Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter, Aug 8, 2006

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2006
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Tuesday, August 8th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***Tuesday, August 8th***

      Hey everyone! I hope your week is starting off good! You know, I was thinking as I wrote this newsletter, about all the different quilters we come in contact with everyday. Between the phone, internet and Kaye doing shows, we actually get to talk and meet, a good many of you. Quilters come from all different walks of life. From down south, out west, up north and eastward, quilting really has no boundaries, but can bring so many people together. But not just people, genuinely nice and caring people. We hear about your great deeds all of the time. The people you help and the lives that you touch, just by quilting. So, we'd like to take a moment to thank all of you. For being faithful readers, faithful viewers and overall, just great people! We really appreciate you all and hope you keep up the good work, and keep spreading the good word, about quilting and quilters in general. Thank you!

      Here's another great pattern for you to check out this week, from our friend Joan Shay of the Petal Play Company! The Nantucket Hydrangea Basket is a full size pattern that will make a 27 x 30 size quilt. Whether you are a beginning quilter or an expert in appliqué, Joan with her 3-D Appli-bond© technique, will allow you to add exciting, realistic, three-dimensional appliqué to your quilts. This technique allows you to create dimension, without turning any edges. Comes complete with fabric requirements, paper templates and a list of all the items you need, to make your project a success. When bonded the Petal Play way, these quilts can go into the washer and dryer and will not lose their shape or curl. It might be the end of summer, but it's not to late to get into gardening! Minus the backache and weeds of course! This pattern is available for a limited time, so order today!

      New Special

      Kaye's Annual DVD and VHS sale is here!

      Have you ever seen an episode of Kaye's Quilting Friends and wish you could see it again? Have you liked a technique but wish you had that show to refer to? Have you ever wished you had Kaye Wood in your home to teach you? Well, now is your chance! For the next two weeks, you can buy any DVD or VHS copy of Kaye's Quilting Friends TV show, for $12 plus s/h! This is a savings of $6 off the regular retail price for this item! Each tape is an exact replica of the show you saw on PBS! Not sure which episode you want? Just go to our home page and enter DVD or VHS, in the search box, it will bring up all the episodes of Kaye's Quilting Friends, plus a description of each show and what pattern, book or tool was used! This is a great chance to complete or start your very own Kaye Wood video library! So check that inventory, check it twice, and order all your Kaye's Quilting Friends television shows now, before time runs out!

      Buy any of Kaye's patterns in her pattern line and get 1 Pattern Tracing Fabric FREE!

      Kaye has 13 fabulous patterns now in her pattern line! When you order any of these patterns, you will receive 1 package of Pattern Tracing Fabric absolutely FREE! (Please note, only 1 package of Pattern Tracing Fabric per order.)

      How does Pattern Tracing Fabric work? Draw the image on the Pattern Tracing Fabric and sew it, right sides together with your fabric. Turn right sides out and applique the fabric to a backing with a blanket or blindhem stitch. Those turned over edges will not have the bulk or puckers they used to. Use it once and you'll want to use it on all of your appliquéed items!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      To check out all of Kaye's quilt patterns available, just click the link!

      http://www.kayewood.com/ebooks.html

      Quilting For A Great Cause

      Announcing something brand new, quilters are doing to help support breast cancer research. On September 30th, quilt shops across America will be holding a Quilt Pink Day! On this day quilters of all skill levels, from novices to veterans, will come together at participating quilt shops, to construct pink and white quilt blocks and piece them together. The shops will then send the finished quilts to American Patchwork & Quilting for photography and an online auction set for May 2007! Net proceeds from the auction will be presented to the Susan G. Komen Foundation the following October. Plus, selected quilts will be showcased in a soft-cover book, due for publication in the fall of 2007. To help publicize the event and bring in the quilters, participating shops will receive a package of promotional materials. Also, the Meredith Corporation, publisher of American Patchwork & Quilting, is showcasing Quilt Pink Day nationally in ads and editorial content in multiple magazines and e-newsletters, as well as through http://www.quiltpink.com. The cut off date for registration was June 1st, but they will still welcome any other shops that want to participate. Just send an e-mail to mailto:quiltpink@... or call 515-284-3575 for more information. Visit http://www.quiltpink.com for a list of participating shops, event sponsors and other Quilt Pink Day info.

      The Survey Says...

      Hey everyone, here's something we haven't done in a while, a fun survey! We love to do these and it's always fun to get a little more insight on our quilters.

      Q: How many hours a week, do you estimate, you spend on your quilting projects?

      Click the link to respond and thanks for participating. Results will be in next weeks letter.

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=survey

      Share With Us!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to hear about them. Just e-mail it to me at the address below and it could find a place in our newsletter!

      1) I find a lint roller helpful in removing loose threads and pieces of paper left when quilting with the gold paper. Works for me...BJ

      2) I am a hand quilter and that finger underneath gets pretty sore. I found the perfect solution for me, it's called W'nder Thimble. It's a blue plastic thimble that is soft and flexible. It took some getting used to, but now I can quilt all afternoon, (when I get that rare pleasure) without having any problems with that finger underneath. I purchased it at a local quilt shop. There is also a web site, www.quilterslittlehelper.com. Ruth

      joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      Free Project!

      Here is a new, free project for you! Check it out here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/trip.html

      Show & Tell

      Our first two quilts are just awesome! Kathleen tells us of how she has made them for important couples in her life! I think Kathleen is a very romantic soul, to do two such special quilts for the people she loves! They will truly treasure them for years to come! Thanks for sharing them with us Kathleen!

      I'm sending pictures of two quilts that I've recently made. The first is a variation of the traditional log cabin quilt. I made this for the wedding of my brother and his wife. They were boyfriend and girlfriend when he was 16 and she was 14. The broke up and went their own ways to marry and have 2 sons each. Then after each was divorced, they met again after 34 years, fell in love, and just recently got married. They had to have a special quilt!

      The second quilt is for the wedding of my nephew and his wife. They are having a destination wedding in St. Lucia. When they look at the quilt, I want them to be reminded of the beauty of the Caribbean. This is a variation of the Zip It quilt. I just love the batiks! Kathleen

      Our next quilt is definitely a feast for the eyes with it's wonderful colors and patterns! How breathtaking would this be on any wall?! I'm sure your friends appreciate your kind and thoughtful gesture Kit, and I hope things are going better for them. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

      US Air Force friends of mine recently moved to Mississippi into a newly built home. Hurricane Katrina almost completely destroyed it. I hoped to help them rebuild their lives with this small token of support: quilt wall hanging in bright, bold colors that screamed their names. I'm happy to say they loved it. Kit

      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, you can mail a non-returnable picture, along with the story about your quilt, to the address below. 50 words or less please. Your other option is to e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below. We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in!

      Kaye Wood, C/O Show & Tell

      terrye@...?subject="show_n_tell"

      To check out more of our readers wonderful quilts, just click the link!

      Come Cruise the Mediterranean with Kaye in 2007!

      Join Kaye Wood and Sew Many Places for a great Mediterranean quilting cruise!

      If the thought of quilting, cruising the Mediterranean and hanging with Kaye, sounds like a lot of fun, than you should get on board! Starting August 28, 2007, spend 13 glorious days on Carnival's brand new cruise ship, the Freedom, cruising the Mediterranean and visiting 10 different ports! Your ship will leave from Rome, Italy and take you to explore other Italian ports such as: Tuscany, Florence, Pisa and Liverno. From there you head to Greece to explore the wonderful sites of Athens and Katakolon. Next, you head to Turkey where you will check out the exotic ports of Istanbul and Izmer. Heading back towards Rome, you will stop again in Greece to the port at Rhodes. From there it's Naples, Italy and once again, Rome. Just think of all the famous landmarks, filled with history, you can visit and explore. Imagine you, standing in the Vatican, seeing the Sistine Chapel or getting a picture of the Leaning Tower of Pisa! This is the trip of a lifetime and you will be shocked how affordable it can be! Plus, the added bonus of honing your favorite craft, with Kaye Wood by your side, makes this trip even more memorable! You can request more information about this fabulous trip by calling toll free, 1-877-887-1188 or visiting the Sew Many Places web site at:

      http://www.sewmanyplaces.com

      Coming Soon!

      Be looking for 2 new patterns in the Kaye Wood pattern line. Coming to you this month, we'll keep you informed.

      Kaye's Quilting Friends TV Show

      Kaye has just wrapped up another taping session of Kaye's Quilting Friends and we think you're going to love it! The first show is due to air on August 13, 2006 and you won't want to miss it! Come meet some of Kaye's "new" Quilting Friends, or just reacquaint yourself with some old ones. Either way, we guarantee lots of new patterns, books and techniques, you're sure to love! Contact your PBS station, to make sure Kaye's Quilting Friends is on their schedule!

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      PCM - Sew, Quilt & Embroidery Festival

      Reno, NV

      8/18 thru 8/20, 2006

      Call 775-856-3224 or e-mail http://www.pcmexpo.com

      Wisconsin Quilt Expo

      Presented by Wisconsin Public Television, Friends of WHA TV and Sewing With Nancy!

      Madison, WI

      9/14 thru 9/16, 2006

      http://www.wiquiltexpo.com

      American Sewing Expo

      Novi, MI

      9/29 thru 10/1, 2006

      Call 248-889-3111 or e-mail http://www.americansewingexpo.com/

      Quilter's Retreat

      Hillman, MI-Thunder Bay Resort

      11/15, 2006

      Call 800-729-9375 or e-mail http://www.quilterretreat.com

      Ad Swap

      Thethriftyneedle.com is your online source for all things quilting. The latest collections from Modal and much more are featured and are always priced well below retail. Hop onto our website at http://www.thethriftyneedle.com and experience for yourself what online shopping should be. Our shipping is FAST and our customer service UNSURPASSED. Sign up for our newsletter and be rewarded with member only FREEBIES.

      List Your Event

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      Kaye Wood, Inc.,

      PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661