362Quilting The Kaye Wood Way, Week of 9.1.10

    Sep 1, 2010

      • New Sale
      • Colorado Quilters
      • Michigan Quilters
      • KayeWoodTV.com - Perfect Y-Seams
      • Where's Kaye
      • Show and Tell
      • Free Pattern
      • Tips
      • Funny Stories
      • Ask Kaye
      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      Today, "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird if frolicking in the flowers....Follow us!

      48661

      Labor Day Weekend!

      Means the end of summer, and although there will still be some hot weather, the kids are back in school, or will be shortly and autumn is imminent!

      This week its all about the Starmaker 8 and our new Quarter Quilt pattern, Path Of Light. You can get the Path of Light pattern for 1/2 price with purchase of the Starmaker 8! Already have the Starmaker 8? Get our new Path of Light Pattern for only $6.00!

      Just click on the picture above, or on this link to take advantage of this great sale.

      Attention All Michigan Area Quilters....

      Kaye's coming to Traverse City! She's going to be doing both a Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show and a Teacher's Certification Class.

      Sew Along With Kaye as she shows you how to cut strips with her Starmaker Master Templates.

      Just click here

      (high speed connection recommended)

      Our Readers Show and Tell....
      This is Olive. She is the niece of Kaye's Son and Daughter-In-Law. This gorgeous little girl is showing off the quilt that Kaye made for her. It's a log cabin design from Kaye's Quilt Like A Pro book.

      New Free Pattern - Chain of Roses....

      Kaye uses her View & Do Octagon Shape for this Chain of Roses pattern. Using Kaye's View & Do Octagon Shapes, you can easily create this rose themed "woven" table runner. The strips that frame each octagon interweave to make an interesting background for the roses.

      Click here to download the free pattern (adobe acrobat reader required)

      Tips From Our Readers....
      I use an empty, very well washed, big popcorn tin to store my bits and pieces of lace, trim, strings of beads, etc. for crazy quilts. They have plenty of room and don't put unwanted creases in anything, and they make a nice display when I take out a handful....Sarah
      Reader's Funny Stories....
      I learned to be organized while I work after cutting something on the rotary mat that had the last piece of a fabric I needed for the project right under it and was now unusable....Linda

      So...I saw this beautiful quilt in a Quick Quilts magazine and under the title it said, "Can you spot the cheater fabric?"  (there was a printed border). I THOUGHT that because it was in a Quick Quilt magazine that it would be "quick" to make and ordered the kit from a shop in Minnesota. There were several different color groupings of fabrics; 12 large blocks altogether and I could NOT figure out where to begin, or which square was my largest square! I asked my local quilt shop owner if she would help me if I brought the kit in. Even she said that I needed an excel spread sheet to figure out/label all the fabrics! The quilt has been started and I have 2 or 3 blocks completed, but it definitely is NOT a quick quilt....Barb

      Ask Kaye....

      This week, Linda Asks: Can you tell me what brand of iron you use on your show? It does an amazing job from what I can see!

      Kaye answers: I always use a cordless iron, but I have used several brands. My favorite is the Panasonic. Most cordless irons have been taken off the market, but I think Oreck still makes one. I never use steam and press just once. Let me know if you are able to find one.

      That's all for this week

      Have a great week from

      Customer Service
      Download our catalog