577KayeWood.com Quilting and Sewing Newsletter Week of 10.2.1 3 - Fr** Breast Cancer Awareness Pillow Pattern, October and Halloween Patterns and Lots of New Stuff!

    Oct 2, 2013

      http://www.kayewood.com/1.1.jpeg

      • What's on Sale!
      • What's New?
      • Attic Window Techniques DVD
      • List Your Event
      • Facebook
      • Free Pattern - Breast Cancer Pillow
      • Boardwalk Quilt Pattern
      • Animal Attaches Quilt Pattern
      • Kaye's on YouTube
      • We Now Accept PayPal!
      • Australian Quilting Cruise
      • Fussy Cutting Techniques
      • Show and Tell
      • Starmakers Ablaze
      • Cabana
      • Storing Your Quilts
      • Strip Quilting Projects 2-9

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg
      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is singing pretty songs.....Follow us!

      http://www.kayewood.com/twitter_quilt.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/pinterest.jpg

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out our Crazy Old Ladies Board on our Pinterest Site HERE

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts ExposSign up for the QSC e-newsletter and get the latest information about our shows! Workshops, Seminars, Quilt Displays, Quilt Contests and much more!

      http://www.kayewood.com/quilt_qua_new.jpg

      http://www.kayewood.com/favecrafts.jpg

      Hi Quilters!

      Today at the Cabin : Well it's October. Strange when just yesterday it was March! The leaves aren't appearing on the trees, they are falling off. The green isn't starting to show, it's turning red, and orange and yellow, and it's hunting season! Whether for food, sport or other, it's here and we are going to celebrate! So, some of you know about my computer issues, they areongoing it seems. Finally broke down and bought a new one and let me tell you, I am NOT in love with Windows 8. Very user unfriendly in my opinion, but with 8+ hours a day, I'm sure I'll get used to it. (Rant Finished!)

      This week the sale page features October and Halloween patterns, and hunting and fishing patterns, clearance and lots of hurt items too!

      Be sure to check it all out on our Sale Page.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our New Page too!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/huntingmouselg.jpg

      Hunting Button Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price $14.00

      Sale Price - $11.00

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/zp-octhohomed.jpg

      October Holiday House Haunted House Quilt Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/spookytriomed.jpg

      Spooky Trio Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pump-med.jpg

      Pumpkin Patternlet

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/hunting_fishingd.jpg

      Hunting and Fishing Wallhanging Technique DVD

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/bfbmed.jpg

      Butterfly Ballerina Twirly TuTu Wand and Pillow Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/rockfishmed.jpg

      Yellow Rockfish Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/oct-med.jpg

      October Scare Pattern

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/autumnleavesmed.jpg

      Autumn Leaves

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/sct-backwoodsmed.jpg

      Backwoods Bungalow Tent Pattern for 18" Doll Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/sct-inchargemed.jpg

      In Charge Charging Boxes Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/col-cheerymed.jpg

      Cheerios Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/col-starstruckmed.jpg

      Starstruck Quilt Pattern

      On Our What's New Page

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/pfa-atticwindowmed.jpg

      Attic Windows Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 on our Sale Page!

      DVD of the Week....

      Attic Window

      Introducing the Attic Window Tool One simple tool...
      ...so many possibilities!
      No "Y" Seams!
      Makes Six Sizes What's hiding in the attic window? You can decide with this fun, attic window block combo! Includes acrylic triangle tool, and the secret folding technique to make your blocks without the Y-seam! Let yourimagination take you away so your windows reflect pieces of you or your loved one!

      Attic Window Ruler and Pattern Sheet

      Our daily Facebook Deals are better and better every day. 5 or 6 different deals each day and they're all on our sale page Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page.

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/c35.34.438.438/s160x160/2099_61478773728_4714_n.jpg

      List Your Event....

      http://www.kayewood.com/101.jpg

      Free Pattern - Breast Cancer Pillow....

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bcp1-150x150.jpg

      In honor of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

      Here

      Suggestion from a reader regarding the breast cancer pillow project.

      Hello, I'm a survivor of breast cancer and appreciate all you are doing. However, if the pillow would be made of a heart shape, it would be great to use during the recovering time. The heart, made of flannel, can be placed under the arm for comfort and believeme it works. I used mine for sleeping and found it was a great comfort.

      Thank you so much for your input. I'm sure many readers will find this useful.

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/dpd-animalmed.jpg

      Animal Attaches Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page!

      https://www.kayewood.com/item_images/asd-boardwalkmed.jpg

      Boardwalk Quilt Pattern

      on our What's New Page!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/flying_geeselg.jpg

      Shown here: Flying Geese and More

      Make a block or a flock of flying geese with this step by step guide to 150 flying geese block designs. This book is based on making flying geese using the Flying Geese x 4 No math ruler (sold separately).

      See the video HERE

      and get the book and ruler, HERE

      http://www.kayewood.com/paypal.jpg

      We Now Accept PayPal....

      Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      Fussy Cutting Techniques....

      Go HERE for this technique

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/show1.jpg

      Show and Tell....

      Here is my Dresden Plate I can't believe how pretty it turned out for a first try!

      Kim....

      Storing Your Quilts....

      1. Quilts should be aired or vacuumed before storing. Use a low suction hand vac with a nylon screen to protect it from harmful pull. When airing, be sure the quilt is laying flat, protected from soil, and not in direct sunlight.

      2. The ideal storage is a flat surface, properly lined with acid free material, large enough to have its own space.

      3. When folding, use crumpled acid-free tissue in the folds for support. Refold the quilt every 3-6 months to minimize permanent fold lines. Rolling quilts is an option, but it does place stress on the entire quilt.

      4. If the storage unit is made of wood or cardboard, it should be lined with several layers of washed, 100% cotton fabric. This is necessary to protect the fabric from chemicals in the wood or paper. Cotton liner should be washed semi-annually.

      5. Covers of pre washed 100% cotton sheeting, muslin, pillow cases, or acid-free tissue paper are strongly recommended. These materials allow air to pass through and keep light and dust out. Plastic is not advised.

      6. Keep the storage area clean and insect free. The herb Artemisia is a natural pesticide. Hang in the storage area or in a small bag. Do not let the bag touch the quilts!

      *Information from AQS

      Strip Quilting Projects Book 2-9

      Get Kaye's Strip Quilting Project Books 2-9 (minus Strip Quilting 6) as a set for $7.00 that is only 1 dollar a piece. These book's sell for 5.00 apiece. That is a savings of $33.00.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item_images/sqmegasalelg.jpg

      This Week in History....

      Oct 02, 1985 - Hollywood icon Rock Hudson dies of AIDS

      Oct 03, 1995 - O.J. Simpson acquitted

      Oct 04, 1957 - Sputnik launched

      Oct 05, 1947 - First presidential speech on TV

      Oct 06, 1866 - First U.S. train robbery

      Oct 07, 2003 - Arnold Schwarzenegger becomes California governor

      Oct 08, 1871 - Great Chicago Fire begins

      Have a great week, everyone!

      Terrye

      http://www.kayewood.com/60.jpg