Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting and Sewing Newsletter, Jan 24, 2006

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2006
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting and Sewing Newsletter, Jan 24, 2006

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2006
        Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter Tuesday, January 24th.
        Well, it's back! I thought it might be gone for good, but I should've known
        better! Winter reminded us who actually was the boss on Saturday, dumping
        about 9 inches of snow in our area! Now I know what you're thinking. "What
        snow, in Michigan, in January? That's just crazy!" I guess it was really
        beautiful though, for about 15 minutes! By the time you shovel, plow and dig
        out of the stuff, your appreciation level goes down tremendously! But at
        least the snowmobilers, skaters, snow festival people, etc. are jumping with
        joy and all is right in their world. I figure it'll take till springtime to
        make it right in mine. I'm waiting...patiently!

        To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

        If you haven't seen one of the latest additions to the Kaye Wood pattern
        line, Morning Glory is a glorious quilt to behold. Imagine those beautiful
        floral fabrics you've been dying to buy or maybe have stashed away, just
        waiting for the perfect pattern. This quilt is made from diagonal
        half-square triangles using bias tubes. No wasted fabric, no paper grids, it
        couldn't be easier! Have a blast rearranging the blocks to showcase your
        creativity and flare! Borders are a breeze to miter using Kaye's convenient
        step-by-step directions! Sizes included in this pattern are for twin, double
        or king size beds. For more information on this wonderful quilt, just click
        the link.
        http://www.kayewood.com/onlinecat/p202.html

        Last week for this special!
        Have you ever thought about quilting your own quilt top but have been too
        intimidated to try? With the Bold Beginnings Block Pack, you won't believe
        how easy it can be! Whether you are a beginner or experienced, hand or
        machine quilter, these continuous line quilting stencils are for you! This
        pack has 30 quilting designs ranging from 4-9 inches. Just pick out your
        design and trace it onto the quilting paper. Stitch through several layers
        of paper without thread to perforate. Pin your papers to the quilt and sew
        following the perforated design that you picked out! When done, tear off the
        paper and you have a perfectly quilted piece! It's just that easy and now
        when you purchase the block pack for $15.95, you can purchase the roll of
        Golden Threads Quilting Paper for 1/2 price! This paper comes on a
        convenient roll and measures 12 inches wide by 20 yards long, plenty to make
        several layers for several quilts. For under $20, this is definitely more
        cost effective than sending your quilt out to be done. But most of all, you
        will have done it all by yourself! Order today!
        http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

        This monthly special is almost done!
        This is a must have book for any quilter! Kaye truly believes "Everyone Can
        Quilt", and she doesn't hesitate to show you how! From beginner to expert,
        pointed or pointless, this book has something for everyone! With over 24
        unique patterns from pot holders to bed quilts, Kaye shows you how to do it
        quick and easy! Great time-saving tips and techniques, along with paper
        templates, gives you everything you need to make your quilting dream a
        reality! Beautiful pictures of Kaye's work are included to inspire you. Also
        including humorous stories of Kaye's adventures in quilting, told only as
        Kaye can, will give you a chuckle as you quilt! Purchase Everyone Can Quilt
        through the month of January and your s/h on this book will be only $1.99!
        Sorry, this offer good only in the Continental US.
        http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

        Quilts For A Cause
        New from Ami Simms is this announcement about the Alzheimer's Art Quilt
        Initiative, a program to raise awareness and fund research for Alzheimer
        disease. This will be a two part program with one being a traveling art
        quilt exhibit, interpreting Alzheimer's in fiber art. This exhibit will tour
        the US for three years. The second part will be an on-going sale of small
        art quilts, with all proceeds going to Alzheimer research. I'm sure we all
        know someone who has been affected by this terrible disease, so this is a
        wonderful way to show your creativity and support a worthy cause. You can
        submit a quilt for the traveling exhibit or donate any small quilts, no
        bigger than 9" x 12", for the auction. Just click on the link for more
        information on how to submit or donate your quilt.
        http://www.AlzQuilts.org

        Free Pattern!
        In case you missed it last week, here is a fun new pattern to try out called
        Dream Catcher. Just click on the link and enjoy!
        http://www.kayewood.com/ebooks10906/dream_catcher.html

        If you'd like to submit your quilt for our Show & Tell page, read on!
        Don't be out of the loop! We now have a page to feature your favorite quilts
        called Show & Tell! Just snail mail or e-mail us a non-returnable picture,
        along with a description in 50 words or less of the story behind your quilt.
        What inspired you? Was it for a special person or event in your life? Each
        week we will feature a different one in our newsletter! Don't miss out on
        the chance to, "toot your own horn" a little bit! You can send us your
        letters to the address below, or e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at
        the e-mail address below.
        Kaye Wood
        C/O Show & Tell
        terrye@...?subject="show_n_tell"

        Links 4-U
        QNN
        Can't get Kaye's Quilting Friends on your television? Well, how about seeing
        Kaye on your computer?! You can catch Kaye's Quilting Friends at least 5
        times a day on QNN! Each show a different episode, QNN is the only online
        programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at
        QNN.
        http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

        Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
        Our catalog is available online at anytime, 24/7! Convenient for you
        whenever you want to check things out!

        http://www.kayewood.com/forums or here:
        http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

        Quilting Cruise
        Have you ever wanted to cruise Alaska, hang with Kaye Wood and do some
        quilting? Have we got the trip for you! Join Kaye's Alaskan Quilting Cruise,
        June 6th thru June 11th, 2006! For more info e-mail the link or call the
        number.
        http://www.cruiseone.com / 1-800-784-4480

        Upcoming Events
        Hey Phoenix, it's time to get geared up for Kaye Wood! She's coming to your
        town this week, so make sure you come out and join the fun!
        Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival
        Phoenix, AZ***Arizona State Fairgrounds
        1/26 thru 1/28, 2006
        http://www.rustybarn.com

        Creative Festival
        Denver, CO
        2/3 thru 2/6, 2006
        http://www.creativefestival.com or 505-323-0025

        Sewing and Stitchery Expo
        Puyallup, WA
        3/2 thru 3/5, 2006
        http://www.sewexpo.com or 253-445-4632

        Ottawa, Canada/St. Mary's Church
        Saturday- 3/25, 2006
        1 Canfield Road Nepean, Ontario
        Contact: Jody Taylor at 613-828-1183

        Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada/Clarington Beech Centre
        Sunday- 3/26, 2006
        26 Beech Ave.
        Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada L1C 3A2
        Contact: Cheryl Wray at 905-623-3589

        Well gang, I guess that's all for this week! Let us know if you need
        anything or if we can help you out in any way! From all of us at Kaye Wood
        Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all .......keep quilting!

        Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

        This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting
        Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of
        news, events and special promotions.
        To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
        terrye@...?subject=unsub

        Phone: 1_800_248_KAYE(5293)
        Website: http://www.kayewood.com

        Quilting E-Newsletter, Special Sales, Tips and Techniques, and Quilting and
        Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!
        Watch Kaye’s Quilting Friends on the new Quilters News Network,
        http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com