Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Nov 28, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2006

      Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***Tuesday, November 28th***

      Hey everyone! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was wonderful, even if it was a bit crazy. The house that seemed to be sooo big when I was a child, just seems to shrink more and more each year, with the new additions to our family. We always talk about trying something different or new, but we always end up doing the same thing, crowding into Mom and Dad's and making it work. Don't get me wrong, we step on more than a few toes in these close quarters, but I guess I can't imagine it any other way and nobody else can either.

      Here are some more quilt sayings for you to enjoy. I swear, some of these just crack me up!

      I feed my soul...by the stitches I sew

      I got a sewing machine for my husband! Good trade, huh?

      I love quilting and have plenty of material witnesses.

      If I stitch fast enough does it count as an aerobic exercise?

      LOST: Husband, dog, and sewing machine. Reward offered for sewing machine!

      My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide!

      My soul is fed with needle and thread.

      My Husband is a Human Pincushion!

      My husband said if I buy any more fabric he would leave me ---I'll miss him!

      Early Bird Sales!

      Hey everyone, I'm sorry to say, that our early bird sales are coming to an end! We've had a lot of fun with this, gave out some great prizes and great deals! We hope you enjoyed the savings and at least found a few bargains for yourself. Our last sale will be tomorrow November 29th and it will be available till the following Wednesday. After that, things go back to the way they were, with your normal newsletters.

      Now, it's time to announce our last prize from our sales. This will be for two people, as we have two prizes left. These two will each receive a Kaye Wood gift certificate valued at $25 apiece, to spend on products from our site!

      Drawn at random, let's give a big congratulations to, (drum roll) Carol V. of Utah and Sheila G. of California! They are our last winners during our early bird specials! A gift certificate valued at $25, will be mailed to them this week!

      New Sale!

      99 cent s/h on either or both of these patterns!

      Christmas Row from Colorado Quilt Designs and Angelsong from Margie Engel!

      Measuring 38" x 46", this delightful row quilt is perfect for the holidays! Featuring six different Rows of Christmas Joy, there is a Star Row with five Friendship Star blocks, a House & Tree Row, and a Santa Row with four Santas. These are followed by the Stocking Row, the Gingerbread Men Row and the Presents Row. Our sample quilt uses eight different print fabrics (2 golds, 2 blues, 2 reds & 2 greens) and you'll need 33 buttons for the Gingerbread Men and Santas. Bring some Christmas Joy into your home with this holiday row quilt!

      Simple Angel appliques make this new 24X30 banner quick but impressive. Stitching, embellishing and quilting are all done in one step. Make it today, and show it off tomorrow!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Last week for this monthly special!

      The month is almost gone and so is this special! For one more week, if you place an order of $75 or more, your s/h will be absolutely free! Remember, last week, so take advantage of it now!

      Free shipping to the US only.

      Share With Us!

      1) Last week at our bi monthly quilt gathering a friend of mine showed me how to use reinforcement labels. They are the small circle labels you use to repair three ring binder paper. Put the circle on the cross point of where you want to "square up" your blocks. Makes for an easy method of squaring up, instead of trying to find the lines you need. You have already "temporarily" marked them. Hope this helps a bit. Enjoy. Camille H., NJ

      2) Hello, I enjoy your newsletter and have many of your books. I have a pet peeve. When I am sewing at a retreat or at the community center, people throw broken needles and bent pins in the trash can. Would you like to be the garbage man picking up that bag and get stuck? I use old tic tac containers for old needles and pins and it closes tight and no one can get pricked by your old needles. Also, empty prescription bottles work great, and you don't have to worry about the lid coming off, because we all know how hard it is to get it open to get your pills out. Bethana

      3) Here's some good information I received, on how to calculate your thread costs. During the winter and just before the holidays, most of us get out our embroidery machines and get to work making and selling Christmas gifts. What we don't always do is figure out what our embroidery work actually costs us. So here are some thread facts just for you in time for the holidays.

      Mini King spools which are 1,100 yds can do approx. 200,000 stitches. If that spool costs you $6.00 and your design is 20,000 stitches, your cost is 60 cents for the thread.

      King spools are 5,500 yds and can sew approx 1,000,000 stitches. When doing lace designs, it pays to buy bigger spools. If you pay $15.00 for a king spool, your cost for the design with 20,000 stitches is 30 cents! That's half your mini spool price. It pays to buy in bulk. Sharon B., WA

      Show & Tell

      Here is another beautiful quilt for you to check out, that has been submitted by one of our readers! I absolutely love this part of the newsletter! One thing you can count on, is the story behind the quilts, is always as unique as the quilt itself! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      I made this King size quilt for my husband (Fred). He is very proud (as I am) of this accomplishment.

      Each of the stars are made of different colors of the same design fabric. Lorraine

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts submitted by our readers, click the link.

        If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, you can mail a non-returnable picture, along with the story about your quilt, to the address below. 50 words or less please. Your other option is to e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below. We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in!

        Kaye Wood, C/O Show & Tell

        Kaye will soon be in the studio to tape yet another series for Kaye's Quilting Friends. We'll keep you posted on the guests and shows to come, as we get the info.

        Upcoming Events

        These are some of the scheduled events for 2007. We will add more events and links as they become available.

        Quilting in the Desert, Phoenix, AZ 1/26/07

        Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show by Kaye, Prescott, AZ, 2-16-07, 800-246-5293

        Sewing Expo, Puyallup, WA, Mar 1-4, 07

        AQS, Paducah, KY, April 25-29, 07

        ************************************

        Attention: Quilters in the Prescott, Arizona area!

        Kaye has added a new date to her event calendar and she's coming to your town! You won't want to miss the fun and excitement, as Kaye shows you how to "strip" the Kaye Wood way! Always informative, always entertaining, Kaye will have you in stitches with her lecture/demo! The date for the event is February 16, 2007 at the Elks Opera House in Prescott, Arizona! Space is limited, so get your group together and plan for a fun day with Kaye!

        Call 1-800-248-5293 for additional information and prices!

        ************************************

        Come Cruise the Mediterranean with Kaye in 2007!

        Join Kaye Wood and Sew Many Places for a great Mediterranean quilting cruise!

        If the thought of quilting, cruising the Mediterranean and hanging with Kaye, sounds like a lot of fun, than you should get on board! Starting August 28, 2007, spend 13 glorious days on Carnival's brand new cruise ship, the Freedom, cruising the Mediterranean and visiting 10 different ports! This is the trip of a lifetime and you will be shocked how affordable it can be! Plus, the added bonus of honing your favorite craft, with Kaye Wood by your side, makes this trip even more memorable! You can request more information about this fabulous trip by calling toll free, 1-877-887-1188 or visiting the Sew Many Places web site at:

        http://www.sewmanyplaces.com

        List Your Event

        Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

        Are you missing the new segments of Kaye's Quilting Friends? Then you are missing out on all the new info and fun! Don't let this happen! Contact your PBS station and request that Kaye's Quilting Friends is on their schedule.

        http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

        Kaye Wood, Inc.,

        PO Box 456, West Branch , MI 48661

        West Branch, MI  48661

        Phone:  1_800_248_KAYE(5293)

        Website:  http://www.kayewood.com

        New: Watch Kaye's Quilting Friends on your computer! Just go to our home page.