Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Mar 14, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2006
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Tuesday, March 14th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday, March 14th.***Tuesday,

      Hey everyone! A Happy St. Patrick's Day, (early) to all! Don't forget to be, "wearing of the green" on Friday, or you're apt to get a little pinch from someone! I am not Irish, at least not to my knowledge, but I do enjoy the camaraderie and spirituality, not to mention a green refreshment now and again, to help celebrate this day. So in honor of the revered St. Patrick, here is an Irish blessing for you. Have a great week!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Count Your Blessings

      Count your blessings instead of your crosses; Count your gains instead of your losses.

      Count your joys instead of your woes; Count your friends instead of your foes.

      Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears.

      Count your full years instead of your lean; Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.

      Count your health instead of your wealth; Love your neighbor as much as yourself.

      Check This Out!

      Check out one of the latest, new patterns in Kaye's line, called A-Maze-Ing! Now you can create an A-Maze-Ing wallhanging, using topless triangles, cut with the Starmaker 6 Master Template. Choose a color for your maze, then find five fabrics in this color family, ranging from light to dark. Just think of the possibilities, you could go dark and dramatic, lighter and more subtle, bold and vibrant, the choice is yours. Each quilt can have it's own distinct look, just based on your fabric choices! Easy to do and lots of fun, check out the link for more information.

      New Special!

      Have you ever loved the trapunto look but was afraid it was too hard to do? Well, Quilt-As-You-Go Machine Trapunto, brought to you by Golden Threads, takes all the guess work out of trapunto. Now you can make beautiful heirloom quilts that will last long into the future!

      Follow the step-by-step directions and learn two unique quilting techniques, while completing this distinctive quilt project. Machine trapunto, is a method of adding extra batting to quilted areas, without the intensive hand work of the past. Quilt-As-You-Go, eliminates wrestling with whole quilts during the quilting process. Using the zigzag stitch and binding strips, you can join the quilted blocks together, to create quilts ranging from wall size to king size. Includes complete step-by-step directions with illustrations, and instructions for using the No-Marking Method. For hand or machine quilting, using domestic, shortarm or longarm methods. This trapunto pattern pack usually retails for $16.95. For the next two weeks it can be yours, for the price of $12 plus s/h. Plus, you can also purchase a roll of quilting paper for the discounted price of $5. That's a savings of almost $8 if you buy both.

      You can use the quilting paper with the Machine Trapunto Pack or Bold Beginnings Block Pack. It can also be used for other sewing too. Sketching, tracing, applique, machine embroidery, altering, garment embellishment, paper piecing, duplicating, designing patterns, bobbin work and home-dec sewing are just some of the many uses for this paper.

      So order now while you can get these great savings!

      Make sure you check the two new patterns!

      You all know how Kaye has been introducing her new pattern line, right? Well, here's a good chance to get in on some of your favorites! For the whole month of March when you buy any pattern from Kaye's pattern line, you can get another of Kaye's patterns for half price! So check them out and take advantage of this great sale!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Kaye's awesome line of beautiful patterns.

      P201P202P203P301P302
      P303P304P305P307P401

      Free Technique!

      Kaye has a new, free technique on the site called Scalloped Edges, or Half Circle Border. I think you're going to like it! Just click on the link to get there!

      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/halfcircleborder.pdf

      Just Ask Kaye!

      Q: How do you put a hanging sleeve or just simply hang a circle quilt?

      K: You would make a half circle sleeve and sew it across the middle. Put a dowel in the sleeve that goes across the middle of the quilt. This will keep it stable and help keep it's form. Then bend a wire coat hanger and put it in the half circle.

      Q: Where would I get the Lazy Susan Thread Rack that you use on your show?

      K: You should be able to get one at Ray's Sewing Center.

      Ray's Sewing Center

      1717 Park Ave.

      San Jose, CA 95126

      408-295-6901

      Q: How do I accurately measure the finished top size, when setting up the back? I would like to do some creative applique on the back, but don't know how to position it.

      K: Cut the backing 4-6" larger than the top. Fold in the fourths to find the center. That should help you position the applique.

      Show & Tell

      Here is a wonderful quilt made by Arlene P. for her great nephews wedding! I'm positive it was one of the happy couples most treasured gifts! Thanks for sharing it with us Arlene!

      Enclosed is a picture of the quilt that I made for my great nephews wedding. The wedding will take place on Feb. 5, 2006.

      To check out more of our readers wonderful quilts, just click the link!

      If you'd like to submit your quilt for our Show & Tell page, read on!

      We now have a page to feature your favorite quilts called Show & Tell! Just snail mail or e-mail us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less of the story behind your quilt. Each week we will feature a different one in our newsletter! Don't miss out on the chance to, "toot your own horn" a little bit! You can send us your letters to the address below, or e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below.

      Kaye Wood

      C/O Show & Tell

      terrye@...?subject="show_n_tell"

      Upcoming Events

      Kaye's getting plenty of rest so she can do a bang up job when she visits our Canadian friends! You can always expect to learn a lot with Kaye at one of her lectures, but the fun, she throws in for free! Make sure you come check her out!

      Ottawa Canada, St. Mary's Church

      Saturday-3/25, 2006

      1 Canfield Road Nepean, Ontario

      Contact: Jody Taylor at 613-828-1183 or bravoshow@...

      Bowmanville, Ontario,Canada/Clarington Beech Center

      Sunday-3/26, 2006

      26 Beech Ave.

      Contact: Cheryl Wray at 905.623.3589 or sewersforum@...

      Keep Me In Stitches

      Tampa, FL

      4/7 thru 4/8, 2006

      http://www.kmisinc.com

      American Quilters Society Consumer Show

      Paducah, KY

      4/26 thru 4/29, 2006

      Call 1-502-898-7903 or e-mail http://www.americanquilter.com

      Quilting Cruise

      Have you ever wanted to cruise Alaska, hang with Kaye Wood and do some quilting? Have we got the trip for you! Join Kaye's Alaskan Quilting Cruise, June 4th thru June 11th, 2006! For more info e-mail the link or call the number.

      http://www.roundbobbin.com/cruise2006.htm*****1-800-784-4480

      List Your Event

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event, or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      ***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th***15th Annual National Quilt Day on Saturday, March 18th

      Ad Swap

      Visit the FAT QUARTER SHOP for the largest online selection of fat quarter bundles, free quilt patterns & original quilt kits. Sign up for their free quilting newsletter to be eligible for a free $30 Gift Certificate (from Fat Quarter Shop)! We send weekly newsletter with the newest quilting fabrics on the market and special sales! Free US Shipping on orders over $200! Check it out by clicking the link.

      http://www.fatquartershop.com/

      To sign up for their free newsletter, click this link.

      http://www.fatquartershop.com/newsletter.asp

      Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661