Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting and Sewing Newsletter. Dec 6, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting and Sewing Newsletter for December 6th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***Tuesday, December 6th.***

      Hey everyone! As you can tell, we're feeling very winter like around here! I guess that's not too surprising when you live in Michigan and it's the beginning of December. Mother Nature has been all to willing to show us who has the upper hand here! But...with Christmas only 19 days away, a little snow is not unheard of. Did you catch my casual little plug about Christmas? What that means is too much to do and not nearly enough time to do it! Each year I tell myself I'm going to scale down, but how do you scale down Christmas? Do you cut family, presents or decorations? Furthermore, if I'm being honest with myself, do I really want to scale down? Isn't the crazy, pandemonium just a part of it? Well, it is in my world, so if you can't beat them, you might as well join them! Call me crazy #1!

      To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

      What's On Sale This Week?

      For our special we have a great book and tool combo, you won't want to be without! For the next two weeks, you can purchase Kaye's Easy Hexagon Design book and the accompanying tool, the Starmaker 6, for $20! This is a savings of $10 off these two items! Check it out below!

      When you follow Kaye's directions, you won't believe how easy hexagons can be! This book has 14 projects, 30 design ideas and 5 design sheets! Projects include Northern Lights Alaskan quilt, Grandmother's Flower Garden and Hawaiian wallhanging, to name just a few! Techniques include how to sew your hexagons together, how to sew divided hexagons, hexagon log cabins, honeycombs and many more! Kaye also includes her tips and guidelines for fabric preparation, cutting, pressing and anything else to making your sewing experience a little easier! If you get one gift for yourself or a friend, this is the one to have, so order today!

      New Monthly Special!

      This is a great special, but it only runs about twice a year, so check it out!

      Have you ever saw an episode of Kaye's Quilting Friends and wish you could see it again? Have you liked a technique but wish you had that show to refer to? Have you ever wished you had Kaye Wood in your home to teach you? Well now is your chance! For the whole month of December, you can buy any VHS or DVD taped episode of Kaye's Quilting Friends TV show, for $12 plus s/h! Each tape is just like the show you saw on PBS! Not sure which episode you want? Just go to our home page and enter, kqf video, in the search box, it will bring up all the episodes of Kaye's Quilting Friends, plus a description of each show and what pattern, book or tool was used! This is a great chance to complete or start your very own Kaye Wood video library! So check that inventory, check it twice, and order all your Kaye's Quilting Friends shows now while they're on sale!

      In case you missed it last week, we have some winners to report! For our last $25 gift certificate, ending the Early Bird Sales, drum roll please, Dorothy Maghielse from Wyandotte, Michigan! Be checking your mail box Dorothy, your gift certificate is on it's way!

      Here are the answers to our last word scramble!

      Congrats to our winners, who finished the last scramble correctly and sent it back to Terrye first. They won a free e-pattern! Thanks to everyone who participated!

      Just Ask Kaye!

      Q: Do you have a chart on measurements for ruffles?

      K: Here is one from the book Quiltmaking Tips and Techniques written by Jane Townswick.

      Ruffle WidthRuffle Length
      Finished size inches
      Cut Size inches
      300 in.
      400 in.
      500 in.
      600 in.
      700 in.
      800 in.
      1 yd.
      1-3/8 yds.
      1-5/8 yds.
      2 yds.
      2-1/4 yds.
      2-5/8 yds.
      1-3/4 yds.
      2-3/8 yds.
      2-7/8 yds.
      3-1/2 yds.
      4 yds.
      4-5/8 yds.
      2-1/4 yds.
      2-7/8 yds.
      3-5/8 yds.
      4-3/8 yds.
      5 yds.
      5-3/4 yds.
      2-7/8 yds.
      3-7/8 yds.
      4-3/4 yds.
      5-3/4 yds.
      6-5/8 yds.
      7-5/8 yds.

      What's New?

      Well, Kaye is once again in the studio, recording another fine series of Kaye's Quilting Friends! New guests, new projects, new techniques! We'll keep you filled in on any details!

      We're still looking for more people who want some bragging rights about their quilts! Show & Tell, is a great place to showcase your work and tell us a little detail about it too! Just send us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less of the story behind your quilt. What inspired you? Was it for a special person or event in your life? Once every two weeks we will feature one in our newsletter! There will also be a new page you can link to, to check them all out. Don't miss out on the chance to, "toot your own horn" a little bit! You can send us your letters to the address below, or email to terrye@...?subject="show_n_tell"

      Kaye Wood

      C/O Show & Tell

      Kaye has another fun quilting cruise coming up in June of 2006. Now you can join Kaye Wood, Karen Good of America Quilts Creatively, Louis Carney of Pfaff USA, and Betty Cotton of the Cotton Theory Quilting, as they combine cruising around Alaska with learning and fun! Sponsored by Round Bobbin, this is a trip you won't want to miss!

      Call 1-800-473-9464 or check www.roundbobbin.com for more information!

      The tips page has been updated to include Kaye's Half Circle Borders. Just click the link for this and many more free tips!

      Ad Swap

      There was a time when in order to receive our monthly newsletter you had to belong to The Cotton Club. Now with the advent of the internet, you can stay on top of the most current fabrics, notions, threads, supplies, gifts and trends just by subscribing to our electronic newsletters. As soon as a newsletter goes out in the mail we post it electronically. In fact, if you were signed up you already know about our latest clubs: Aurifil Thread Club and Italian Charm Club! Although one used to have to attend major festivals, now you can count on us to keep you informed! To sign up just go to: http://www.cottonclub.com/free.htm Also, if you send an email with your home address, we will send you a sample issue of The Cotton Club including the 4" squares of fabric. Just go to: http://www.cottonclub.com

      Odds and Ends

      Did you know that Kaye Wood Inc, offers gift certificates? They make a wonderful present for that hard-to-buy-for quilter we all know and love. Just call the office to order. 1-800-248-5293

      We can ship your packages to just about anywhere! With Christmas coming, this is a great option especially if you're traveling or have relatives you can't be with. Just mark it in the ship-to portion of the shopping cart or let your operator know. We're glad to assist you!

      If you have any questions for Kaye, please feel free to send them in. Kaye will try to answer as many as she can.

      Upcoming Events

      Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival

      Phoenix, AZ***Arizona State Fairgrounds

      1/26 thru 1/28, 2006

      Creative Festival

      Denver, CO

      2/3 thru 2/6, 2006

      http://www.creativefestival.com or 505-323-0025

      Sewing and Stitchery Expo

      Puyallup, WA

      3/2 thru 3/5, 2006

      www.sewexpo.com or 253-445-4632

      Links 4-U

      QNN, the only online programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at QNN.

      Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

      To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      Be sure to tell us why you want to unsub, it helps to know what people want and don't want.