quit. ~ Choose to praise, rather than gossip.
      ~ Choose to heal, rather than wound. ~ Choose to give, rather than
      take. ~ Choose to act, rather than delay. ~ Choose to forgive,
      rather than curse. ~ Choose to pray, rather than despair. Anonymous
      To all of our readers and viewers, may your life as you head into
      the New Year and 2007, be filled with joy, blessed with great health
      and overflowing with love! To you and all of yours, have a
      wonderful, safe, healthy and blessed New Year!
      From your friends at Kaye's Quilting Friends.

      Check It Out!
      Calling all cat lovers, we have Cats et al!
      -For all of you cat lovers, this "too cute" pattern from Margie
      Engel, will show where your heart is! Bright colored kitties come
      out to play on this 39"x26" wall quilt. This pattern comes with
      full size appliqué designs, ready for tracing directly on the
      fusible web and can be one or multi pieced as shown. Use organza or
      plastic for the fishbowl and you're in business! This pattern is
      great for beginning machine appliqué enthusiasts and can be
      completed very quickly. Cats et al is available for a limited time,
      so order yours today!
      -
      New Special
      We're putting on sale, all of the overstock patterns from
      our, "Check It Out" series! 1.99 shipping whether you buy one or all
      four! (prices adjusted in the office). This is the last time these
      patterns will be available to you and there are only a limited
      amount of them. Orders will be filled on a first come, first served
      basis. So don't stop to think about it, order them now while they
      last!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
      -
      Monthly Special
      -Are you ready to Stack-n-Whack? Well, Bethany Reynolds is just the
      one to show you how! What is the Stack-n-Whack method? It is an easy
      way to create blocks with unique kaleidoscope designs. Rather than
      finding and cutting each piece individually, a quilter can cut and
      layer a number of large rectangles to make a stack. This makes a set
      of identical pieces that will create the kaleidoscope effect for one
      block, when the stack is cut! Sound easy? With Bethany's step-by-
      step instructions, you'll be stacking-n-whacking in no time! This
      book includes ideas for selecting your fabric, full supply lists,
      along with complete directions and charts, to make the 12 quilt
      patterns in this book. The beautiful pictures will inspire any
      quilter, with patterns for all skill levels. Some of the techniques
      include butterflies, fans, flowers, optical illusions and many more!
      When you order this book, you can also purchase the Stack-n-Whack 45
      degree Triangle Tool for half price! This tool goes hand in hand
      with Bethany's Stack-n-Whackier book! Also, for this special only,
      when you order the book and tool, your s/h on these two items will
      be only $2.99! (US and Canada only - prices are adjusted in the
      office).That's a total savings of $11 on this package! So take out
      those quilting frustrations and stack-n-whack today!
      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
      Just a few of the beautiful quilts from the Stack-n-Whackier book.
      - - - - -
      Let's Hear It For Kaye Wood!
      -Kudos to you Kaye Wood! Kaye has just completed her 40th television
      series as hostess of Kaye's Quilting Friends! That's a remarkable
      520 fun and inspiring programs, Kaye has brought to all of us in the
      past 20 years! Being one of the longest running quilting shows in
      the US, Kaye prides herself on teaching quick and easy tips and
      techniques, that you can value for a lifetime! From beginner to
      expert, you will always find a useful tip on Kaye's Quilting
      Friends! Kaye's all new series will be available beginning February
      11th, 2007 on PBS stations throughout America! Check with your PBS
      station now to see if they air Kaye's Quilting Friends!
      -
      It's Here...It's Here...It's Here!!!
      Be the first on your block to enjoy the all new Kayewoodtv.com!
      We are so proud and excited to be able to bring this to our readers
      and viewers! Read on to find out more about Kayewoodtv.com!
      -
      We would like to invite you to sit back and enjoy the all new
      KayeWoodTV.com website. Here you will find exceptional TV programs
      offering you a wide variety of quilting and sewing projects for
      every skill level.
      Just click the link and watch these streaming shows right from your
      computer!
      www.KAYEWOODTV.com

      Programs are viewed best with a high speed connection.
      Happy New Year from Kaye Wood and Kayewoodtv.com!
      -
      Share With Us!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd
      like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to
      hear about them. Just e-mail it to me at the address below and it
      could find a place in our newsletter!
      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus
      1) About scissors on planes: The TSA has relaxed the requirement for
      no scissors. Scissors under 4" with rounded tips are permitted.
      Gingher's Pocket Scissors fit the category. I was on a flight home
      from Georgia, when a flight attendant said he'd have to take my
      scissors. I quoted the TSA ruling and he walked away. Nor did
      anyone else come ask for my scissors. I think the flight attendants
      may be the last to hear of any changes, because this one has been
      out for a year. You can go to the TSA website and download carryon
      information. Merry Christmas to all! Cecelia M., Edna, TX
      2) I have a hard time threading needles, especially the ones already
      in my machines. So when I have to, I put a tiny drop of Fray Check
      on my index finger. I pull about the last 1/4 inch of thread I'm
      using, through the Fray Check, while squeezing the thread between my
      thumb and index finger. It makes threading the needle a breeze.
      Kitte C.
      3) Now that my holiday projects are done and gone, I start a journal
      for the new year. I try to take an inventory of everything I have
      and list it in my journal. A little daunting I know, but that way
      I'm sure of what I have and how much of it. I list projects I still
      might be working on, projects I need to start and the supplies I
      need for it. Now I can refer to my inventory list to see if I have
      everything or have to purchase anything. As I use a certain item, I
      deduct it from my inventory, so it is always current. Yes, it takes
      a lot of work, but it is sooo worth it in the long run, and I'm
      never in the middle of a project and running out of something. It's
      a great way to keep track of my projects too! Joyce L., Westland, MI
      -
      Free Tip
      In a quilters best dream, all of our rows would be equal in length.
      But, we live in the real world. Rows may not be the same length and
      that's alright. Quilting is supposed to be fun and ripping out
      definitely is not! If you have to trim your strips, make sure you
      trim the top and bottom equal amounts. To help improve your skills,
      here are some check points to consider when you're having problems.
      1. Were the strips all cut the same width and cut accurately?
      2. Were the seam allowances all the same?
      3. Did you press without steam, from the right side of the fabric?
      Checking these things can save you a lot of time and one big
      headache!

      Show & Tell
      Here are more beautiful quilts for you to check out, from our
      readers! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and
      stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts submitted by our
      readers, click the link.
      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, you can
      mail a non-returnable picture, along with the story about your
      quilt, to the address below. 50 words or less please. Your other
      option is to e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail
      address below. We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send
      them in!
      -
      Upcoming Events
      These are some of the scheduled events for 2007. We will add more
      events and links as they become available.
      Attention: Quilters in the Prescott, Arizona area!
      Alright people, now is the time to start making plans to attend this
      fantastic seminar with Kaye Wood! Buddy up, share rides, whatever it
      takes, because you won't want to miss out on this fun day with Kaye!
      Tickets are selling fast, so make that call and reserve your seat,
      while there are still seats to get!
      Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show by Kaye Wood
      Elks Opera House-Prescott, AZ
      February 16, 2007
      For ticket prices and additional information call: 1-800-248-5293
      Kaye has added a new date to her event calendar and she's coming to
      your town! You won't want to miss the fun and excitement, as Kaye
      shows you how to "strip" the Kaye Wood way! Always informative,
      always entertaining, Kaye will have you in stitches with her
      lecture/demo! The date for the event is February 16, 2007 at the
      Elks Opera House in Prescott, Arizona! Space is limited, so get your
      group together and plan for a fun day with Kaye!
      ************************************
      Sewing Expo-Puyallup, WA
      March 1-4, 07
      http://www.sewexpo.com
      ************************************
      AQS-Paducah, KY
      April 25-29, 07
      http://www.americanquilter.com
      ************************************
      Come Cruise the Mediterranean with Kaye in 2007!
      Join Kaye Wood and Sew Many Places, for a great Mediterranean
      quilting cruise!
      http://www.sewmanyplaces.com
      -
      Our catalog is available online at anytime, 24/7! Convenient for you
      whenever you want to check things out!
      http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      Finale
      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week! Let us know if you need
      anything or if we can help you out in any way! From all of us at
      Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all .......keep
      quilting!
      Kaye Wood, Inc.,
      PO Box 456, West Branch , MI 48661
      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-
      free at:
      This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's
      Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive
      announcements of news, events and special promotions. To
      unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

      Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting and Sewing Site!
      Phone: 1_800_248_KAYE(5293)
      Website: http://www.kayewood.com

      New: Watch Kaye's Quilting Friends on your computer! Just go to our
      home page.