Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, June 27, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2006
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, June 27, 2006

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***Tuesday, June 27th***v

      Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing fine. As you can see, I'm gearing up for the big 4th of July celebration coming our way. Amidst the barbecues, fireworks and celebrations, I hope you find the time to say a prayer for the men and women, who help protect our rights and freedom. Without these people who have and do sacrifice themselves, who knows where our country would be? Reflect on how hard our forefathers worked to secure the basic freedoms we take for granted everyday. Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

      For a limited time only, check out this great fat quarter purse pattern.

      Here is another great pattern, brought to you by the great Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs. If you need a purse that's functional, yet so very much in style, you need to check out the Towne Purse! This purse is made from your fat quarters and it has everything you would ever need in a purse! With a finished size of 14" x 8 1/2", this purse is big enough to hold all of your necessary items, without breaking your arm! The inside has 9 convenient pockets to hold it all, from your cell phone and sunglasses, to pens or change purse, you choose! Any standard zipper will work and using Joan's trademark, "No Fear" technique for putting in zippers, the process will be a breeze! This project is quick and easy and leaves room for you to personalize or embellish your purse! Plus, there is a bonus project included, for the left over pieces of fabric from making your purse! This pattern is available for only a limited time, so check it out and order today!

      Last week of this great special!

      Special shipping charges on Quilted Art Vases!

      Step out of the box, and into the wonderful world of 3D fabric sculptures, with Quilted Art Vases by Fran Morgan, from the Fabric Cafe! Break out of the conventional way of thinking when it comes to quilting, and look at it as a whole different art form. Fran has easy to follow instructions that take you step-by-step through the assembly of these beautiful works of art. Amazing color illustrations help for easy assembly and all fabric requirements and patterns are included! So break out of the ordinary, and go to EXTRAORDINARY, order Quilted Art Vases today!

      Hint: When you buy this book, you automatically qualify for the free monthly special!

      99 cents shipping for the Quilted Art Vases book-US residents.

      $1.99 shipping for the Quilted Art Vases book-Canadian residents.

      Overseas customers, actual s/h.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Beautiful projects featured in Quilted Art Vases!

      Monthly Special!

      Last week for this monthly special!

      For the month of June only, when you spend $12, (not including s/h) we will give you FREE, Kaye's Stardust Quilt booklet. This pattern is total Log Cabin Diamonds that can be strip pieced and combined into tumbling blocks, 6 pointed stars, hexagons or a full size quilt. Originally retails for $8, you can get this classic, one of the first patterns by Kaye Wood, free with any order of $12 or more. This value is good for the whole month and is a must have for your Kaye Wood collection, so order today. This item will be added onto your order at the time of processing.

      The Survey Says...

      Hey everyone, it's time for another fun survey! We love to do these and it's always fun to get a little more insight on our quilters.

      This is a two part question.

      1) At what age did you learn to quilt?

      2) Have you passed your love of quilting on to anyone else?

      Click the link to respond and thanks for participating. Results will be in next week's letter.

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=survey

      Show & Tell

      These gorgeous quilts are brought to us by Arlene P. Arlene seems to enjoy quilting best, when she's giving them as gifts or donating them to a worthy cause! If they are as beautiful as these, I'm sure the people receiving them, will cherish them for years to come! Thank you for sharing them with us Arlene!

      Since I've retired I really enjoy working on quilts. It keeps my mind & body busy. These are 2 that I've decided to keep for myself. I usually give them as gifts & donate children's to the Binky organization here in Baltimore.

      To check out more of our readers wonderful quilts, just click the link!

      If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, you can mail a non-returnable picture, along with the story about your quilt, to the address below. 50 words or less please. Your other option is to e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below. We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send them in!

      Kaye Wood, C/O Show & Tell

      terrye@...?subject="show_n_tell"

      Free Project!

      In case you missed it last week, here's another chance to pick up this free project called the Yankee Puzzle

      Just click on the link and it will take you to a totally free pattern from Kaye!

      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/yankeepuzzle.html

      More free patterns and projects here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/freeprojects.html

      Upcoming Events

      Come Cruise the Mediterranean with Kaye in 2007!

      Join Kaye Wood and Sew Many Places for a great Mediterranean quilting cruise!

      If the thought of quilting, cruising the Mediterranean and hanging with Kaye, sounds like a lot of fun, than you should get on board! Starting August 28, 2007, spend 13 glorious days on Carnival's brand new cruise ship, the Freedom, cruising the Mediterranean and visiting 10 different ports! Your ship will leave from Rome, Italy and take you to explore other Italian ports such as: Tuscany, Florence, Pisa and Liverno. From there you head to Greece to explore the wonderful sites of Athens and Katakolon. Next, you head to Turkey where you will check out the exotic ports of Istanbul and Izmer. Heading back towards Rome, you will stop again in Greece to the port at Rhodes. From there it's Naples, Italy and once again, Rome. Just think of all the famous landmarks, filled with history, you can visit and explore. Imagine you, standing in the Vatican, seeing the Sistine Chapel or getting a picture of the Leaning Tower of Pisa! This is the trip of a lifetime and you will be shocked how affordable it can be! Plus, the added bonus of honing your favorite craft, with Kaye Wood by your side, makes this trip even more memorable! You can request more information about this fabulous trip by calling toll free, 1-877-887-1188 or visiting the Sew Many Places web site at:

      http://www.sewmanyplaces.com

      Kaye's Quilting Friends TV Show

      Kaye has just wrapped up another taping session of Kaye's Quilting Friends and we think you're going to love it! The first show is due to air on August 13, 2006 and you won't want to miss it! Come meet some of Kaye's "new" Quilting Friends, or just reacquaint yourself with some old ones. Either way, we guarantee lots of new patterns, books and techniques, you're sure to love! Contact your PBS station, to make sure Kaye's Quilting Friends is on their schedule!

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      PCM - Premiere Sew, Quilt & Embroidery Festival

      Saratoga Springs, NY

      7/7 thru 7/9, 2006

      Call 775-856-3224 or e-mail http://www.pcmexpo.com

      PCM - Sew, Quilt & Embroidery Festival

      Reno, NV

      8/18 thru 8/20, 2006

      Call 775-856-3224 or e-mail http://www.pcmexpo.com/

      List Your Event

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      Kaye Wood, Inc.,

      PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661