Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, April 11, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2006
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Tuesday, April 11th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***Tuesday, April 11th.***

      Sun and Sunflowers! 2 of my favorite things this time of year. Yeah, I know it's only mid April and I know it will still snow, but this time of year everything is so fresh, so renewed and as usual, I jumped the gun and cleaned out the pool. Of course I enlisted the willing help of my 8 year old twin granddaughters. What fun we had! Water fights, splashing, getting totally wet, then jumping on the trampoline to dry off and warm up, then back inside to a cup of hot cocoa! Shhhhhh! Don't tell their mother!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Another New Pattern!!

      Spinning Diamonds!

      Another Starmaker 6 Pattern.

      Kaye Wood combines diamonds into a 6 pointed star. The star spins out into a hexagon shape. Size 50" x 43", this is a perfect table cover or wall hanging.

      Click the link for more information.

      http://www.kayewood.com/onlinecat/k2009.html

      What's On Sale? All of Kaye's Strip Quilting Projects Books!

      Strip Quilting Books 2 thru 8 for $3 each, and Strip Quilting Projects 9 and Strip Quilting Projects 10, for $7 each!

      Here is a great special at the lowest price you will find all year. For one more week, you can get Kaye's own Strip Quilting books, numbered 2 thru 8, for $3 each! This is the best bargain of the year on some oldies but goodies, so take advantage of this great special! Kaye's Strip Quilting Projects Books 9 and 10, $7.00 each for the rest of April. Stock up now!

      Quilts, tablerunners, wallhangings, Christmas items, wearables, landscapes and seascapes, samplers, you name it, it's in this collection! Also, as with all of Kaye's books, fabric preparation, measuring and cutting tips, along with sewing and pressing advice, are included. Easy enough for a beginner, challenging enough for the more advanced, at this price, this collection is a steal!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      All of these books have peek pages where you can see some of the projects included in the book and full descriptions of the book. Just click the on the above link for more information.

      As you can see I have a mess in the photo above and I am trying to  repair the quilt  for my husband's niece.  I have made 8 quilts and this is my second repair, Juju

      To check out more of our readers wonderful quilts, just click the link!

      If you'd like to submit your quilt for our Show & Tell page, read on!

      We now have a page to feature your favorite quilts called Show & Tell! Just snail mail or e-mail us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less of the story behind your quilt. Each week we will feature a different one in our newsletter! Don't miss out on the chance to, "toot your own horn" a little bit! You can send us your letters to the address below, or e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below.

      Kaye Wood, C/O Show & Tell, PO Box 456, West Branch, MI 48661

      terrye@...?subject="show_n_tell"

      News from Ami Simms and the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative

      There are 27 little quilts up for auction at www.AlzQuilts.org right now and all profits go to fund Alzheimer research. These are little treasures, none larger than 9" x 12", and they would look great on your wall, propped up on a table, or framed. Some are traditional, others "arty." Themes range from serious to goofy with everything in between. The choice is yours. These are the Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts, named for the urgent need for research funding and for the envelope in which they are shipped to their new owners. Each quilt must fit in a USPS cardboard priority mailer.

      The Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts project is part of Ami Simms' "Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative," a three-year commitment to raising awareness and funding research. It includes a 50-quilt traveling exhibit that will be seen by over 146,000 people in the first year alone. These quilts must be Alzheimer related. Do you have a quilt inside waiting to come out? See the prospectus at:

      http://www.amisimms.com/prospectus.html

      Submission deadline is June 5, 2006.

      For more information visit the Alzheimer Art Quilt Initiative at www.AlzQuilts.org.

      Another Great Newsletter!

      Colorado Backporch

      Featuring Batik fabrics from Hoffman, Bali Fabrics, Island Batiks and more. All of Elisa’s Backporch Design products for Crazy Curves are available online. Wonderful wearable art patterns designed by clothes designer Bren of Brensan Studios are a big hit at the quilt shows. Free monthly pattern download including all 6 patterns from past months available. Quilt Contest going on now. Sign up for our newsletter to receive new items information and online sales. Visit us at www.coloradobackporch.com

      Upcoming Events

      Getting ready for Paducah! Come on down!

      American Quilters Society Consumer Show

      Paducah, KY

      4/26 thru 4/29, 2006

      Call 1-502-898-7903 or e-mail http://www.americanquilter.com

      Nancy's Notions

      Beaver Dam, WI

      5/4 thru 5/6, 2006

      Call 1-920-887-0391or e-mail http://www.nancysnotions.com

      Quilt Market (wholesale only)

      Minneapolis, MN

      5/19 thru 5/21, 2006

      Alaskan Quilting Cruise

      6/4 thru 6/11, 2006

      Call 1-800-784-4480 or e-mail http://www.roundbobbin.com/cruise2006.htm

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog - Now in a Different, Easier to Read and Print Downloadable Format!

      http://www.kayewood.com/catalogfiles/cover.pdf

      List Your Event

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      I hope you enjoyed the sun and sunflowers. Always brightens my day, we hope it worked for you!

      As always, if you have any questions, comments, or complaints, please email me:

      terrye@...

      Have a good one!

      Kaye Wood Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661