557Quilting the KayeWood.com Way Week of 5.23.13 - Art to Heart and Legacy Designs and Y-Seams!

    May 23, 2013

      • Legacy Designs and Art to Heart - On Sale This Week
      • What's New in The Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • A Note About Our Facebook Sales
      • This Week in History
      • You Tube
      • Princess Pattern
      • Craftsy
      • Australian Cruise
      • Y-Seams
      • 20th Anniversary of the LoveQuilt Connection
      • New FR** Pattern - Looking Through The Windows
      • KayeWood.com T-Shirts
      • Show and Tell
      • Q and A With Kaye
      • Quilting Events

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is hanging in her favorite tree, waiting for you.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!</ strong>

      Check out Legacy Designs on our Pinterest Site

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : Cold and Wet! But the lilacs are blooming and that's awesome. Vacation was fun, we did the Grand Canyon and a National Park called Tonto Natural Bridge. The weather was hot and dry. We climbed rocks and looked over edges. Played in waterfalls and drank in the Arizona sunshine. And came back to 50 degrees and rain. Oh well, it did have to end!

      This week Legacy Designs and Art to Heart is featured.

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Windmills Around The World Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price $8.50

      Sale Price $6.00

      Don't forget to check out our Clearance Items and hurt items too. Lots of stuff on sale this week.

      Check it out....
      All on our SALE PAGE

      Mini Duet Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price $8.50

      Sale Price $6.00

      Curiosities Book

      Regular Price $19.00

      Sale Price $12.00

      Christmas Quilting Book Bundle

      Regular Price $120.00

      Sale Price $75.00

      Calendar Quilts and Stitcheries Book

      Regular Price $17.00

      Sale Price $10.00

      Tortilla Chip Warm and Serve Pattern

      Regular Price $9.00

      Sale Price $6.00

      On The Edge Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price $8.50

      Sale Price $6.00

      Roll On Kansas Charm Pattern

      Regular Price $8.50

      Sale Price $6.50

      New In The Shop - Purse Patterns from Purse-O-Nalities....

      A Quilter's Purse-O-Nality Tote Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Totem Tales Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Forest Grove Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Charming Fractions Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Blazing Stars Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      Blazing Stars Quilt Technique

      Blazing Stars are blazing fast with Kaye Wood's fast and accurate techniques. A great fat quarter quilt, make your stars all the same or mix it up with your own color variations, for one fabulous looking quilt. Uses the Starmaker 8 (sold separately).

      Sizes: Crib, Twin, Double, King

      Get the DVD HERE (on sale for $5.00)

      Get the pattern HERE (on sale for $3.00)

      A Note About Facebook....

      We have a lot of facebook specials going on every day, so the sale prices won't show up in the shopping cart, nor will they show up in the order confirmation, but when you mention the ads in the comments section of the shopping cart we will only charge you the sale prices.

      This Week In History....

      May is National Creative Beginnings Month!
      May 23, 1934 Police kill famous outlaws Bonnie and Clyde
      May 24, 1883 Brooklyn Bridge opens
      May 25, 1977 Star Wars opens
      May 26, 1897 Dracula goes on sale in London
      May 27, 1941 Bismarck sunk by Royal Navy
      May 28, 1961 Appeal for Amnesty campaign launches
      May 29, 1953 Hillary and Tenzing reach Everest summit

      Shown here is Star Spangled Quilt using Kaye's Starmaker 5, 6, and 8 Master Templates!

      See the video HERE

      Buy the book, Everyone Can Quilt and get the DVD FREE!!

      Princess Quilt Pattern - Brand New!

      Princess quilt pattern includes full size patterns, full size placement sheets, and instructions to make the six block 60" x 86" version or the 19 1/2" x 43" wall hanging version shown below. Also includes the full alphabet to customize for the princess in your life. The technique is fusible applique.

      Get yours HERE!

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      They're not that hard and Kaye shows you how in our YouTube Channel

      Here's a free tip sheet on Kaye's easy way to do Y-Seams!

      20th Anniversary of the LoveQuilt Connection!

      Sharonville, Ohio Quilt Show June 13, 14 & 15, 2013 LoveQuilt 20th Anniversary

      The LoveQuilt Connection will once again be at this show. Please join us for this community service project - this year it will be doll and infant quilts for the Salvation Army. On each morning of the show from 9-9:45am will be a class on how to make these 6 Hour Quilts the Kaye Wood way. These sponsors help to make this a successful event: sergers by BabyLock & Seams Sew Easy Shop, Northcott Fabrics, Sulky threads, Warm Company batting, Clover cutters and mats, and the Original Creative Festival Show.
      www.communityquiltconnection.org or email cquiltcinc05@...

      New Free Pattern....

      Looking Through The Windows

      A scene (fabric or embroidery) is fussy-cut and viewed through an octagon shaped window.

      KayeWood.com T-Shirts! In Our Clearance Pages

      Size Large Only.

      Regular Price was $12.00, On Sale For $8.00

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way T-Shirt.

      Short sleeved, 50% poly/50% cotton pre-shrunk

      Color: White

      Size: Large

      Show and Tell....

      Quilt I designed and made this year for our 2nd granddaughter. I made up the verse as I designed it.

      Made with Nana's hands, sending hugs and kisses from her and Papa's hearts,

      Sweet dreams Eva Rae.

      Q and A With Kaye....

      Q: How do you put a hanging sleeve or just simply hang a circle quilt?

      K: You would make a half circle sleeve and sew it across the middle. Put a dowel in the sleeve that goes across the middle of the quilt. This will keep it stable and help keep it's form. Then bend a wire coat hanger and put it in the half circle.

      Q: How do I accurately measure the finished top size, when setting up the back? I would like to do some creative applique on the back, but don't know how to position it.

      K: Cut the backing 4-6" larger than the top. Fold in the fourths to find the center. That should help you position the applique.

      List Your Event....

      Have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day, everyone!

      Terrye and Kayla

      Terrye Kinch

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.