Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Nov 21, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2006

      Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***Tuesday, November 21st***

      Well, Thanksgiving week is upon us and some of you may wonder why we even celebrate this holiday. To give thanks of course! But do you know how it became an official holiday? Here is some Thanksgiving history facts for you! Have a great week and a wonderful holiday to you and your families. Bless you all!

      We all know about the Pilgrims and the Indians and the first Thanksgiving. But who made it official and the holiday it is today? Well, several people wanted to have an official day, including George Washington, who proclaimed a National Day of Thanksgiving in 1789. Not all people were for the holiday though including President Thomas Jefferson. Finally, in 1863 President Lincoln proclaimed the last Thursday in November as a national day of Thanksgiving. Every President since Lincoln proclaimed the Thanksgiving holiday each year, because it falls on a different day every year. The only time it was different was in the years 1939, 40 and 41 when Franklin Roosevelt proclaimed it the third Thursday in November to lengthen the holiday shopping season. In 1941, Congress declared Thanksgiving as a national holiday and stated it was to be the fourth Thursday in November.

      FYI-For the upcoming holiday, the office will be closed on Thursday and Friday of this week so our employees can enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with their families. We will be open again on Monday, November 28th. You may still order or leave messages on our secure voice mail or via e-mail.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter1.pdf

      Early Bird Sales!

      There are a lot of people taking advantage of our early bird specials for November. Don't miss the boat, check them out, because there is definitely some great buys going on. Plus every Friday, a subscriber will be drawn at random, to win either a $25 gift certificate, a Sulky Thread Pack valued at $99, a Starmaker Master Template Set or a View & Do Shape Set by Kaye Wood, valued at $80 apiece!

      Free View & Do Shape Set Winner!

      Drawn at random, let's give a big congratulations to, (drum roll) C Kay W. of WA! She is the third winner of our weekly drawing, during our early bird specials. A View & Do Shape Set valued at $80, will be shipped to her this week! Make sure you check next week for another lucky winner, it could be you!

      There will be no sale on Friday, November 24th. due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

      Last week for this sale!

      This beautiful Seasonal Welcome Sign pattern by Elaine Waldschmitt!

      Greet guests in high fashion with this folk-art welcome sign, that features detachable options for each season. Easy to make, with fusible web applique and embellished with glitter, paints, or embroidery, this welcome sign is sure to brighten any home. Normally this pattern retails for $8, but for the next two weeks you can get it at the sale price of $6 plus s/h. Makes a wonderful gift to make for family and friends!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      This fantastic monthly special is running down!

      For the whole month of November, if you place an order of $75 or more, your s/h will be absolutely free! This is just for the month, so take advantage of it now!

      Free shipping to the US only.

      Read This!

      Alright people, we're getting low on our, "Show & Tell" pictures and "Share With Us" tips! You all really seem to like these two things in the newsletter, but if we don't get more feedback, we might have to discontinue them! So send in those tips, everyone has a tip! Send in those photos! We know you all have pictures of your quilts to share, so get them in!

      Here are some more beautiful quilts for you to check out, that have been submitted by our readers! I absolutely love this part of the newsletter! One thing you can count on, is the story behind the quilts, is always as unique as the quilt itself! Thank you ladies for submitting and sharing your quilts with us, I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

      This is a lap quilt that I quickly put together for the daughter of a friend who has Cystic Fibrosis and was in for yet another lengthy hospital stay on IV antibiotics. The rag edges give her something to "worry" when she needs a distraction from the needles and other unwelcome intrusions. It's done in her favorite colors for fall. I didn't have room to spread it out neatly (I have too many projects going on at once), so I know it looks very lumpy in this picture! Actually, it turned out rather well. Cindy

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts submitted by our readers, click the link.

      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, you can mail a non-returnable picture, along with the story about your quilt, to the address below. 50 words or less please. Your other option is to e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below. We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in!

      Kaye Wood, C/O Show & Tell

      Catch a new STREAMING VIDEO of Kaye's Quilting Friends, absolutely FREE!

      Last week to catch K1907, Kaye's Pinwheel Hearts!

      For all of you who love Kaye's Quilting Friends, and for all of you that haven't had the pleasure of watching this great PBS TV show, here is your chance. Now, you can watch an episode of Kaye's Quilting Friends television, right on your computer as streaming video! What is streaming video? You just click and watch, no need to download it to your computer and it is FREE of charge.

      This is available for a limited time, so don't miss it! Just click and watch right on your computer, you have to see it to believe it! To begin watching this fabulous program, click on the link.

      http://www.imageworksstreaming.com/k1907.html

      Program is viewed best with high speed connection. Dial up connection will work, but is slower.

      Send us an e-mail and let us know what you think of Kaye's Quilting Friends streaming video!

      mailto:kathleen@...?subject=streamingvideo

      Did You Know?

      Did you know we can ship your packages to anyone you choose? Well, we can and are happy to do it! Just include your separate, "ship to" name and address and we'll take care of the rest! A great way to get gifts to friends or loved ones who are far away!

      Quilt Sayings

      A lifetime's not too long to live as friends and a quilt is not too small to sew them in!

      A quilt is something you make to keep someone you love ... WARM!

      A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

      A creative mess is better than tidy idleness.

      A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels.

      A yard a day keeps the blues away.

      A fat quarter is not a body part

      Upcoming Events

      Prescott, Arizona

      2/16, 2007

      Attention: Quilters in the Prescott, Arizona area!

      Kaye has added a new date to her event calendar and she's coming to your town! You won't want to miss the fun and excitement, as Kaye shows you how to "strip" the Kaye Wood way! Always informative, always entertaining, Kaye will have you in stitches with her lecture/demo! The date for the event is February 16, 2007 at the Elks Opera House in Prescott, Arizona! Space is limited, so get your group together and plan for a fun day with Kaye!

      Call 1-800-248-5293 for additional information and prices!

      Come Cruise the Mediterranean with Kaye in 2007!

      Join Kaye Wood and Sew Many Places for a great Mediterranean quilting cruise!

      If the thought of quilting, cruising the Mediterranean and hanging with Kaye, sounds like a lot of fun, than you should get on board! Starting August 28, 2007, spend 13 glorious days on Carnival's brand new cruise ship, the Freedom, cruising the Mediterranean and visiting 10 different ports! This is the trip of a lifetime and you will be shocked how affordable it can be! Plus, the added bonus of honing your favorite craft, with Kaye Wood by your side, makes this trip even more memorable! You can request more information about this fabulous trip by calling toll free, 1-877-887-1188 or visiting the Sew Many Places web site at:

      http://www.sewmanyplaces.com

      List Your Event

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      Are you missing the new segments of Kaye's Quilting Friends? Then you are missing out on all the new info and fun! Don't let this happen! Contact your PBS station and request that Kaye's Quilting Friends is on their schedule.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      Kaye Wood, Inc.,

      PO Box 456, West Branch , MI 48661

      West Branch, MI  48661

      Phone:  1_800_248_KAYE(5293)

      Website:  http://www.kayewood.com

      New: Watch Kaye's Quilting Friends on your computer! Just go to our home page.