Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Feb 21, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2006
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Tuesday, Feb. 21st.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***Tuesday, February 21st.***

      Hey everyone! It's good to be back on track. It seemed really strange not having a newsletter to write last week. It's almost the end of February and I'm yearning for spring in a bad way! I don't know, it could be the ice storm we received, dumping about 5 inches of ice on us at the end of last week, or maybe it's just time for some nice weather! Either way, I'm wishing it upon us and doing what I can to hurry things along. Kaye promised when she returned from Arizona she was bringing warm weather and sunshine with her. I definitely intend on holding her to that!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Did You Know?

      Did you know that we have a whole page filled with free tips, techniques and patterns? We do and they are yours for the taking! Some of the patterns include: Breast Cancer Pillow, Garden Path, Bear Paw Pattern, Victorian Nosegay Flower Block and many more! Some of the techniques include: sewing stars, tumbling blocks, bindings, and strip cut hexagons. Click the link to find all the free things we have available for you!

      Did you know we now have over 25 e-patterns and e-books available for you? It's fast, easy and best of all, you pay no shipping fee! We process your order, send you the link, you download it to your computer and print it out! It's that easy! For a list of all our "e" products available to you, just click the link.

      Here's another great product for all of you to check out! Brought to you by Brandy's, here's Just Country, aka Crazy Strippin'! This pattern is so much fun, you will love it, I guarantee! No extra tools to buy, templates are provided for 4, 6, 9 and 12 inch blocks, along with instructions for four different size quilts! These quilts can easily be made as small or large as you desire by using fewer or more blocks! Detailed supply lists are provided for each quilt size along with a free Brandy's key chain! Also available are VHS or DVD copies of the Just Country show as it appeared on Kaye's Quilting Friends. Click on the link and check it out!

      http://www.kayewood.com/onlinecat/k1802.html

      New Special!

      $2.99 s/h on all orders $40 and over!

      For the next two weeks we've got a great shipping special for you! It's very simple and goes like this. When you order $40 or more of product, your shipping will be only $2.99. That's it, couldn't be simpler. Your total price will be adjusted at the time of processing. Although we are very sorry, this special is good for US residents only.

      Monthly Special***Last Week

      On special for this month is a book of Kaye's that is probably one of my favorites, and you know she has a lot to choose from! Strip-Cut Quilts has a variety of projects, which are such great fun, you won't know which one to do first! This book has so much information, it's hard to know where to start! Strip-Cut Quilts is 96 pages big, with over 200 illustrations and 30 projects! These projects will carry you through the seasons with things like Glacier Ice, Christmas Table runner, Spring Rain and Rainbow Sherbert Painted Desert and Southwest Crossing, will have you yearning for the southwest or at least warmer days. This book is great for the beginner or advanced quilter, with projects to suit every level. Tips include everything from fabric preparation, accurate cutting, measuring and pressing, to squaring up your blocks, borders, sashing and mitered corners! Techniques include fussy cuts, tree borders, flying geese, topless triangles and much, much more! The Starmaker 8 is the tool you need for this book and a paper one is included. Of course, for ease and accuracy, we recommend the acrylic version that we have available. Remember that gift you've been wanting for yourself? This is the one you have to have, order today! Although we are very sorry, this special is good for US residents only.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Here are some of the beautiful projects from Strip-Cut Quilts!

      Show & Tell

      Here is another beautiful quilt made by one of our subscribers! Just imagine all of the memories that are wrapped up in this one quilt! This would be a great legacy to have. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

      Linda. I made this for my folks 60th wedding anniversary. I surprised them with many pictures of their 60 years together. All their grandkids & great grandkids are around the border. The blocks that had no picture were for signatures.

      To check out more of our readers wonderful quilts, just click the link!

      If you'd like to submit your quilt for our Show & Tell page, read on!

      We now have a page to feature your favorite quilts called Show & Tell! Just snail mail or e-mail us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less of the story behind your quilt. Each week we will feature a different one in our newsletter! Don't miss out on the chance to, "toot your own horn" a little bit! You can send us your letters to the address below, or e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below.

      Kaye Wood

      C/O Show & Tell

      terrye@...?subject="show_n_tell"

      Upcoming Events

      Kaye's next stop will be Puyallup, WA at the Sewing and Stitchery Expo! Make sure you stop by the booth to chat it up!

      Sewing and Stitchery Expo

      Puyallup, WA

      3/2 thru 3/5, 2006

      http://www.sewexpo.com or 253-445-4632

      Ottawa, Canada/St. Mary's Church

      Saturday- 3/25, 2006

      1 Canfield Road Nepean, Ontario

      Contact: Jody Taylor at 613-828-1183

      Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada/Clarington Beech Centre

      Sunday- 3/26, 2006

      26 Beech Ave.

      Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada L1C 3A2

      Contact: Cheryl Wray at 905-623-3589

      Links 4-U

      QNN

      Can't get Kaye's Quilting Friends on your television? Well, how about seeing Kaye on your computer?! You can catch Kaye's Quilting Friends at least 5 times a day on QNN! Each show a different episode, QNN is the only online programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at

      http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

      Quilting Cruise

      Have you ever wanted to cruise Alaska, hang with Kaye Wood and do some quilting? Have we got the trip for you! Join Kaye's Alaskan Quilting Cruise, June 6th thru June 11th, 2006! For more info e-mail the link or call the number.

      http://www.cruiseone.com / 1-800-784-4480

      Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661