630KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 7.10.14 - FR** Ebook, Hemma Designs and More Reader's Suggestions

    Jul 10, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpg

      • New In The Shop
      • Did You Know
      • How To Bind a Quilt
      • This Week in History
      • New Contest
      • Reader's Show and Tell
      • Boo Wallhanging Pattern
      • Pastel Patchwork Quilt Pattern
      • FR** EBook - Starmaker Design Concepts
      • DVD of the Week - Roman Fountains
      • Rotary Ruler Tote Pattern
      • List Your Event
      • Facebook
      • Flower of the Month - Tiger Lily Pattern
      • This Week on our YouTube Channel - Everyone Can Quilt

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is loving the warm weather....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_spring.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Hemma Quilts At KayeWood.com Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

      September 27 & 28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin:

      Wonderful, awesome vacation!

      Back to work, back to real life, back to peas, tomatoes and radishes! Mowing grass, fishing and swimming in the big lakes. Bar BQ, boating and bonfires.

      Summer is good, but way too short up here. I've already seen some trees starting to show some color. That is just wrong!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hs-annadollquiltlg.jpg

      Anna's Doll Quilt Pattern.... HERE

      This week, on our sale page, since I wasn't here to add too many new products to our website, I've got a bunch of stuff on sale. Happy Apple Quilts, Hemma Designs, Handcrafts by Jennifer and Granola Girl Designs. Hurt and clearance items too.

      Remember.... orders over $50.00 are fr** shipping (US only, sorry)

      Go HERE for all of our sale, hurt and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hd-wildzebramed.jpg

      Wild Zebra Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hd-wildenmed.jpg

      Wilden Star Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hd-lifeinthemidwestmed.jpg

      Life in the Midwest Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/gg-fallingpineconesmed.jpg

      Falling Pinecones Tank Cover/Candle Mat Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/htmma-brittamed.jpg

      Brita Hoopster Basket Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hemma-trollmed.jpg

      Troll Handlebar Bag Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hbj-crabtwistmed.jpg

      Crab Twister Pattern

      HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hemma-louisamed.jpg

      Louisa Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/qc-pumpkinpatchmed.jpg

      Pumpking Patch Wallhanging Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/qc-knottedboquetmed.jpg

      Knotted Boquet Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/wpc-justrightecoveralt1.jpg

      Just Right Ecovers Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kc-patchworkillusionsmed.jpg

      Patchwork Illusions Quilt Pattern and Template

      On Our What's New Page

      Did You Know....

      There are many things to look for when picking out your fabrics. Here are just a few items of interest.

      Check the weave. You want your fabric to be strong, especially if you want it to last for years to come. If it is not strong enough, you could have problems with tearing and damage over time.

      Cotton is always a good choice. Especially if you're just starting out, it's easier to work with then other fabrics. Plus, cotton just feels good to the touch!

      Make sure it's a colorfast fabric. You are eventually going to have to clean your quilt and you don't want your colors to run! If you're not sure about your fabric, test it before you use it in your quilt. You can trim a piece off and wash it or wash all of the fabric by itself. That way, if it does run, you won't ruin any other fabrics.

      You can really get caught up in all the fabulous fabric choices once you hit the fabric store, so make sure to keep your goal in mind. Remember the project at hand, who it is for or where it is going. Color can make or break the whole look and feel of your quilt, so take your time. Try different colors and patterns side by side to see how they work together.

      Too much is better then not enough. Buy extra of the fabric you're planning to use. There is nothing worse then needing more, going to your store and finding they are either out of it, or it's not available any longer.

      Don't forget the fabric for the back of your quilt. It too should mesh well with your color scheme.

      Be careful if you have a pattern on your fabric when cutting. You want them going the same way, not hither and dither.

      How to Bind a Quilt

      on our YouTube Channel

      by Christine of Amelie Scott Designs

      HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/35.jpg

      This Week in History, July 9 - July 15

      Jul 09, 1877 - Wimbledon tournament begins

      Jul 10, 1925 - Monkey Trial begins

      Jul 11, 1804 - Burr slays Hamilton in duel

      Jul 12, 1984 - Ferraro named vice presidential candidate

      Jul 13, 1985 - Live Aid concert

      Jul 14, 1789 - French revolutionaries storm Bastille

      Jul 15, 1971 - Nixon announces visit to communist China

      http://www.kayewood.com/33.jpg

      New Contest....

      Well, it's not really a contest because EVERYONE can win! Make a quilt (bag, tablerunner, candle mat...) from one of our patterns (purchased from us), send us a picture and you'll get 25% off your next order!

      Send your entries to terrye@...!

      I take mousepads from the computer and put them under my sewing machines foot pedal. This prevents it from sliding all over.

      My favorite thing to quilt is mini quilts. I can finish them quickly and change them before I become bored with what's hanging on my wall. To avoid wear and tear on the paint job of my walls, I began using Poster Tape. It holds them beautifully and I can find it anywhere scotch tape is sold. No holes in my wall, no mess!

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/14.jpg

      Reader's Show and Tell....

      This is my Caddy Pad Plus Hot Iron Carrying Tote and Ironing Mat Pattern

      Soooo easy to make, and quick!

      Connie....

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/qc-boomed.jpg

      Boo Wallhanging Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pp-pastelpatchworkmed.jpg

      Pastel Patchwork Quilt Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      FR** EBook....

      Starmaker Design Concepts by Kaye Wood!

      HERE

      This is the book you need to compliment your Starmaker Master Templates. A chapter devoted to each one, this technique book will show you how to use your tools to their fullest potential. Over 140 designs and shapes to help perfect your quilting skills.

      Get the 77 technique DVD HERE

      Save even more and get the whole set HERE

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kwdc1.jpg

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/smmt.jpg

      DVD of the Week....

      Roman Fountains Technique DVD

      Imagine looking down into a formal Roman Garden with its hedges, tile floors, and its center fountain. The circles are layered on top of a background square, cut in square quarters and triangle quarters. The raw edge circles are appliqued with decorative stitches.

      Uses Kaye's View & Do Circle Template (not included).

      Technique DVD, View & Do Circle Template and Pattern on sale, HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/eye_of_the_stormdlg.jpg

      Roman Fountains Technique DVD

      Due to a rollover car accident last Oct., I have had to have a bridge put in my mouth. The dentist gave me what he called a floss threader, to get dental floss under the bridge. This is a little, blue plastic loop. Because my eyes are not as good as they used to be, I took this dental threader and put it into my quilting needle eye. Then I put the thread through the loop and pulled it gently through the eye of the needle! Presto, simplicity in threading the needle! This also works on machine needles and most smaller hand sewing needles. I sure hope this suggestions helps someone else as much as it has helped me! Love you newsletters, thank you so much!

      When I'm holding my template down while cutting my fabric, I use just the tips of my fingers, not the palms. That way, when I lift up my hand, I have found the ruler has less chance of moving.

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jgc-rotaryrulertotemed.jpg

      Rotary Ruler Tote Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      List Your Event....

      Maine Quilts July 24-27, 2014. Augusta Civic Center, Augusta, Maine. www.mainequilts.org, info@...

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. Different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/tiger-la.jpg

      Flower Of The Month For July....

      Tiger Lily Pattern

      Click on More Details to watch this technique.

      More Details

      On Our Sale Page

      DVD of the Week....

      Roman Fountains Technique DVD

      Imagine looking down into a formal Roman Garden with its hedges, tile floors, and its center fountain. The circles are layered on top of a background square, cut in square quarters and triangle quarters. The raw edge circles are appliqued with decorative stitches.

      Uses Kaye's View & Do Circle Template (not included).

      Technique DVD, View & Do Circle Template and Pattern on sale, HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/eye_of_the_stormdlg.jpg

      Roman Fountains Technique DVD

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mr-hthcompletesetmed.jpg

      Home Tweet Home Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      This Week On Our Youtube Channel....

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ecqlg.jpg

      Everyone Can Quilt Book Review

      Everyone Can Quilt Techniques HERE

      If you're a beginning quilter or a seasoned one who would like to sharpen their skills, this book is a must have for your quilting library. With 20 projects and over 100 tips and techniques to go with every skill level, you will be making everything from pillows and table toppers, to all different sizes of quilts.

      This book is on sale, HERE

      Have a great week, everyone!

      http://www.kayewood.com/34.jpg