607KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 1.22.14 - Cutting Stars With The Starmakers and a FR** Pattern!

    Jan 23, 2014

    http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpeg

    • What's on Sale? 6 Pack Bag Series from A Quilter's Dream and More Clearance Items
    • What's New?
    • Facebook
    • Flower of the Month
    • Fused Reverse Applique
    • Reverse Applique Videos on our YouTube Channel
    • FR** Pattern
    • January Holiday House Pattern
    • January Penguin Pattern
    • Potholders and Kitchen Quilts on our Youtube Channel
    • This Week in History
    • Caribbean Quilting Cruise With Kaye
    • Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheels Tool and Pattern
    • Primitive Pinwheels Tool and Pattern
    • Reader's Show and Tell
    • Cutting Stars With Kaye's Starmakers
    • Paypal
    • DVD of the Week - Diamonds of Yellowstone
    • List Your Event!

    https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

    "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird loves playing in the snow....Follow us!

    http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_ice_skating.jpg

    http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

    We're on Pinterest Now!

    Check out our A Quilter's Dream at KayeWood.com Board on our Pintrest Site

    Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

    http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

    http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

    http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

    Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

    September 27 & 28, 2014

    http://www.kayewood.com/machinequiltsunlimitedlogo.gif

    Hi Quilters!

    Today at the Cabin:

    More snow..... more cold... Are you getting tired of hearing that yet? I do love winter, love a good snowstorm but this year I just haven't had the chance to get out and play in it. But... my grandson has made a date for us to go skiing and boarding. Should be awesome!

    This weekend is the first fish fry of the season.

    http://www.kayewood.com/99.jpg

    http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pgq-summerbreezelg.jpg

    Summer Breeze Quilt Pattern, new in our shop, (summer really will be here sooner or later).

    HERE

    This week we are featuring the 6 Pack Series of Bag Patterns from A Quilter's Dream. What is a 6 Pack Series? Any 6 Fat Quarters will make any of these bags. Super simple eh? So go get your stash, pick out 6 coordinating fabrics and go to town!

    Go HERE for all of our sale and clearance items.

    Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/aqd-yosemetimed.jpg

    Yosemite Bag Pattern

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/aqd-pasamed.jpg

    Pasadena Bag Pattern

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/aqd-manmed.jpg

    Manhattan Bag Pattern

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/santabarbaramed.jpg

    Santa Barbara Bag Pattern

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/oceansidemed.jpg

    Oceanside Bag Pattern

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/lagunamed.jpg

    Laguna Bag Pattern

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/sonomamed.jpg

    Sonoma Bag Pattern

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/reversible-totemed.jpg

    Reversible Tote Bag Pattern

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/dj-maryschocolatemed.jpg

    Mary's Chocolate Bunnies Wallhanging Pattern

    On Our What's New Page

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jk-withlovemed.jpg

    With Love Wallhanging Pattern

    On Our What's New Page

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jk-hearttriomed.jpg

    Heart Trio Pattern

    On Our What's New Page

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/jk-bunnytriomed.jpg

    Bunny Trio Pattern

    On Our What's New Page

    A Note About Facebook....

    Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 5 or 6 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

    Flower Of The Month....

    Just a couple of days left to get this gorgeous pattern on sale. The templates are on sale too. Pretty 3 Dimensional African Violet can be the start of that flower quilt you've always wanted to make.

    On Our Sale Page

    http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/african-violet-la.jpg

    Fused Reverse Applique by Linda Everhart of Quilting Among Friends....

    Twenty two years ago I had the honor of having Kaye Wood as a quest in our home, and I had my opportunity of taking a quilting workshop from a high caliber, expertise quilter. I was hooked. I had a Home Ec. degree but after meeting Kaye, I knew my hearts desire was to travel giving quilt programs for guilds, cruises, quilt shops and churches. I loved teaching sewing! I began taking workshops from well-known quilters, and made a trunk full of quilts. I prayed the Lord would give me wisdom to creative a new technique to allow me future opportunity of travel and teaching. After making a beautiful complex reverse applique quilt, I realized there should be an easier way. My brain was spinning ideas; what if I did it this way? I practiced making quilts from my streamlined, high tech idea making the same quilt ingeniously in half the time. Behold, my new technique was born, and I received the gift I prayed for. This creation of fused reverse applique was trademarked "fusique".

    That is my story and I found myself living a life driven by infinite possibilities of quilted art inspired by the color, texture and designs in fabric. I have never "cooled" or looked back. In 2000 I launched my pattern design company Among Friends using this technique. The opportunities followed in many ways. My first major accomplishments included taping Simply Quilts with Alex Anderson on HGTV, and then a second opportunity to meet Kaye Wood, again, as a guest on Kaye's Quilting Friends. Other exciting events have included teaching in England, Ireland, and Wales, followed by teaching on many cruises to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman Island and Cozumel, Mexico. Several magazines featured my designs, including the Euro Magic Patchwork. How fun is that for a farm girl, who spends time fixing fence in the fall?

    Linda's Reversible Applique Videos on our YouTube Channel

    http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/victorianelegancebig.jpg

    Victorian Elegance Quilt Technique on our YouTube Channel

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/af-godblessmed.jpg

    Uncle Same, God Bless America Video on our YouTube Channel.

    FR** FUSIQUE Pattern - Soaring Surf (available as a FR** pattern ONLY until the end of January!

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/haq-jahomed.jpg

    January Holiday House Quilt Pattern

    on our Sale Page

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/January-pen-med.jpg

    January Penguin Pattern

    on our What's New Page

    This Week On Our Youtube Channel....

    http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv_potholders.jpg

    Shown here: Potholders and Kitchen Quilts

    Watch as Kaye dresses up kitchen quilts and pot holders.

    See the video HERE

    This Week in History, Jan 16-23....

    Jan 22, 1998 - Ted Kaczynski pleads guilty to bombings

    Jan 23, 1957 - Toy company Wham-O produces first Frisbees

    Jan 24, 1935 - First canned beer goes on sale

    Jan 25, 1905 - World's largest diamond found

    Jan 26, 1788 - Australia Day

    Jan 27, 1888 - National Geographic Society founded

    Jan 28, 1986 - Challenger explodes

    http://www.kayewood.com/96.jpg

    New Cruise Scheduled - Quilting Cruise To The Caribbean....

    It's a Sewing and Quilting Cruise - March 30, 2014

    Do you like to make quilts? Do you enjoy being with other quilters?

    Is it fun to take quilting classes? How about some new sewing techniques?

    Now you can take a cruise and take quilting classes from Kaye Wood and Veronica Cox and sewing classes from Emma Seabrooke and Mary Carollo.

    Kaye loves to teach quilting classes and loves to cruise.

    To date, she has taken quilters on 19 cruises to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Alaska, Mexico and New Zealand.

    Just what is a sewing and quilting cruise?
    We are just a small group aboard a big ship.

    While at sea, we have sit-and-sew classes, lectures, demonstrations, show & tell, sharing. Non-sewing people have all of the ship's programs, shopping, entertainment and special events. So if you bring your spouse, family members or friends, there will be plenty for them to do while you sew & quilt.

    When in port, there are all of the usual tourist things to do.

    And all of the supplies for classes are furnished - Janome sewing machines, rulers, rotary cutters, mats, irons, fabric, etc. So you bring no sewing supplies.

    So come on board on the Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.

    We will leave Ft. Lauderdale on March 30, 2014 for 7 nights of fun and sun on Celebrity's new ship, Silhouette.

    Our ports of call will be St. Maarten, St. Kitts and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

    Just call Bonnie at Cruise One   800-784-4480 and you can be part of this fun adventure.

    Complete class details at www.roundbobbin.com

    http://www.kayewood.com/cruise-ship.jpg

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/nl-ittybittymed.jpg

    Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheels Tool and Pattern

    On our New Page this week

    https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/nl-primitivemed.jpg

    Primitive Pinwheels Tool and Pattern

    On our New Page this week

    Show and Tell....

    http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/78461218478253915_N59nsNTS_c-241x300.jpg

    "Circles of' Circles of Black, Circles of White 3" - the third in a series of art quilts embellished with buttons and beads.

    Nancy....

    Cutting Stars With Kaye's Starmaker 6 Master Template

    HERE

    http://www.kayewood.com/97.jpg

    We Now Accept PayPal....

    http://www.kayewood.com/paypal.jpg

    DVD of the Week....

    Diamonds of Yellowstone Technique DVD

    Pick out your most interesting fabric to showcase in this wallhanging pattern. Fussy cut those prints into 4, 6 or 8 inch diamonds and join together for this interesting design. Border strips frame the blocks to add depth. Try some vivid wildlife fabric and make a beautiful quilt for the men in your life, or maybe flowers or dancers for a lovely little girl, the possibilities are endless. Uses the View & Do Diamond Shape (sold separately),

    Technique DVD on sale, HERE

    Diamonds of Yellowstone Pattern on sale HERE

    http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/DiamondsofYellowstonelg.jpg

    Diamonds of Yellowstone Pattern

    Diamonds of Yellowstone Technique DVD

    List Your Event....

    A Day With Kaye Wood, Blue Sky Quilters,

    Monday Feb 17, 2014, Val Vista Village (Ranchos Community Centre)

    233 N ValVista Dr, Mesa AZ 85213

    $25.00 includes Seminar, Lunch and Door Prizes.

    Bring cash for a "Beer Ticket Raffle" of a quilt!

    quilt.junkie@...

    http://www.kayewood.com/quiltsforkidslogo.jpg

    Have a great week everyone, Hurry and take advantage of our January Sales!

    Terrye

    http://www.kayewood.com/98.jpg