600KayeWood.com Weekly Email Newsletter Week of 12-18-13 - December's Moons and Stars Plus a FR** Pattern!

    Dec 18, 2013

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1Christmas.jpg

      • What's on Sale!
      • What's New?
      • PayPal
      • Reverse Applique
      • TwinStar Mega Sale
      • List Your Event
      • Facebook
      • Bluebird Patternlet
      • My Waterfall Landscape Quilt Pattern
      • DVD of the Week, Blazing Stars
      • On Our YouTube Channel - Emeralds and Amethysts
      • This Week in History
      • New Caribbean Cruise Scheduled
      • Winter Welcome Pattern
      • Winter Blues Pattern
      • Fr** Pattern

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is ready for Christmas.....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_christmas.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Christmas at KayeWood.com Board on our Pintrest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/qsclogo.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/nmlwf.jpg

      Welcome to the 15th Annual Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival

      September 27 & 28, 2014

      http://www.kayewood.com/favecrafts.gif

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin :

      Last week we lost our dog of 8 years to cancer. Apparently I was so distraught over this that my husband insisted we get another puppy right away. So we scoured the Free to a Good Home ads, Craigs List ads, Facebook groups and the Petfinder site. And we found her! The minute I saw her little face on the website I knew she was the one. And she was at a shelter pretty close by, so the adoption process began and 2 days later, I was the proud possession of a litte monster. I mean the cutest little lab/shar-pei mix puppy ever. She's pretty good too, and smart and the best part is, I think, that we were able to rescue her from a shelter. She's already settled in and is into everything. My Christmas tree is decorated from 4 feet up for a reason. My knitting basket has been relocated to the couch and I don't have any slippers anymore, lol

      Are you enjoying our Holiday sales?

      We will send out 3 newsletters a week with a different Christmas special. Monday will be a short newsletter advertising a sale for a week. Wednesday will be the regular newsletter and Friday, another short newsletter. These sales will all run from one week of their start, so you have the opportunity to "stock up" on sales. All sales are on our Sale page, check back regularly, this time of year they change daily!

      Be sure to pay attention this Friday, we have something pretty big scheduled......

      http://www.kayewood.com/akita.jpg

      Please help us welcome, Akita, our 12 week old disaster and a shoe-in for the mascot position in the shop. She is Lab/Shar-pei mix.

      This week we are honoring the Moon and Stars that are so pretty in our Northern Michigan December skies.

      Also, all December Themed Patterns and also new clearance and hurt items.

      Go HERE for all of our sale and clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      A selection of our Moon and Stars Patterns are on sale!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/col-starstruckmed.jpg

      Starstruck Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/cascading-stars-med.jpg

      Cascading Stars Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mb-eveningmed.jpg

      Evening Camp Button Quilt Pattern with Buttons

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/az-med.jpg

      Arizona Cactus Paper Piecing Pattern, Includes Paper

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/climbing-hill-med.jpg

      Stars Over Climbing Hill Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/prism-star-med.jpg

      Prism Stars Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/underthestarsmed.jpg

      Under The Stars Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/moon-med.jpg

      Moon in the Window Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mb-sewfunmed.jpg

      Sew Fun Button Quilt Pattern with Buttons

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/wb-chickadeeandevergreenmed.jpg

      Chickadee and Evergreen Patternlet

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/wq-downmed.jpg

      Down by the River or Road Landscape Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/abq-2bmed.jpg

      2B Bag Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      We Now Accept Paypal....

      http://www.kayewood.com/paypal.jpg

      Reverse Applique Tips Needed!

      Have you tried this technique? Do you have any dos/do nots to share?

      Let us know...HERE

      TwinStar Mega Sale!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/kayewood-set-large.jpg

      Kaye's TwinStar Jacket Pattern is the star of this show, but wait, you also get

      • Vests To Dye For
      • Terrific Triangles
      • Serger Patchwork Projects
      • Sunny Skies
      • Patchwork Pyramids
      • Starring The Eagle
      • Savage Star
      • Sensational Seminole

      All in all there are 7 patterns, 1 DVD and 2 books in this collection. They are sure to sell out fast at this price, so hurry!

      Reg. Price was $30.00

      Sale Price is $15.00

      List Your Event....

      http://www.kayewood.com/quiltsforkidslogo.jpg

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 5 or 6 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/wb-bluebirdmed.jpg

      Blue Bird Patternlet

      on our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/wq-waterfallmed.jpg

      My Waterfall Landscape Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page

      DVD of the Week....

      Blazing Stars Quilt Techniques DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 on our Sale Page!

      Kaye's techniques for matching points are what bring her stars to life. Easy, quick and fun, learn all about stars with this 20Ă‚ minute DVD! Blazing Stars uses the Starmaker 8 Master Template.

      Bonus material on DVD includes the Q-Typs with Blazing Stars Quilt in the Background

      • 1. Stressing Accuracy and the Starmakers
      • 2. Using Wedges in Quilts
      • 3. The Starmaker Master Templates in Quilting The Kaye Wood Way
      • 4. Techniques for Using the Starmaker Master Templates
      • 5. A Different Point of View on the View & Do Shapes
      • 6. Choosing Fabrics for your Quilts - Living on the Edge of Color
      • 7. The Infamous Y-Seam Made Easy
      • 8. Topless Triangles
      • 9. Flying Geese
      • 10. Diagonal Half Squares

      Technique DVD on sale, HERE

      Blazing Stars Quilt Pattern on sale HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/blazingstarsbig.jpg

      Blazing Stars Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/sm8.jpg

      Starmaker 8 Master Template

      This Week On Our Youtube Channel....

      http://www.kayewood.com/kwtv_emeralds.jpg

      Shown here: Emeralds and Amethysts from the e- book Strip Cut Quilts

      Strip-Cut Quilts has over 200 illustrations, 30 projects and 23 quilt block techniques. More than 30 color photos let you see what grand projects they truly are. This book is great for the beginner or advanced quilter, with projects to suit every skill level. Enjoy a trip through the seasons with quilts like, Glacier Ice, Spring Rain, Flying Gander and Rainbow Sherbert. Create a beautiful Christmas table runner or be swept away as Kokopelli Plays Again. Techniques include fussy cuts, tree borders, flying geese, topless triangles and much, much more. Tips include everything from fabric preparation, accurate cutting, measuring and pressing tips, to squaring up your blocks, borders, sashing and mitered corners. Paper template included, although we offer and recommend the acrylic versionĂ‚ Starmaker 8, for greater ease and accuracy.

      See the video HERE

      This Week in History, Dec 18 - Dec 24

      Dec 18, 1620 - Mayflower docks at Plymouth Harbor

      Dec 19, 1998 - President Clinton impeached

      Dec 20, 1957 - Elvis Presley is drafted

      Dec 21, 1988 - Pan Am Flight 103 explodes over Scotland

      Dec 22, 1956 - First gorilla born in captivity

      Dec 23, 1888 - Van Gogh chops off ear

      Dec 24, 1979 - Soviet tanks roll into Afghanistan

      http://www.kayewood.com/84.jpg

      New Cruise Scheduled - Quilting Cruise To The Caribbean

      Join Kaye on her 20th quilting cruise as we sail and quilt on the

      Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise.

      Other teachers include Mary Corollo, Veronica Cox and Emma Seabrooke.

      March 30-April 6, 2014 on the new Celebrity Cruise Ship Silhouette

      Ports of Call include:

      • Ft Lauderdale, FL
      • Philipsburg, St Maarten
      • Basseterre, St Kitts
      • San Juan, Puerto Rico

      All sewing supplies are furnished, including sewing machines by Janome.

      To book your cruise, contact Bonnie at Cruise One 1-800-784-4480.

      For information on the cruise classes, contact Round Bobbin

      at 800-473-9464 www.roundbobbin.com

      http://www.kayewood.com/cruise-ship.jpg

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/ph-winterwelcomemed.jpg

      Winter Welcome Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/mpc-wintermed.jpg

      Winter Blues Pattern

      On our New Page this week

      FR** Pattern!

      http://www.kayewood.com/81.jpg

      Seasonal Wallhanging

      A 6 pointed star with several interchangeable fussy-cut centers, quickly changes with the seasons. Start with a hexagon, which is fussy-cut from fabric or an embroidery design. Add triangles and Log Cabin borders to accent the center. Great for any season, holiday or event you'd like to make special! Great gift idea! Uses the Starmaker 6 Master Template and the View & Do Hexagon (sold separately).

      Get yours here, hurry, won't be available for long....

      http://www.kayewood.com/seasonal_wallhanging.pdf

      Show and Tell....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/480883_2855516823811_1136297507_2128408_101092866_n.jpg

      Picnic blanket and bag.

      Jodi....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/404121_2855512863712_1136297507_2128407_2101466404_n.jpg

      Have a great week everyone, and get out and play in the snow!

      Terrye

      http://www.kayewood.com/77.jpg