Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter. Oct 12, 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2004
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter.

      Search Our Online Catalog!:

      Kaye's Free Quilting and Sewing Online E-Newsletter

      October 12, 2004

      I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fall is definitely my time of the year! To be outside without the risk of sun burning, mosquito bites or sweating, goes a long way with me! I went on a walk with my daughter yesterday and my senses kicked into overdrive! I love the sound of the crunching leaves under my feet and nothing is more fun then a good old leaf pile fight with my daughter! I get the most remarkable pictures of her this time of the year, buried in all those leaves. The colors are such a vibrant display as they change from green to yellow, red, gold and the prettiest flame colored orange you've ever seen. The air is a little crisp and blows a little cool down your neck but a sweatshirt takes care of that. You can smell for miles the pungent smoke of people burning those same leaves that give me so much joy and do you remember how beautiful a full harvest moon is? It starts off so bright of an orange and yellow, it appears to glow as it rises in the sky slowly and looks so big and close to the ground, it feels like you could reach out and touch it! Not to mention hay rides, apple cider, caramel apples and funtastic Halloween, I just love Fall! Yep, you have to enjoy it while you can because it's gone ever so fast and Winter is knocking on the back door just waiting to be asked in. Maybe we can pretend we're not home?!

      Download This Newsletter!

      We said it before and we'll say it again, don't forget our specials are now running for 2 weeks at a time. This way, you have time to really check things out and don't have to rush your order in. So relax, take your time, you now have 2 weeks!

      Oct 6-19

      This is the last week of our special on the "Pieces of Eight" book with the View & Do Octagon shape and free candy corn pattern.

      Does candy corn bring back sweet memories for you of days gone by? What would you say if I could give you candy corn that has no calories, no carbs and is totally approved by the FDA? Are you curious yet? Well, we've got a sweet deal for you this week with our new bi-weekly special!

      You'll be right on target with Kaye's, "Pieces of Eight" book featuring her 8-Sided Bull's-eyes and Fray-Away Appliqué quilts! This book has 16 pages and is packed with 19 different projects! It has complete how-to instructions with color illustrations, tips on accurate centering and layering, perfect mitered bindings along with projects for the pointless people! If you don't care for the raw edge look, not to worry as Kaye features two other finishing options to take care of those edges. Also featured is Kaye's View & Do Octagon shape. With this shape you can easily make 2", 4", 6" and 8" octagons. They come nested one inside the other and remove very easily. Made of hard plastic, these shapes are suitable for rotary cutting. Not only does work with the projects in this book, but you will find them useful for scrap booking and many other crafts! For the next two weeks, you can get these both for $19.95. That's $5 off our retail price and with a deal as good as this, to fray or not to fray, will be your only question!

      So now you're probably wondering where the candy corn fits in. Well, when you buy "Pieces of Eight" along with the Octagon shape, both for $19.95, we will also send you the pattern for Kaye's candy corn quilt free. This quilt was featured on program K1701. We also have the video or DVD of that show available to order.

      So buy the book and tool at a discounted price and get a sweet treat when we also send you the candy corn pattern for no extra charge.

      October

      Many people have already taken advantage of our monthly special, so make sure you check it out!

      All right people, it's time to drag out those scraps, check out those fleece and flannels and think gifts. Now how about quick and easy gifts? It's October and we're talking cold, we're talking Christmas, we're talking a mere two months away. Now is the time to plan if you haven't started already and we're here to help. For the month of October we're featuring the "6 Hour Quilt" book, the Ragtime Quilt pattern and the Square Knot Quilt pattern. Why these you might ask? They make great gifts and are quick and easy to do. Whether you make a couch quilt, lap quilt, kids quilt, etc., these patterns are going to make it a whole lot easier. You can choose 1 pattern or choose them all, for this month only, your shipping will be 99 cents! Add a video or DVD of the show which featured these patterns and your shipping will still be 99 cents. So let the creative juices flow and give the gift of love, people love to get. With these patterns, you'll still have time to bake those cookies!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      What's New...

      Did you know that Kaye Wood has released a new pattern? This unique 3D design is a pattern anyone can do, called Stacking My Blocks and we think you're going to love it! Stacking My Blocks is an interesting quilt made from dark, medium and light fabrics that Kaye has once again simplified with the cutting and sewing. Strip sets are cut into topless triangles using the Starmaker 6 Master Template and then sewn into rows and joined together. Mitered borders and mitered binding directions are included along with fabric requirements for wall hangings, twin, queen or king sized bed quilts. In no time at all, you too will be " stacking your blocks" and wondering why you ever thought it was difficult. Order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/onlinecat/p201.html

      Kaye's new book, "Everyone Can Quilt", is really becoming the must have item for any Kaye Wood book collector! Just released, this book is a huge 144 pages with over 20 projects for beginners to advanced quilters. 75 color photos and over 300 illustrations, easily take you through each step.

      Projects range from simple starter projects such as placemats and pot holders to more advanced works such as quilts and wall hangings. You will learn the basics of creating a rail fence, pinwheel, 9-patch, star patterns, and much more. Includes paper templates and charts for each project, you can't go wrong. Retails for $22.99 plus s/h, be the first in your group to get this latest book by Kaye Wood, order today.

      You really need to check out our new online catalog! It's so much easier to navigate with convenient thumbnail pictures to click on, you can read it on the web or download it to your computer. Check it out here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/onlinecat/catpage1.html

      Kaye's going to Kansas City, Kansas City here she comes! Remember that song variation? Sure enough, Kaye leaves on Tuesday, October 12th., for Kansas City, KS. The Original Sewing and Quilt Expo will run from Thursday, October 14th. thru Sunday, October 17th. Kaye and Lori will be at booth #429, so make sure you stop by and chat. For additional information on this event, you can call this number, 1-800-699-6309 or just click on the link below.
      www.sewingexpo.com

      Here is a listing of some upcoming events Kaye will be attending.

      Houston, TX, International Quilt Market---10/29/04 thru 11/1/04
      1-713-781-6864
      www.quilts.com

      Minneapolis, MN, Original Sewing and Quilt Expo---11/11/04 thru 11/13/04
      www.sewingexpo.com

      Phoenix, AZ, Phoenix Craft/Sewing Festival---1/20/05 thru 1/22/05
      Call 1-800-71RUSTY
      http://www.craftandsewingfestival.com

      Denver, CO, Denver Creative Festival---1/27/05 thru 1/30/05
      Call 1-541-245-1296
      http://www.creativefestival.com

      To check out the rest of Kaye's teaching schedule, just click the link below.
      www.kayewood.com/teachingschedule.html

      As some of you already know, we have a new message board. The same great people, same great place to post things, but a little bit different then the one you have always used in the past, so Terrye has given me a tip to pass on.

      At the topright of the message board is a link that says: "View posts since last visit". Clicking on this link should make it easier for you to keep track of where you are and what you've already read.

      As with anything when it is new, it might seem to be a little strange at first but I promise, within a month, you'll be a pro getting around it. Here is the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forums

      Chuckles with Kaye

      During a consumer show, the vendor in the next booth was doing a demonstration. A gentleman watched for quite a while, then asked, "Do you really need to know anything to be able to do this?"
      Unsure of how to answer, she said, "Not really. It is pretty easy."

      "Good. I'll be back in a minute." He hurried down the aisle yelling, "Helen I found something you can do."

      Other Great Links

      PBS stations across the U.S. are showing Kaye's Quilting Friends. If it's not available in your area or to check out viewing times, just click the link below.
      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder relocalize.html

      Hailing all Direct TV, Dish Network and cable subscribers. Did you know Kaye's Quilting Friends is on BYU TV? To check out program times, just click the link below.
      http://www.byutv.org/

      Did you know you can quilt and cruise at the same time? Well, you can and you can do it with Kaye Wood too! They are taking bookings now for the, "Cruise the Caribbean with Kaye Wood", quilting cruise. Scheduled to leave the dock in May of 2005, it's never too early to make your plans. For more information, just click here:
      Cruise The Caribbean in May with Kaye

      Check out our Quilting Dictionary! Filled with terms and definitions to help you understand your quilting world.
      http://www.kayewood.com/definitions.html

      To check out quilting and sewing events all over the U.S. just click the link below.
      http://www.kayewood.com/events.html
      Let us announce your quilting and sewing events! If you have an event you'd like to put on our event page, just e-mail Terrye at the link below.
      terrye@...?subject=events

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week! Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way! From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all .......keep quilting! :-)

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      email: terrye@...

      Copyright 2004 Kaye Wood, Inc

      email: terrye@...

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of news, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click here.