Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, June 7, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2006
      Kaye's Quilting Friends, Wednesday, June 7, 2006

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th.***Wednesday, June 7th .***Wednesday, June 7th.***

      Hey everyone! We're coming off a fabulous weekend here in West Branch! The weather could not have been more perfect! There is no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon, then planting flowers and barbecuing! Throw in a couple of crazy brothers and their families, and it's almost a party! The dog days of summer are ahead of us, so I'll enjoy this milder weather while I can!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      Check This Out!

      If you have a house like mine, you have old jeans sitting around. Maybe there's a hole in the knee, or they're out of style, or they just don't fit like they used to. For whatever reason, most of us have them. The thing is what do you do with them? Well, if you're like Luveta Nickels from the Junk Jeans People, you recycle, recycle, recycle! Just in time for those cooler nights of summer, we have the Upside-Down Jacket pattern, made entirely from your old jeans! This pattern whips those old jeans into a stunning jacket or vest so easily, you'll wonder why you didn't think of it! One or two piece construction methods to choose from, and a multitude of sizes from S-32" bust to XLG-47" bust. Includes step-by-step instructions and full size pattern pieces for 3 views and 4 sizes! So, don't get rid of those old jeans, recycle them, into a great Upside-Down Jacket today! Click the link for more info.

      Since diamonds have been so popular lately, that's our theme for the specials. For the next two weeks, when you purchase Kaye's View & Do Diamond Shape, you can pick up any of the corresponding patterns for half price! Already have the diamond shape? Then you can buy one diamond pattern and get another for half price! Any way you look at it, diamonds have never been so affordable, so order today!

      Special #1

      Buy this shape and get any of the corresponding diamond patterns below for half price!

      Special #2

      Already have the diamond shape? Then buy 1 pattern at full price and get another at half price!

      New Monthly Special!

      For the month of June only, when you spend $12, (not including s/h) we will give you FREE, Kaye's Stardust Quilt booklet. This pattern is total Log Cabin Diamonds that can be strip pieced and combined into tumbling blocks, 6 pointed stars, hexagons or a full size quilt. Originally retails for $8, you can get this classic, one of the first patterns by Kaye Wood, free with any order of $12 or more. This value is good for the whole month, and is a must have for your Kaye Wood collection, so order today.

      The Survey Says...

      Hey everyone, here's something we haven't done in a while, a fun survey! We love to do these and it's always fun to get a little more insight on our quilters.

      Q: Would you rather create your own pattern and color combinations or have a pattern to go by?

      Click the link to respond and thanks for participating. Results will be in next weeks letter.

      Show & Tell

      Check out the wonderful quilt Helen and her granddaughters, Emma and Danna, made for their new baby sister Drew! Not only is Helen spending loads of quality time with her grandkids, but she's planting the seed that inspires them to get into quilting! It's a beautiful baby quilt Helen and I love the personal touches your granddaughters added! Thanks for sharing with us!

      My granddaughters are just learning to sew. So what could be easier than a rail fence quilt for their new baby sister, born March 19th. They decorated the back with fabric markers. This is sure to be a treasure for baby Drew Amelia as well as for her older sisters Emma and Danna. Helen

      Our next quilt is a beautiful Court House Steps quilt from Mildred M. Just look how her wonderful choice of colors make the design stand out! Beautiful job Mildred, thanks for sharing it with us!

      This Court House Steps quilt was created on an 18" square of backing and batting. I started in the center with the 5" block. Mildred M.

      To check out more of our readers wonderful quilts, just click the link!

      If you'd like to submit your quilt for our Show & Tell page, read on!

      We now have a page to feature your favorite quilts called Show & Tell! Just snail mail or e-mail us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less of the story behind your quilt. Each week we will feature a different one in our newsletter! Don't miss out on the chance to, "toot your own horn" a little bit! You can send us your letters to the address below, or e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below.

      Kaye Wood

      C/O Show & Tell

      PCM - Premiere Sew, Quilt & Embroidery Festival

      Saratoga Springs, NY

      7/7 thru 7/9, 2006

      Call 775-856-3224 or e-mail http://www.pcmexpo.com

      PCM - Sew, Quilt & Embroidery Festival

      Reno, NV

      8/18 thru 8/20, 2006

      Call 775-856-3224 or e-mail http://www.pcmexpo.com/

      Quilt Expo

      Madison, WI

      9/14 thru 9/16, 2006

      American Sewing Expo

      Novi, MI

      9/29 thru 10/1, 2006

      List Your Event

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      Newsletter Swap!

      Would you like to the chance to expand your newsletter coverage? Get it out to more people? Well, swap newsletters with us! Just click the link to contact Terrye, if you are interested.

      Kaye Wood, Inc.,

      PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661