614KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 3.12.14 - Crazy Old Ladies, Twister Patterns, FR** Pattern and Lots of New Items!

    Mar 12, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpg

      • What's On Sale - Crazy Old Ladies and Our Twister Patterns
      • New in the Shop
      • This Week in History
      • Ebooks and Epatterns
      • Kit 'n Kaboodle Bag Pattern
      • Two Hour Tulip Bag Pattern
      • Reader's Show and Tell
      • Fr** Pattern
      • DVD of the Week - Straw Wreath with Pinecones
      • List Your Event
      • Flower of the Month - Daffodils
      • Facebook
      • Storing Your Quilts, by Pamela Wiggins at Antiques.About.com
      • Snake in the Grass Quilt Pattern
      • Honeybell Stars Quilt Pattern
      • Our Youtube Channel

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is looking for her lucky four leaf clover....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_four_leaf_clover.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Crazy Old Ladies At KayeWood.com Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

      September 27 & 28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/favecrafts.gif

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin:

      Yes...We had 2 days (count em!) of 50 degrees and sun. 3 times now I've hung out my laundry, and it even dried! And tonight we are expecting -7. Oh well, if it weren't cold and snowy, we'd forget how nice warm and sunny is. Got one greenhouse filled up with my peppers and tomatoes and onions, (and hollyhocks and morning glories, just because). The second greenhouse will be pressed into service soon with squash, pumpkins, watermelon, cantaloupe... and more flowers. Marigolds, impatiens, petunias... LOVE playing in the dirt! lol

      March 15, 2014 is National/Worldwide Quilting Day.

      What are you doing for National Quilting Day?

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hemma-martylg.jpg

      New in the Shop...Marta Studio Bins Pattern.... HERE

      This week we are featuring our Twister Patterns as well as our entire Crazy Old Ladies line of patterns!

      Remember.... orders over $50.00 are fr** shipping (US only, sorry)

      Go HERE for all of our sale, hurt and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/col-sweetcreammed.jpg

      Sweet Cream Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hbj-bunnytwistmed.jpg

      Bunny Twist Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hbj-shamrocktwistmed.jpg

      Shamrock Twist Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pf-twisterladybugmed.jpg

      Twister Ladybug Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/cs-liltwistermed.jpg

      Li'l Twister Ruler

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/col-surfshopmed.jpg

      Surf Shop Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mgd-marchdaffodilsmed.jpg

      March Daffodils Tablerunner Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/nl-primitivemed.jpg

      Primitive Pinwheels Tool

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hemma-louisamed.jpg

      Louisa Quilt and Pillow Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hemma-evasewingmed.jpg

      Eva Sewing Basket Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/abb-perennialplumesmed.jpg

      Perennial Plumes Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/abb-travelerstriomed.jpg

      Traveler's Trio Bag Patterns

      On Our What's New Page

      This Week in History, March 12 - 19

      Mar 12, 1933 - FDR gives first fireside chat

      Mar 13, 1942 - U.S. Army launches K-9 Corps

      Mar 14, 1879Albert Einstein born

      Mar 15, 1965 - Johnson calls for equal voting rights

      Mar 16, 1802 - U.S. Military Academy established

      Mar 17, 461 - Saint Patrick dies

      Mar 18, 1852 - Wells and Fargo start shipping and banking company

      http://www.kayewood.com/2.jpg

      Why Aren't Our Ebooks Immediately Downloadable?

      Because some opportunistic people have taken our ebooks and put them on the web for all to see, some have even been charging for them. If you want to order the ebooks/epatterns, I will send you a link as soon as I see your order. If you want them right away, go over to Craftsy (where they are still only $8.00 for the patterns) HERE

      We are really sorry for this inconvenience

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/abb-kitkaboodlemed.jpg

      Kit 'n Kaboodle Bag Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/abb-2hrtulipmed.jpg

      Two Hour Tulip Bag Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      Show and Tell....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/chrysanthemumalt2.jpg

      Chrysanthemum/Dresden Plate quilt

      I much prefer the bright neon colors. The other blocks will be blue shades like the background and a bright green. I can't wait to finish it!

      I'm using Kaye's Starmaker 5  Very Easy!!

      The technique is available on a DVD too, HERE

      Kayla....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/chrysanthemumalt1.jpg

      FR** Pattern....

      Shadow Hearts by Kaye Wood!

      HERE

      Soft hearts on spinning pinwheels create a magical effect with this pattern. Match the dark heart with the dark background and the light heart with the light background to create this shadow effect. Machine applique your hearts to background squares.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/shadow_heartslg.jpg

      DVD of the Week....

      Straw Wreath With Pinecones Technique DVD

      Now you can bring the outdoors in with this wonderful multi-colored, straw/fabric wreath. Uniquely constructed, but ever so simple, pick out the brightest colors in your stash, to dress up any place in your home.

      Size: 30" x 30"

      Technique DVD on sale, HERE

      Straw Wreath With Pinecones Quilt Pattern on sale HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/strawwreathlg.jpg

      Straw Wreath With Pinecones Pattern

      Straw Wreath Technique DVD

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/obt-scrappyspringflowersmed.jpg

      Scrappy Spring Flowers Tablerunner Pattern

      List Your Event....

      Prairie Piecemakers Quilt Guild, Quilt Show March 21-22, 2014, New Ulm, MN

      Flower Of The Month For March....

      Pot of Daffodils Pattern

      Nothing says "Spring is Here" faster than the daffodils peeking their way through the snow. Here they are, just in time for spring, planted in a pot and ready to sew!

      Click on More Details to watch this technique.

      More Details

      On Our Sale Page

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pot-of-la.jpg

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 4 or 5 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      Storing Your Quilts....

      by Pamela of About.com/ Antiques

      http://antiques.about.com/cs/textiles1/ht/StoreQuilt.htm

      1. The best way to store an antique quilt is by spreading it on an unused bed and placing an everyday coverlet over it. Quilts can also be layered on a bed. This storage method keeps quilts safe from dust and light, while reducing stress on the vintage fibers that can result from folding.
      2. If you do need to fold a quilt, spread it face down between two well-worn white cotton sheets and fold in a pleated accordion fashion. While storing flat is best, folding in this manner helps to reduce stress on old fabrics and reduce the likelihood of tearing.
      3. Limited space may dictate storing a quilt under a bed safely sealed in a Rubbermaid-type container. Just be sure to fold the quilt in the accordion manner recommended above and making sure it is completely void of moisture before placing it in the container.
      4. If you are going to store a quilt by displaying it on a wall, a good method is sewing a four-inch wide tube or sleeve of fabric along the top back edge and stitching every inch or so through all layers of the quilt. You can then attach it to a wall or other display area easily with a sturdy rod.

      Tips:

      1. Materials used in manufacturing plastic bags, cardboard boxes, and wooden trunks and chests can all react with quilting fabrics. These should be avoided when storing quilts. If reactions occur with plastic bags, cardboard or wood, they can cause quilts to become fragile, prone to tearing or even stain them.
      2. When using a Rubbermaid or similar container for storage, make sure the textile is completely dry to avoid mildew from moisture trapped in the container.
      3. If you're hanging the quilt on the wall for the summer season, be sure distribute the weight evenly over the entire width to avoid stressing the fabric. Don't plan to store a quilt on a wall for more than six months.
      4. No matter how or where you store your quilts, avoid sunlight. All light damage to textiles is irreversible.

      What tips do you want to see? Email me and let me know....terrye@...

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/fhd-snakegrassmed.jpg

      Snake in the Grass Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page